Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ESPN Predicts Ventell Bryant to make the 53
Was looking over the ESPN roster projection (Can find it here: bengals-53-man-roster-projection ) and was trying to figure out who in the hell Ventell Bryant is and why they think he makes the 53 as the final WR?? I really don't recall reading anything about him in camp or seeing much from him in Pre-season. Is this another ESPN just totally missing the point or has this guy shown something that no one is talking about?

WIDE RECEIVER (7): A.J. Green, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Damion Willis, Auden Tate, Alex Erickson, Ventell Bryant

Green will start the season on the shelf while he recovers from an ankle injury. Willis, the undrafted free agent, will be his replacement for the season opener, according to coach Zac Taylor. Willis went from a bubble player to securing a spot before the preseason finale. Tate, a seventh-round pick in 2018, had a productive preseason with eight catches for 68 yards and a touchdown.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Probably some guy in an office at ESPN who watched A preseason game, saw him make a catch and makes a decision based on that alone. He might make the PS or even the 53 if someone goes down.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 06:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was looking over the ESPN roster projection (Can find it here: bengals-53-man-roster-projection ) and was trying to figure out who in the hell Ventell Bryant is and why they think he makes the 53 as the final WR?? I really don't recall reading anything about him in camp or seeing much from him in Pre-season. Is this another ESPN just totally missing the point or has this guy shown something that no one is talking about?

WIDE RECEIVER (7): A.J. Green, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Damion Willis, Auden Tate, Alex Erickson, Ventell Bryant

Green will start the season on the shelf while he recovers from an ankle injury. Willis, the undrafted free agent, will be his replacement for the season opener, according to coach Zac Taylor. Willis went from a bubble player to securing a spot before the preseason finale. Tate, a seventh-round pick in 2018, had a productive preseason with eight catches for 68 yards and a touchdown.

Saw that today.

I say if they keep 7, Malone over Bryant but tomorrow night may yield the winner
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
3GP - 5 Tgts - 5rec - 71yds - 14.2 avg - 23.7 yds/g - Lng 34 - 9 yac - o TDs.

Hmmm... nothing to see there except he don't drop shit. Wait, he dont drop shit. ThumbsUp

Doubt he makes the 53 and ESPN is reaching because the Bengals really weren't that important for them to follow, so they have no clue.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 06:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: Probably some guy in an office at ESPN who watched A preseason game, saw him make a catch and makes a decision based on that alone. He might make the PS or even the 53 if someone goes down.. 

Was what I was guessing when I saw it but I thought maybe.....just maybe ESPN saw something that I had totally missed out on.

(08-28-2019, 07:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Saw that today.

I say if they keep 7, Malone over Bryant but tomorrow night may yield the winner

Have to think Core and Malone are fighting for that last spot at WR right now but tomorrow will tell I suppose. Maybe even Morgan steps up and takes the 7th spot.

(08-28-2019, 07:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 3GP - 5 Tgts - 5rec - 71yds - 14.2 avg - 23.7 yds/g - Lng 34 - 9 yac - o TDs.

Hmmm... nothing to see there except he don't drop shit. Wait, he dont drop shit. ThumbsUp

Doubt he makes the 53 and ESPN is reaching because the Bengals really weren't that important for them to follow, so they have no clue.

[Image: 8827da37c9683af303a590350ae515be.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 07:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was what I was guessing when I saw it but I thought maybe.....just maybe ESPN saw something that I had totally missed out on.

Have to think Core and Malone are fighting for that last spot at WR right now but tomorrow will tell I suppose. Maybe even Morgan steps up and takes the 7th spot.

I hate it when you post that gif. I just shot the cat! 

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 07:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 3GP - 5 Tgts - 5rec - 71yds - 14.2 avg - 23.7 yds/g - Lng 34 - 9 yac - o TDs.

Agree on the ESPN part, but at this point I'm more intrigued by Bryant than I am by Butterfingers Malone. Not saying that Bryant makes it, but there are 3 or 4 guys in competition for 1 or 2 spots. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Doubt Bryant makes it over Malone, highly doubt it.

Morgan is better than Bryant too, but as Harley noted he don't drop shit lol

Think this just shows how good our WR coach really is.

Bicknell has done well with his guys and Taylor also is great with young Wideouts.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 07:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was what I was guessing when I saw it but I thought maybe.....just maybe ESPN saw something that I had totally missed out on.

Agree on Core and Malone

But Morgan is hurt so could not win a job, he is PS material and teams barely saw him so safely on PS n my opinion
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think the last 1 or 2 spots are still up in the air no one has made theirselves stand out in the preseason games.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think Malone and Core make it over Tate and Bryant. Tate might make it if they go with 3 TEs as the backup to Eifert who is basically a WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 06:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was looking over the ESPN roster projection (Can find it here: bengals-53-man-roster-projection ) and was trying to figure out who in the hell Ventell Bryant is and why they think he makes the 53 as the final WR?? I really don't recall reading anything about him in camp or seeing much from him in Pre-season. Is this another ESPN just totally missing the point or has this guy shown something that no one is talking about?

I asked Ben about that prediction this morning saying it was a bit of a reach to pick him over Core or Malone considering Bryant only has caught 5 passes so far and hasn't appeared in the 1st half of pre season games.  His response  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wouldn't that just be the Anti to everything ever Marvin, if not one, but two UDFA WRs not only made the roster, but also made a significant impact?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 08:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think Malone and Core make it over Tate and Bryant. Tate might make it if they go with 3 TEs as the backup to Eifert who is basically a WR.

You think Tate's out? I'd almost consider him a lock at this point.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 07:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hate it when you post that gif. I just shot the cat! 

I apologize to your cat  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 07:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Agree on Core and Malone

But Morgan is hurt so could not win a job, he is PS material and teams barely saw him so safely on PS n my opinion

Wasn't sure if Morgan was back yet and going to get a look Thursday or not, but if he is still down then he is certainly headed to the PS.

(08-28-2019, 08:45 PM)pally Wrote: I asked Ben about that prediction this morning saying it was a bit of a reach to pick him over Core or Malone considering Bryant only has caught 5 passes so far and hasn't appeared in the 1st half of pre season games.  His response  

That's awesome that he replied and kind of an interesting statement about the coach talking up another UDFA.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 08:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think Malone and Core make it over Tate and Bryant. Tate might make it if they go with 3 TEs as the backup to Eifert who is basically a WR.

Malone and Tate make it is what I think.

(08-28-2019, 08:45 PM)pally Wrote: I asked Ben about that prediction this morning saying it was a bit of a reach to pick him over Core or Malone considering Bryant only has caught 5 passes so far and hasn't appeared in the 1st half of pre season games.  His response  

Cool, Bicknell probably likes Bryant and Morgan for the PS if anything.

Morgan might of pushed Malone if he stayed healthy.

(08-28-2019, 09:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wasn't sure if Morgan was back yet and going to get a look Thursday or not, but if he is still down then he is certainly headed to the PS.

That's awesome that he replied and kind of an interesting statement about the coach talking up another UDFA.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
I'm anti-8 OL only, gotta have 9. I dont care if you want to wait a week to not guarantee a vet, you have to fight that impulse and pay the best OT that someone cuts.

That may mean you go in with 6 WR, 5 active anyway and know that someone will make the PS. I'd also be fine with best LB available and keep only one of Nickerson and Davis. If you can't justify anyone else backing up MLB and must keep MLB, then I risk Davis getting picked up if it means a LB with upside.
Reply/Quote

Tate is on the 53. Write it in ink. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 09:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I apologize to your cat  Hilarious

I'm a DOG!

Reply/Quote