Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Ranks Bengals #6 in Top Arsenals
(07-28-2017, 10:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree. Why do athletes and celebrities have to be "role models"? Whatever happened to just being taught what to do and what not to do by your parents or figuring it out yourself?
Anyway, character concerns should only be factored into these arsenal rankings if they impact play on the field (e.g. likelihood of getting suspended, causing personal foul penalties, etc).

Got that right.  I don't need the Bengals to instill morals in our society through their football team.  The only roll models I need for my kids is myself and my wife.  If my kids screw up it's a direct reflection on my parenting, not what some professional sports athlete has done - that's a cop out.

These hypocrites need to give this kid (Mixon) a break.  Everybody does something in their life that they're not proud of.  But everybody also deserves the opportunity to make it right and to be able to earn a living.

These talking heads are nothing more than hypocritical fools.  Most have skeletons in the closet, we just don't know about them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's a new article from ESPN showing us some love.

Quote:Another set of talents sapped by injury a year ago, the Bengals got to see Tyler Eifert and A.J. Green line up together for only three full games in 2016. They averaged 26 points in those three games and 19 points per contest during the other 13. Giovani Bernard also tore his ACL, and Jeremy Hill suffered a late-season knee injury. By the end of the season, Andy Dalton was throwing the ball to Brandon LaFell and Cody Core.

The Bengals never spend money in free agency, but they've drafted reinforcements. After re-signing LaFell, Cincy used its first-round pick on Washington speedster John Ross before taking disgraced Oklahoma back Joe Mixon in the second round. Last year's second-round pick Tyler Boyd should also be better, leaving the Bengals with four viable starting wideouts, three useful running backs and a star tight end in a contract year. If Ross (who has missed the entire offseason after undergoing shoulder surgery) and Mixon make an immediate impact, the Bengals could be close to unstoppable on offense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20164155/nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-running-backs-wide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: Here's a new article from ESPN showing us some love.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20164155/nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-running-backs-wide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

I agree. Ive told a lot of people the Bengals are going to be the surprise team of the year.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: Here's a new article from ESPN showing us some love.

Unstoppable would be great.  Especially since, imo, the defense will be the strength of the team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Already a thread on this very article - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-ESPN-Ranks-Bengals-6-in-Top-Arsenals
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Already a thread on this very article - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-ESPN-Ranks-Bengals-6-in-Top-Arsenals

Not to mention that thread is more accurate. They didn't rate their offense #6, just their offensive arsenal.

Offense means offensive line as well. Nobody is calling that unstoppable.. unless you mean they are incapable of stopping people. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Don't care what the pundits say.. They have their agendas, I have mine. The pundits are in cahoots to sell tickets or at least get viewers or eyeballs to their websites and want the lions share from the larger market teams so as a result they'll always favor the high market share teams. If I were in that business I would do exactly the same thing, but I'm not so my agenda is to hope that the Cincinnati Bengals become the best team in the league regardless of whether they are or not. 
These sites and writers love making silly predictions and even if they're 100% wrong nobody will ever hold them to account except for fans such as us and we don't really count in the grand scheme of millions upon millions of eyeballs reading their silly predictions. 
/end silly rant
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 10:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree. Why do athletes and celebrities have to be "role models"? Whatever happened to just being taught what to do and what not to do by your parents or figuring it out yourself?
Anyway, character concerns should only be factored into these arsenal rankings if they impact play on the field (e.g. likelihood of getting suspended, causing personal foul penalties, etc).

because kids are very impressionable?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Already a thread on this very article - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-ESPN-Ranks-Bengals-6-in-Top-Arsenals

Did not see it, my bad buddy
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 01:33 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Assuming AJ, LaFell, and Boyd are healthy, I am guessing closer to 400 yards this season. Next year though should be a different story, as a 1000 should be expected at the least.

I also see Mixon having a better year overall. Rookie rbs dont have as steep of a learning curve as wrs do.

Realistically,  since you can figure AJ for 1200-1500 yards, assuming health, of course, and LaFell with 800ish, the backs with at least that much, Boyd, Core, etc, how many yards will there to be to go around?  And this is not even mentioning the TE's.  400 sounds about right.  If it's more than that, either Ross has passed somebody on the depth chart or Andy is killing it and the offense is deadly.

The great thing about Ross is how he'll impact games even if he isn't putting up numbers.  On the other hand, he is so skilled that he might just run wild.   History says that won't happen right away.  But only time will tell.  If he can beat press coverage, look out.   With the cushion he'll get, he'll bee a walking five yard completion.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20164155/nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-running-backs-wide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

Thoughts? Too low? Too high? Just right, Goldilocks?

This is actually a pretty solid article by espn. Who knew?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:58 PM)McC Wrote: Realistically,  since you can figure AJ for 1200-1500 yards, assuming health, of course, and LaFell with 800ish, the backs with at least that much, Boyd, Core, etc, how many yards will there to be to go around?  And this is not even mentioning the TE's.  400 sounds about right.  If it's more than that, either Ross has passed somebody on the depth chart or Andy is killing it and the offense is deadly.

The great thing about Ross is how he'll impact games even if he isn't putting up numbers.  On the other hand, he is so skilled that he might just run wild.   History says that won't happen right away.  But only time will tell.  If he can beat press coverage, look out.   With the cushion he'll get, he'll bee a walking five yard completion.

I'm not sure we can assume LaFell will reach 800, at least if you're assuming AJ Green stays healthy.

AJ Green played nine full games and then went out very early in the Buffalo game.
During the nine games Green was healthy, LaFell totaled 387 yards (43 YPG). Over the span of 16 games, that's 688 yards.

Given the added weapons in Ross and Mixon plus (hopefully) Eifert for a majority of games, I think it's more realistic for LaFell to get around 600-650 yards. He might reach 700 yards, but I'd be really surprised that he reaches 800 unless injuries occur to the other weapons.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:58 PM)McC Wrote: Realistically,  since you can figure AJ for 1200-1500 yards, assuming health, of course, and LaFell with 800ish, the backs with at least that much, Boyd, Core, etc, how many yards will there to be to go around?  And this is not even mentioning the TE's.  400 sounds about right.  If it's more than that, either Ross has passed somebody on the depth chart or Andy is killing it and the offense is deadly.

I like Lafell and i think he has got some unfair criticism for his play last year cause it was his first year with the
Bengals and he even was playing with an injured hand. But if Ross is healthy i expect him to take most of the
snaps on the outside with Green and Boyd will be the Slot receiver most of the time.

Ross is like you said, skilled. We need a burner out there to open up the Offense.

We saw it last year once Green went down, the Offense stalled until Core got snaps.

Lafell is a solid route runner but he is not a burner.

(08-02-2017, 09:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure we can assume LaFell will reach 800, at least if you're assuming AJ Green stays healthy.

AJ Green played nine full games and then went out very early in the Buffalo game.
During the nine games Green was healthy, LaFell totaled 387 yards (43 YPG). Over the span of 16 games, that's 688 yards.

Given the added weapons in Ross and Mixon plus (hopefully) Eifert for a majority of games, I think it's more realistic for LaFell to get around 600-650 yards. He might reach 700 yards, but I'd be really surprised that he reaches 800 unless injuries occur to the other weapons.

I think this all depends on if Ross is healthy and how he comes around in the Offense.

If Ross comes around very slowly Lafell will have bigger numbers IMHO.

Hoping Ross is ready to go opening day.

This is nothing against Lafell.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 11:50 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Lafell and i think he has got some unfair criticism for his play last year cause it was his first year with the
Bengals and he even was playing with an injured hand. But if Ross is healthy i expect him to take most of the
snaps on the outside with Green and Boyd will be the Slot receiver most of the time.

Ross is like you said, skilled. We need a burner out there to open up the Offense.

We saw it last year once Green went down, the Offense stalled until Core got snaps.

Lafell is a solid route runner but he is not a burner.

I think this all depends on if Ross is healthy and how he comes around in the Offense.

If Ross comes around very slowly Lafell will have bigger numbers IMHO.

Hoping Ross is ready to go opening day.

This is nothing against Lafell.

It's more than just Ross though. AJ staying healthy, Eifert staying healthy, and Boyd taking targets will keep LaFell's numbers down too.
I think we're going to see AJ Green with his usual 1000+ yards and then a bunch of receivers in the 400's to 600's. There will be a pretty solid distribution.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 11:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's more than just Ross though. AJ staying healthy, Eifert staying healthy, and Boyd taking targets will keep LaFell's numbers down too.
I think we're going to see AJ Green with his usual 1000+ yards and then a bunch of receivers in the 400's to 600's. There will be a pretty solid distribution.

All true, depends on a lot of things but Lafell and Ross are competing for the same spot pretty much.

I agree, the ball should be spread around like crazy this year.

Defenses should have their plates full trying to deal with all these guys.

Just need to keep Andy upright.

BTW, just saw Millhouses pics from camp. Mixon looks like he is just as tall as Andy, crazy big back with speed and hands.

Expecting big things from this guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 09:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure we can assume LaFell will reach 800, at least if you're assuming AJ Green stays healthy.

Okay.  Makes sense.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 12:45 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Makes sense.

Yeah. Ocho does.
Reply/Quote