Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Showcases Bengals Tweets After Steelers Loss
The NFL and media will keep it up and watch, someday soon probably some nutcase will take it upon themselves to decide they need to take out certain players off the field and we'll see a murder or so and then the narrative will have to switch, but of course it'll be blamed on the wrong people.
DRUGS! Blame drugs!
LITTLE GIRLS! Blame little girls!
OBAMA! THANKS OBAMA!
Anyone other than the real culprits..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While celebrating the Broncos win with friends last night, this came up. All of us came to the conclusion that the stealer scenario is like having the loudmouth on the play ground. He taunts and taunts, until he gets busted up by another person tired of hearing him, and then goes to the teacher to cry that his classmates are man to him.

Stealers like to fake injury (yeah, Ben milked that whole sympathy thing...until Denver caught his fake act, too). They like to play the victim. Bengals, Ravens and Broncos didn't fall for it, though.

I read an article this a.m. that stated outside of Pittsburgh, the stealers franchise has turned into one of the most hated in all of sports.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:51 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: While celebrating the Broncos win with friends last night, this came up.  All of us came to the conclusion that the stealer scenario is like having the loudmouth on the play ground.  He taunts and taunts, until he gets busted up by another person tired of hearing him, and then goes to the teacher to cry that his classmates are man to him.

Stealers like to fake injury (yeah, Ben milked that whole sympathy thing...until Denver caught his fake act, too).  They like to play the victim.  Bengals, Ravens and Broncos didn't fall for it, though.

I read an article this a.m. that stated outside of Pittsburgh, the stealers franchise has turned into one of the most hated in all of sports.
I used to have a modicum of respect for the Steelers.  They were not whiners, they played on the edge - and sometimes over - but I admired their mental toughness.

Not any more.  They're flat out dirty and they whine like girls.   The only team I just flat out despise.  The only real failure of the Bengals in that game was to lose our composure.   I know that Marvin dealt with this.   I just hope they can learn to be smart in the future.  How you teach that I don't know - except to identify being manipulated into a penalty as being mentally weak - which it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:08 PM)3wt Wrote: I used to have a modicum of respect for the Steelers.  They were not whiners, they played on the edge - and sometimes over - but I admired their mental toughness.

Not any more.  They're flat out dirty and they whine like girls.   The only team I just flat out despise.  The only real failure of the Bengals in that game was to lose our composure.   I know that Marvin dealt with this.   I just hope they can learn to be smart in the future.  How you teach that I don't know - except to identify being manipulated into a penalty as being mentally weak - which it is.

Would be difficult.....but I wish our players would just Grin and continue to play.  Grinning would get under the skin of the squeelers SOOOO bad that they would do more and more trying to get a rise out of them...... until FINALLY ....Maybe......they would get flagged.    I know this would be difficult out on the field....because sitting at home, I wanted to punch some of them in the face......has to be 10x harder up close and personal!
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:20 PM)JungleGal50 Wrote: Would be difficult.....but I wish our players would just Grin and continue to play.  Grinning would get under the skin of the squeelers SOOOO bad that they would do more and more trying to get a rise out of them...... until FINALLY ....Maybe......they would get flagged.    I know this would be difficult out on the field....because sitting at home, I wanted to punch some of them in the face......has to be 10x harder up close and personal!

Yes we have to stop retaliating.  The Steelers have the media in their pocket and it only hurts us when we retaliate.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:27 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: The only one that bothers me is Kirkpatricks. Not sure what that picture is all about.

It's a Harbaugh wet dream.

[Image: CY9pQz_UAAIE4l0.jpg][Image: B9317634462Z.1_20150606153443_000_GO1B0JHDF.1-0.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When one of the Shittsburgh clowns threaten to shoot Burfict after the first game, did the media cover that and/or make a big deal of it?

I love watching the supposed hard-nosed Shittsburgh team and their fans cry like little bitches over everything.
Reply/Quote
Not going to lie, I LOVE the fact that our players seem to despise the Steelers as well now.

If we can take this hate onto the field in a constructive way (keep point right there), then the tide will turn.
Reply/Quote
The stealer franchise can count another team who despises their antics....Hue can take that with him the Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:34 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: The stealer franchise can count another team who despises their antics....Hue can take that with him the Cleveland.

