Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN First Take (Bengals - Steelers)
Even if Hill did not fumble they were getting the ball back without a Bengals first down.

All 3 plays cost Bengals playoff win.

Still lay the biggest blame on Jones taking the bait. Other two came in heat of the moment when ball was alive and decisions are made quickly.

The deadball foul is inexcusable in my book.

Still all 3 did it, plus some crooked refereeing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It is a new season and would rather put that behind me now though.

With so many new starters no telling how we match up this season.

But we must win.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 08:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stink hit the nail on the head when he said "when you win, it's gamesmanship. When you lose, it's a lack of discipline." To the winner go the spoils. Hate it all you want...the Steelers have always walked right up to that line--and sometimes crossed it--but they've backed it up by winning. 

THAT is why they always get away with it. 

Citing Ryan was a perfect example. In '09 and '10, when he was winning and going to the AFCCG, everyone loved him. Now that he's losing, it's not so charming. 

Win games and you get the benefit of the doubt--right or wrong. That's the way it is and the way it's always been. 

Okay, Marvin, IT'S TIME TO WIN!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 09:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Even if Hill did not fumble they were getting the ball back without a Bengals first down.

Still lay the biggest blame on Jones taking the bait. Other two came in heat of the moment when ball was alive and decisions are made quickly.

I kinda agree, but I feel Hill's fumble is more to blame... Just go down. He had to fight for extra yardage when it wasn't needed. Pacman put the final nail in the coffin. Had he not swung at Porter, maybe Joey would have gotten the flag. If you watch the video, Burfict is talking to the refs about Porter being out there. They didn't even have time to take it all in when Jones bumped the ref to get at him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 09:36 PM)jason Wrote: I kinda agree, but I feel Hill's fumble is more to blame... Just go down. He had to fight for extra yardage when it wasn't needed. Pacman put the final nail in the coffin. Had he not swung at Porter, maybe Joey would have gotten the flag. If you watch the video, Burfict is talking to the refs about Porter being out there. They didn't even have time to take it all in when Jones bumped the ref to get at him.

Agree with both of ya. But all 3 decisions were made selfishly putting the I in front of team. Hope that has sunk home and we can finally rise above it.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 06:07 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Smith also forgets that Munchak ripped Reggie Nelson's dreds out...
[Image: Mike_Munchak_Fined_Reggie_Nelson_Hair_Pull.png]
Steelers- Organization, coaching and players are and always has been a bunch of chumps. Fans of them, the ones who cheer them on for what they do are the biggest losers of all. 

I honestly hate re-living this game. It needs to go away. 
Its a shame, I really thought we would keep Nelson just for the way he plays against Pitt. 
Reply/Quote
Smith is admittedly a Steeler and Jets fan. He rolls with the Steelers mostly because they are more successful and Tomlin.

The point being made about player discipline made by MS is a valid one.

Smith definitely comes off sounding like a dip shit in this clip.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 07:13 PM)Gohards Wrote: Stephen A. is such a racist. Why does he have to make everything about race?? Who cares if Marvin lewis is black

Probably his dad, because if he was any other race he might have a few questions to ask his wife.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 06:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Pretty sure Stephen A is a Steelers fan.  His opinion of what happened is moot to me.  The play of the game was the fumble.  No fumble, no conversation of this.

Stephan A thinks Tomlin is the God of Football.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 06:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Pretty sure Stephen A is a Steelers fan.  His opinion of what happened is moot to me.  The play of the game was the fumble.  No fumble, no conversation of this.

The play of the game was Gio getting knocked out and Stooler ball. That took at least 3 points off the board and started the fire. The next play was the Bryant catch/no catch/but 7 anyway. Both terrible officiating blunders. 

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 09:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Even if Hill did not fumble they were getting the ball back without a Bengals first down.

Yeah the Steelers would have gotten the ball back if the Bengals don't get a 1st down.  However, they would have had less time on the clock and 0 timeouts.  Field position would have been a makeable FG to make the Steelers have to go the whole field instead of just FG range.
Reply/Quote
E!SPN
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
They never mentioned that the refs handed that game to Pittsburgh on a silver platter. Porter being on the field when he shouldn't have been, Reggies hair getting yanked and yet the only thing they address is Marvins race and how big of 'thugs' Bengals players are..
Waste of pixels..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 11:48 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Smith is admittedly a Steeler and Jets fan. He rolls with the Steelers mostly because they are more successful and Tomlin.

The point being made about player discipline made by MS is a valid one.

Smith definitely comes off sounding like a dip shit in this clip.

This begs the question, how does this clip differ from any other clip of him?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 11:32 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: This begs the question, how does this clip differ from any other clip of him?
Yes. Steven A Smith is a clown. I love how he talks as if his opinion means anything. He acts as if what he is discussing (a game for crying out loud) is of great importance... Who watches that shit?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 12:38 PM)jason Wrote: Yes. Steven A Smith is a clown. I love how he talks as if his opinion means anything. He acts as if what he is discussing (a game for crying out loud) is of great importance... Who watches that shit?

First Take is trash tv. You're better off watching Springer. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 07:13 PM)Gohards Wrote: Stephen A. is such a racist. Why does he have to make everything about race?? Who cares if Marvin lewis is black

Well and he equates Marvin's poor record in the playoffs somehow as a failure to support the profile of black coaches.

It's a ludicrous point.  Marvin has done more to support the development and promotion of black coaches than anyone else in the league.

And Smith sounds like premenstrual teen ranting on a tangent.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 12:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: First Take is trash tv. You're better off watching Springer. 

I don't usually watch First Take, except for Bengals related clips I come across on Youtube. I thought Schlereth and Cain had an interesting conversation, but Stephen A had to overshadow it, as he always does, with his useless babbling.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 01:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't usually watch First Take, except for Bengals related clips I come across on Youtube. I thought Schlereth and Cain had an interesting conversation, but Stephen A had to overshadow it, as he always does, with his useless babbling.

I can't stomach even that much of Stephen A. Smith. Let me rephrase, First Take is a trash tv show because Stephen A. Smith is on it and that new show with Skip Bayless on Fox will be a trash tv show because Skip Bayless is on it. 
Reply/Quote
I understand the "double consciousness" that W.E.B. DuBois talked about (see below), but here's my problem with Stephen A.

He's quick to call out Marvin Lewis, quick to call out Tez and Pacman, but nowhere and at no time does he bring up Joey Porter and WTF he was doing on that field. Why isn't Joey Porter an embarrassment to black people? Neither does he mention Munchak pulling out Reggie's dreds, and having his fine/suspension revoked by NFL offices. This is just Stephen A. piling on remarks he's made over the past couple of years calling for Marvin's head. If he was that concerned with the success of black coaches, why does he fail to mention that Marvin is tied with Dennis Green as the second winningest black head coach in the history of the game behind Tony Dungy?

If he's a Steeler fan and just wants to hate on the Bengals, so be it. But then he should just say so. His comments on Marvin aren't racist, they're just stupid.

Quote:The term originated from an Atlantic Monthly article of Du Bois's titled "Strivings of the Negro People." It was later republished and slightly edited under the title "Of Our Spiritual Strivings" in his book, The Souls of Black Folk. Du Bois describes double consciousness as follows:

It is a peculiar sensation, this double-consciousness, this sense of always looking at one’s self through the eyes of others, of measuring one’s soul by the tape of a world that looks on in amused contempt and pity. One ever feels his two-ness,—an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder.

The history of the American Negro is the history of this strife – this longing to attain self-conscious manhood, to merge his double self into a better and truer self. In this merging he wishes neither of the older selves to be lost. He does not wish to Africanize America, for America has too much to teach the world and Africa. He wouldn't bleach his Negro blood in a flood of white Americanism, for he knows that Negro blood has a message for the world. He simply wishes to make it possible for a man to be both a Negro and an American without being cursed and spit upon by his fellows, without having the doors of opportunity closed roughly in his face.”[2]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote