Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dusty Rhodes passes away
On the same day that we lose Christopher Lee, wrestling legend The American Dream Dusty Rhodes has died at the age of 69.

A terrible loss.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: On the same day that we lose Christopher Lee, wrestling legend The American Dream Dusty Rhodes has died at the age of 69.

A terrible loss.

Grew up watching wrestling, and the American Dream was always one of my favorites. His matches with Flair and Harley Race were epic. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Grew up watching wrestling, and the American Dream was always one of my favorites. His matches with Flair and Harley Race were epic. 

I love his promos. The guy could improv a promo and make it memorable. Look at the Hard Times promo.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Grew up watching wrestling, and the American Dream was always one of my favorites. His matches with Flair and Harley Race were epic. 

I grew up more toward the end of his career, the end of the Flair-Rhodes feud. One of the first matches I watched in the mid-80s was between the two. I don't remember what, but I think it was barbed wire (I just remember Flair busted open).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 05:09 PM)Benton Wrote: I grew up more toward the end of his career, the end of the Flair-Rhodes feud. One of the first matches I watched in the mid-80s was between the two. I don't remember what, but I think it was barbed wire (I just remember Flair busted open).

That sounds like a lot of their matches. I've always been amazed at how Flair's forehead seemed to be somewhat unblemished despite how many times he bladed, while Dusty looks like someone rubs a cheese grater on forehead every day.
Reply/Quote
Jesus I thought we lost our auditor. No idea who this guy is, but RIP.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Loser leaves florida
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 05:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That sounds like a lot of their matches. I've always been amazed at how Flair's forehead seemed to be somewhat unblemished despite how many times he bladed, while Dusty looks like someone rubs a cheese grater on forehead every day.
The Nature Boy is un blemished because "To be the man, you gotta beat the man... WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

That sucks that the Dusty Rhodes died...

Who is Chris Lee?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 05:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus I thought we lost our auditor.  No idea who this guy is, but RIP.
I thought the same thing (not a wresting fan so I didn't know of this guy).  Not in reference to him being county auditor, but rather as the WLW dj I listened to spin the oldies back in the '80s.  Used to listen to his show every Sunday night. 
But, as you said, rest in peace.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:55 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I love his promos. The guy could improv a promo and make it memorable. Look at the Hard Times promo.

MEAT on WEBN does a great Dusty Rhodes impression

they even had the real Dusty on to pitch him some of his old promos and dusty loved it.. that was just a few weeks ago.

the american dream. he will be missed.

[Image: dusty-rhodes-27484511.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Loved Dusty Rhodes.  Got Sapphire's autograph when she happened to stop at a corn dog stand I worked at in high school.

RIP to them both.
Reply/Quote
“I’ve wined and dined with Kings and Queens and slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans”

“The man of the hour, the man with the power. I am the hit-maker and the record breaker. I’ve got style and grace, a pretty face. I’ll make your back crack, your liver quiver. If you ain’t into this mess, you’re at the wrong address. Superstar, when the other wrestlers are in the back smilin’ and jokin, the Dream’s out back, WOO, cookin’ and smokin'”

Classic trashtalker. One of the all time wrestling greats. RIP Dusty.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I was shocked :/ R.I.P. to a true legend.........
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: MEAT on WEBN does a great Dusty Rhodes impression

they even had the real Dusty on to pitch him some of his old promos and dusty loved it.. that was just a few weeks ago.

the american dream.  he will be missed.

[Image: dusty-rhodes-27484511.jpg]

I went to money in the bank Sunday in Columbus..... They gave him a lot of respect.  This was my contribution

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

All of you wrestling dorks better rep the shit out of me for this video.

*look at the likes dislikes for the vid on youtube.  rare thing to see boys, rare thing to see
Reply/Quote