I sure as heck hope he doesn't turn Cleveland into a good team, as the AFC North will be a nightmare division for every team, but I sure as heck hope he turns them into something other than Pittsburgh's doormat. It's a bye week for the Steelers when they play Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
Screw them All and ESPECIALLY screw the Pittsburgh Squalers. Pittsburgh has been playing dirty, thuggery football for YEARS! Let's see....Palmer, Rivers, Eifert, Bernard.....some of the players Pittsburgh has intentionally tried to hurt over the years, yet no one says anything about that. Then you have aploy orchestrated by Tomlin to have Porter come onto the field to entice Cincinnati players...which says a-lot about how low Pittsburgh will go to win a game they can't win on the field. by just playing the game. Screw every last one of them. I'm glad Burfect drove Jen into the ground. I'm glad Burfect took Brown's head off (although I still don't think it was intentional) I'm glad Bell has been sidelines most of his career courtesy of the Bengals. I'm glad Denver sent the crybabies home from the playoffs. If any team deserved their fate it is them.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I get what you are saying but that is a horrible comparison. Stephen, from making a murderer, is guilty as sin. Don't be "that guy" who watches a tv show that shows There's a reason numerous courts have upheld his murder conviction. Yeah, he evidently got screwed on the rape charge, and prison likely made him what he is, but he is by no means innocent of the murder.....

I wouldn't call it a horrible comparison. I never said he was innocent or guilty, I just said it feels like what Stephen is supposedly feeling - framed by the government (NFL), and the framing is supported by the media (NFL, Bleacher report, ESPN, etc), which in turn makes the public believe he is guilty (the bengals are dirty) when they really aren't (supposedly). Don't hijack my thread and make it political lol you get what I meant by that.  
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:20 PM)JungleGal50 Wrote: Would be difficult.....but I wish our players would just Grin and continue to play.  Grinning would get under the skin of the squeelers SOOOO bad that they would do more and more trying to get a rise out of them...... until FINALLY ....Maybe......they would get flagged.    I know this would be difficult out on the field....because sitting at home, I wanted to punch some of them in the face......has to be 10x harder up close and personal!
No, not at all.  We tried that strategy for years and all that happened was we got beat down physically and mentally. We just have to pick our spots with the rough stuff and keep the composure at the end of the game, but that is it. I don't care if we lose every game to those pieces of shit, but you cannot back down.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Steelers and Florio are all up in arms over the refs. Ha. Imagine that...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/peyton-isnt-proud-of-his-self-sack-pass/

Tomlin breaking down after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/18/steelers-struggle-and-loss-leaves-mike-tomlin-in-tears/#comments

After a good night of sleep, players should wake up still amused.

Reading those comments on how proud they were a grown man cried in front of them..... No wonder they are scared of Burfict. A whole team of pusskies.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:10 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Not going to lie, I LOVE the fact that our players seem to despise the Steelers as well now.

If we can take this hate onto the field in a constructive way (keep point right there), then the tide will turn.

In a professional sporting landcape where players pose for selfies together and swap jerseys after the game, it's kinda nice to see actual hate on display. Real, true hate. Usually it's 'let's all joke and laugh during the game, then kneel and pray together after the game, 'cause we're all in the same union and after all, and this is just business.' Bullshit, not between these two teams. Gotta love it. Get ready for a Sunday night rematch at PBS in September. Hell, the NFL may have us play the Steelers FOUR times next season because NFL fans in every city will want to see these two teams knock heads.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Idk man I kind of feel like it's us and our team against the world and I dig it. Im planning on getting burficts jersey next so dudes know wassup
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:49 PM)geno182 Wrote: Idk man I kind of feel like it's us and our team against the world and I dig it. Im planning on getting burficts jersey next so dudes know wassup

I am getting one too. Never been a jersey type fan but you are right about us and the team vs the world. I love it !!!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna wear my Burfict jersey even in the off-season. The BRIGHT ORANGE jersey! Fk-yaz-all! F.U. NFL! And F.U. to the refs!

Game in, game out, Steelers get away shit and that is how the win. You saw clean play against the Broncos and they sucked a big fat one. It just shows what type of team the Steelers really are when they don't have the backing of the refs.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote