Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Insider ranks Bengals #2 receiving corps in the NFL
(08-27-2015, 10:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe they will point at how he actually performs when these guys are on the field with him, as opposed to out injured?  Here's a hint:  He's pretty damn good. 

Nah, facts get ignored as excuses around here. 

Then this is the year there is no excuse for Dalton!*

*discaimer, this has been said and retracted every year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Crabtree and Cooper could be better as well if they were both on a team with a real QB. I'm not bashing Carr because he has potential but Kaep isn't accurate at all so Crab gets a little bit of a "pass" for the time spent with him throwing the ball. Actually he seemed to do much better when Smith was their starter and he's definitely not a great passing QB either.
Bengals WR's do have some potential though and obviously AJ has elite level skills.
Hardly #2 but perhaps top 10 imho.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 10:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe they will point at how he actually performs when these guys are on the field with him, as opposed to out injured?  Here's a hint:  He's pretty damn good. 

Nah, facts get ignored as excuses around here. 

If I were Eifert I would cuss Dalton the **** out. I don't know how many times that he has set Eifert up for the big hit by floating a duck in front of the safety. This last game wasn't the first.
Reply/Quote
I think we have a pretty good WR core. I also don't think the Colts are the best .

The colts have a weak roster and luck makes up for their weakness.

Top to bottom bengals WR are pretty strong.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Then this is the year there is no excuse for Dalton!*

No it hasn't. The only time was last year, but obviously it's going to be retracted when Dalton and Sanu were the only offensive skilled position players to start all year.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 03:54 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: No it hasn't. The only time was last year, but obviously it's going to be retracted when Dalton and Sanu were the only offensive skilled position players to start all year.

Yeah last year was a true mulligan.  If they can stay relatively healthy it should be a good year.  

Eifert will have more to do with Andy's success than Jones or Sanu.  He is the true #2 in This offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 03:23 PM)Element Wrote: Dalton supporters are gonna be mad and deny this article.

I wonder how Luck supporters feel about it. 

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 02:52 AM)Fresno B Wrote: If I were Eifert I would cuss Dalton the **** out. I don't know how many times that he has set Eifert up for the big hit by floating a duck in front of the safety. This last game wasn't the first.

If Eifert can't take a hit, then I don't want him on this team (let alone starting at TE).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:02 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If Eifert can't take a hit, then I don't want him on this team (let alone starting at TE).

I want Eifert to be able to withstand a hit, but you can't put your guys out there like Andy was doing the other night. As I've said in the thousand other threads though, it's just preseason, so I'm not tooooo worried about how Andy looked.

At the end of the day, I hope he can get the ball down a little more when the regular season comes. I believe he will as I'm sure it was something they've been going over watching the tape.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Then this is the year there is no excuse for Dalton!*

I don't think he needed any excuses after breaking Palmer's franchise records for yards and TDs in a single season (in his third year).  He didn't really have much of a running game then, either.  This team is very balanced.  If he has Eifert, Green, MLJ, and Hill for the entire season, he won't need anyone defending him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 02:52 AM)Fresno B Wrote: If I were Eifert I would cuss Dalton the **** out. I don't know how many times that he has set Eifert up for the big hit by floating a duck in front of the safety. This last game wasn't the first.

I guess Dalton, who has taken MANY more hits than Eifert is too class to ***** out his line for protection problems?  That includes the TE. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:00 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I wonder how Luck supporters feel about it. 

They've been putting talent around Luck, and he's been doing just fine. I don't know why he would need excuses. He just threw for 500 more yards and accounted for 8 more TDs and 4 less INT (though more fumbles) than Andy's "great year" in 2013. He did so with comparable weapons.

Why would Luck supporters feel bad about their QB taking full advantage of the talent he's been given to work with?

FWIW, Andy's 2013 and Luck's 2014 is what you want to see from young quarterbacks, but both of them need to work on the turnovers and Luck had a bit better of a year statistically. Luck looked much better than Andy if you watch the games, but that's not a slight on Andy as Andrew is probably your next best QB in the league in the very, very near future. I'll be ecstatic with Andy if he turns out to be 3/4 of the QB that Andrew is.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 07:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah last year was a true mulligan.  If they can stay relatively healthy it should be a good year.  

Eifert will have more to do with Andy's success than Jones or Sanu.  He is the true #2 in This offense.

As a receiver, true.  But I think Hill will mean more to the balance of this offense and its overall success in the postseason, should they be able to qualify again. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I want Eifert to be able to withstand a hit, but you can't put your guys out there like Andy was doing the other night.

The only one of those I recall was the one that Eifert dropped. What other ones were there?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: The only one of those I recall was the one that Eifert dropped. What other ones were there?

I remember a couple balls being a little high, nothing extreme, but it was noticeable but like I said I'm pretty confident that it'll be worked out. Just something that came to mind, there may have only been 3-4 plays total, I'm not saying it happened on every throw or anything.

Off the top of my head, the one Eifert dropped was high, the INT over the middle of the field was high, and the INT where A.J. took his take on beach volleyball was a little high if I'm remembering the play correctly. Not excusing A.J., that was 110% on him, but I do believe Andy sailed it a bit.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:53 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I remember a couple balls being a little high, nothing extreme, but it was noticeable but like I said I'm pretty confident that it'll be worked out. Just something that came to mind, there may have only been 3-4 plays total, I'm not saying it happened on every throw or anything.

Off the top of my head, the one Eifert dropped was high, the INT over the middle of the field was high, and the INT where A.J. took his take on beach volleyball was a little high if I'm remembering the play correctly. Not excusing A.J., that was 110% on him, but I do believe Andy sailed it a bit.

I'm not talking about high balls, because, yeah, there were. Heck, even the one dump off pass to Gio was too high. I'm talking about passes where he hung the receiver out to dry (meaning, the dude was liable to get his block knocked off). The one to Eifert was one, thoughit was pretty much on target and would've resluted in a TD or the ball at the goalline. I don't remember any others. I'm not saying there weren't; only that I don't remember and I was hoping you would and could list them so those who would be so inclined can't claim it happened more than it actually did.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 09:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not talking about high balls, because, yeah, there were. Heck, even the one dump off pass to Gio was too high. I'm talking about passes where he hung the receiver out to dry (meaning, the dude was liable to get his block knocked off). The one to Eifert was one, thoughit was pretty much on target and would've resluted in a TD or the ball at the goalline. I don't remember any others. I'm not saying there weren't; only that I don't remember and I was hoping you would and could list them so those who would be so inclined can't claim it happened more than it actually did.

Oh I was just talking about high balls in general. In theory, those are usually the kinds of passes that can get a receiver blown up. Whether there was a defender in position to kill the guy or not, Andy consistently throwing high is a concern for the fact that in the future there COULD be a guy there ready to punish them.

I'm not too worried about it unless it becomes consistent in more than just 1 random preseason game, but that was probably the most eye opening, negative thing about Andy's play from the other night.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 09:57 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Oh I was just talking about high balls in general. In theory, those are usually the kinds of passes that can get a receiver blown up. Whether there was a defender in position to kill the guy or not, Andy consistently throwing high is a concern for the fact that in the future there COULD be a guy there ready to punish them.

I'm not too worried about it unless it becomes consistent in more than just 1 random preseason game, but that was probably the most eye opening, negative thing about Andy's play from the other night.

Gotcha.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
You have to look at things a couple of ways:

1. IF, and that's a huge IF, everyone is healthy, then the WRs and TEs have shown some incredible potential. AJ is AJ, Marvin had a great stretch and Sanu has shown that he can be nice #3 or #4 option. Toss in a great (when he's healthy) receiving TE in Eifert and you have a tough group to beat. Alford, Kroft and Burkhead make the pass catchers a pretty solid group.

2. With all the injuries, this team still made the playoffs. They could be pretty good if everyone keeps healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 09:57 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Regardless of whether we are 2nd or 5th, the bottom line is that we're good. No excuses for Dalton.

Agreed. Wait, is this a Dalton thread? I guess it is now that you're here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote