Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Showcases Bengals Tweets After Steelers Loss
(01-18-2016, 01:22 AM)Clep Wrote: They've tried this many times in the past. And it may have worked. But this, right now, feels like the worst perception the Bengals have ever had. 

Not even close.  The perception when they were leading the league in arrests back in '05 or so was much worse. We haven't had an arrest in almost two years (knock on wood).   The Steelers have had three since then.

People across the country don't know many Bengals fans but they all have towel twirling Steeler cry-baby friends.  So when SteelerVision announcing crew approach the whole game like everyone on the Bengals team is an out of control thug and calls it like the game was all fair and square and above board it's easy for people to buy that narrative.

My hope is that these guys can grow from this.  They need to realize that their play now has the Steelers intimidated.  They don't need all this playground talk BS.  Let their play do the talking from now on.
Reply/Quote
That's what happens when a team that's not completely overrated as **** has talent. The media labels them as "classless thugs" and makes them look the bad guy when the things they did on that field last week was nothing nearly as bad as the stuff Shittsburg has gotten away with in the past. I can't wait for the year we finally make it to the Super Bowl and everyone is in awe when "classless thugs" are at the top of the NFL. **** the NFL,**** ESPN,**** the media assclowns who love to do nothing more than suck the dicks of Tom Brady and the other "golden boys" of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
[Image: clapping_joker_batman_dark_knight.gif]

finally....were not the cupcakes.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:21 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: finally....were not the cupcakes.

Ok, phase 2...win something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, phase 2...win something.

we win the regular season!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Reply/Quote
This doesn't really have anything to do with this thread, but I knew the Steelers were going to fold after that fumble, and they did.

I sort of wanted to see a Steelers-Cardinals super bowl with Carson leading a blowout, but I like watching the Steelers lose, too.
Reply/Quote
Steeler scumbags can suck it....
Reply/Quote
I like the reputation. Steelers have awaken a sleeping giant that will be their demise for several years to come. Steelers and their pole licking fans are worthless and can suck the queens ****.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:17 AM)Clep Wrote: Further adding fuel to the fire, ESPN, the NFL, and bleacher report all immediately posted a montage of all the Bengals who tweeted after the Steelers game.

https://www.facebook.com/ESPN/posts/1165445753502179

Nearly ALL of the comments on Twitter and Facebook are people BASHING not only the Bengals, but the city of Cincinnati. Words such as trash, thugs, disgrace, etc being used to describe the Bengals and Cincinnati AND the fans.

I'm 23 years old and I have been a fan as long as I can remember. I have never seen hatred for a team like I see for the Bengals right now. And the worst part about it, I think it's completely undeserved. I almost feel like Cincinnati is Stephen from Making a Murderer and Roger Goodell is the police department. It's unfair and just annoying how the media is trying to make Cincinnati out to be this awful place with dirty players.

Thoughts? Personally, I don't think the tweets are a big deal at all but of course people are gonna react and say they are classless and thugs for it.

Am I the only one who finds the word "thugs" to describe football players to be extremely racist?

They're not shooting up a Gas station or diner. They just hit the opponent's players (arguably) harder than they should.

There are no criminals on Cincinnati's team. The player being called a thug most often (Burfict) has never even been arrested, let alone do anything that would warrant the title of "thug."

It's amazing how ingrained into our culture racism is that people can feel comfortable calling a black person a thug just because you don't like the way they play a game.
Reply/Quote
23 years old, you have not felt pain...lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:35 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 23 years old, you have not felt pain...lol.

Can't argue with this lol. I'm very glad I was too young to follow the team closely in the 90s
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 08:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Am I the only one who finds the word "thugs" to describe football players to be extremely racist?

They're not shooting up a Gas station or diner. They just hit the opponent's players (arguably) harder than they should.

There are no criminals on Cincinnati's team. The player being called a thug most often (Burfict) has never even been arrested, let alone do anything that would warrant the title of "thug."

It's amazing how ingrained into our culture racism is that people can feel comfortable calling a black person a thug just because you don't like the way they play a game.

No you are not!! I think this is what hurts me the most as a fan. The word "thug" is used way too much and it makes me want to pull the hair out of my head. 

The reason why I think this feels worse than 2005 is because in 2005, we arguably deserved the criticism because we actually did lead the league in arrests. This year, I think we have a fairly classy team and we are being called classless and dirty, which irks me beyond belief. 
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:17 AM)Clep Wrote: Further adding fuel to the fire, ESPN, the NFL, and bleacher report all immediately posted a montage of all the Bengals who tweeted after the Steelers game.

https://www.facebook.com/ESPN/posts/1165445753502179

Nearly ALL of the comments on Twitter and Facebook are people BASHING not only the Bengals, but the city of Cincinnati. Words such as trash, thugs, disgrace, etc being used to describe the Bengals and Cincinnati AND the fans.

I'm 23 years old and I have been a fan as long as I can remember. I have never seen hatred for a team like I see for the Bengals right now. And the worst part about it, I think it's completely undeserved. I almost feel like Cincinnati is Stephen from Making a Murderer and Roger Goodell is the police department. It's unfair and just annoying how the media is trying to make Cincinnati out to be this awful place with dirty players.

Thoughts? Personally, I don't think the tweets are a big deal at all but of course people are gonna react and say they are classless and thugs for it.

I feel stupid, but could someone explain to me what Jeremy Hill's emoji's mean?  A frog and cup of coffee?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:32 AM)samhain Wrote: The rivalry was nasty enough before last Saturday.  The hit on Gio/no call pushed it over the edge.  

I was at the game and I've never seen anything like it in my life.  Never seen that many people with that much focused rage at the same time.  It honestly could have been a lot worse.  Mob mentality is infectious and it certainly didn't dissipate.  It intensified, if anything.  

I don;t understand the league's stance on the hit.  Maybe it was legal, maybe not.  With all of the controversy surrounding head injuries and helmet-to-helmet hits, I think fans are conditioned to believe that the league banned them in any and all cases.  That was certainly my understanding.  Either way, that was the turning point.  If that play gets flagged, then I don't think it gets anywhere near the level it's on now.  

The league needs to be really careful with this shit.  They want to promote the hatred and rivalry, but it's getting to the point where it's not a joke.  Not only are the players at a greater risk when they're out there trying to maim each other, the fans are as well.  

It was massively irresponsible of them to schedule that game late Saturday.  Too much time to drink and nobody going to work the next day.  People were over served before they entered the building.  Just bad planning.  

If the animosity continues, people will get hurt, guaranteed.  There were lots of kids there, and it would be awful to see something happen to a young person in that environment.  Entirely possible though.  

The media league needs to stop pushing this narrative and find some way to cool it down before it gets worse.  It's NOT a friendly rivalry.  Hell if it gets much worse it'll be crips and bloods every time they play.

The media will not stop pushing this narrative.  In fact, they'll over-boil it to make it worse.  This is made for TV stuff and they love it.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:47 AM)tigerseye Wrote: That was an illegal hit and they know it. They are trying to talk their way around it.

Burfict would have been called on that hit 100% of the time.

Would he not?

And everybody knows it.

Absolutely.  If they admit it was illegal and fine Shazier it shows the ref's completely blew it  And Shazier would have been fined had there been a flag thrown.  Dean Blandino and his cronies should be ashamed of themselves for trying to explain that hit was within the rules.  They know better but don't want to admit it to save face.  It's pathetic.
Reply/Quote
Video 
(01-18-2016, 10:03 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I feel stupid, but could someone explain to me what Jeremy Hill's emoji's mean?  A frog and cup of coffee?

the frog and coffee emoji corresponds to a meme. The frog is kermit the frog and he's drinking tea and the caption's something like "but that's none of my business"

I really don't think ANY of the Bengals players Tweets were bad.....just short, sweet and to the point.

http://2qeyae30zrn91lya8t3kudic.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/giphy-64.gif
Reply/Quote
Oh, the Kermit meme! Thank you!

I'm stunned this isn't the top story on PFT this morning. Florio loves to beat his drum against the Bengals... It is a morning one liner, but I thought for sure there'd be a story about the tweets, Mike Brown being cheap, Burfict needing a lifetime ban, and a resurrection of the criminal narrative.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers and Florio are all up in arms over the refs. Ha. Imagine that...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/peyton-isnt-proud-of-his-self-sack-pass/

Tomlin breaking down after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/steelers-struggle-and-loss-leaves-mike-tomlin-in-tears/#comments

After a good night of sleep, players should wake up still amused.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:17 AM)Clep Wrote: I'm 23 years old and I have been a fan as long as I can remember. I have never seen hatred for a team like I see for the Bengals right now. And the worst part about it, I think it's completely undeserved. I almost feel like Cincinnati is Stephen from Making a Murderer and Roger Goodell is the police department. It's unfair and just annoying how the media is trying to make Cincinnati out to be this awful place with dirty players.

I get what you are saying but that is a horrible comparison. Stephen, from making a murderer, is guilty as sin. Don't be "that guy" who watches a tv show that shows There's a reason numerous courts have upheld his murder conviction. Yeah, he evidently got screwed on the rape charge, and prison likely made him what he is, but he is by no means innocent of the murder.....
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Steelers and Florio are all up in arms over the refs. Ha. Imagine that...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/peyton-isnt-proud-of-his-self-sack-pass/

Tomlin breaking down after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/steelers-struggle-and-loss-leaves-mike-tomlin-in-tears/#comments

After a good night of sleep, players should wake up still amused.

Steelers Cry crying about the refs is hilarious but not near as funny as Tomlin in tears. Dancing
Reply/Quote