Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Stephen Smith on Bengals Coaching Search
(01-07-2019, 06:36 PM)XsandOs Wrote: He is an idiot who makes a living by making exaggerated comments, irrespective of justification and devoid of verifiable facts.

These TV shock jocks cause enough agitation to get a response from fan base, to justify their miserable existence.

They are sycophantic parasites who play on fan emotions.

But it is amazing how some fans will suck up to one of these garbage spewers as soon as he says something they agree with.

If Abu al-Baghdadi said something critical of Marvin Lewis some people here would be praising his sound judgement.
Reply/Quote
Could really care less about what this douche nozzle says, but I find it interesting that the only national play the Bengals receive is because of the ineptitude of their coaching staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stephen Smith is what's known in the U.K. as a bit of a plonker.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 06:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ask Sam Wyche about Mike wanting things "his way"

I was too little and pre-internet when Wyche was around, can you elaborate on the nitty-gritty of this?All I know is it wasn't pretty.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But it is amazing how some fans will suck up to one of these garbage spewers as soon as he says something they agree with.

If Abu al-Baghdadi said something critical of Marvin Lewis some people here would be praising his sound judgement.

Right now that garbage spewer is saying the right things for Bengals fans. He helped get rid of Marv with his weekly national rant. Now he's shaming Mike Brown into not going for the cheapest HC hire.

Reply/Quote
You lost me at Stephen A Smith....

He's a self-ego masturbating tool.  One only gets dumber from listening to him.

Just because I agree with someone doesn't make them smart.....
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 01:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: ............ He helped get rid of Marv with his weekly national rant. .........

You are an absolute fool if you believe anything these media tools say affects Mike Brown.

Seriously.....I bet you believe pro wrestling is real too.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 12:47 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I was too little and pre-internet when Wyche was around, can you elaborate on the nitty-gritty of this?All I know is it wasn't pretty.

The Bengals had a good thing going late 80's, 1990. Paul died in 91 and Mikey took over. They had the post season meeting soon after and Sam walked in, I'm speculating now. 

Mike says "sit down and shut up Sam I'm running shit from here on". Sam was like "ya but", Mike cut him off "there aren't any ya buts, this this and this are gonna happen and if you don't like it you're fired" Sam says "I'm fired ?" Mike says "fired, I'm the HMFIC around here"

Sam says "you can't fire me because I quit !"

They fought for sometime afterwards on whether he quit or was fired ?

But anyways the dark ages started from there. Dave Shula was soon brought in, Boomer said I'm outta here and the walls came tumbling down.

All because Mike Brown had to have control of everything and run it all his way.
Reply/Quote
I too share the sentiments about Smith being an overinflated D-bag.

Mike usually sticks with comfort.

So if they say he'd lean towards a lazy hire I'd agree.

But who knows how much he's involved in the current search?

To say he's cheap with hiring a HC is just not true.

He pays his coach as much as any other franchise in the league.

Now if he's concluding this from size of scouting staff and lacking a team owned inside practice facility... I might understand.

It's just the same crap from the media, he just has the loudest mouth.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: You are an absolute fool if you believe anything these media tools say affects Mike Brown.

Wow!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, that's why I said in the past.  They're still stupid though.  When you've kept a guy around for 16 years without a playoff win, and you have a past like Son of Paul's, folks are gonna assume it's because it was a cheap option.

It wasn't misconstrued, Mike fired Sam, then backpedaled and said he quit so he wouldn't have to pay the rest of his salary.  Best I remember, it was finally settled out of court.

Wow.  Just wow.   Worse than I imagined.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 04:58 PM)3wt Wrote: Wow.  Just wow.   Worse than I imagined.

Yeah, they weren't on speaking terms for a VERY long time.  From what I recall, it had to do with personnel decisions, etc.  I believe the conversation got heated, and cooler heads didn't prevail.  Wyche was owed money, so Mike told everyone he quit, including Sam.  

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/6/5/4396780/the-firing-of-sam-wyche-and-bengals-news-and-notes

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/25/sports/football-bengals-wyche-part-company.html

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 05:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, they weren't on speaking terms for a VERY long time.  From what I recall, it had to do with personnel decisions, etc.  I believe the conversation got heated, and cooler heads didn't prevail.  Wyche was owed money, so Mike told everyone he quit, including Sam.  

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/6/5/4396780/the-firing-of-sam-wyche-and-bengals-news-and-notes

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/25/sports/football-bengals-wyche-part-company.html

Yeah, Mike Brown was a clusterf-- from day one.

Reply/Quote
When asked today on First Take about the Bengals head coach search, Stephen A Smith replied

“Plim-plizzle, my nizzle, don' foget bouts tha six-fo, chuch, dawg up in Cincy, chilly my grilly. fo sho”
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: All because Mike Brown had to have control of everything and run it all his way.

Not to defend Brown, but I wonder how many people on this board, given the chance to own an NFL team, would want to run it their way.....
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 12:22 PM)dnkw Wrote: Stephen Smith is what's known in the U.K. as a bit of a plonker.

Funny, in the states he’s what’s known as a wanker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Could really care less about what this douche nozzle says, but I find it interesting that the only national play the Bengals receive is because of the ineptitude of their coaching staff.

The media hasn't exactly ever helped us become a attractive place to play even when we were going to the PO's every year. We never even got the current Browns love.

What is sad about that is the guy that built this team from the ground up was a football genius and was starting to make real strides towards championships before he sadly passed away.

At least the GOAT Bill Belichick recognizes and respects Paul Brown to the fullest.

Anyway, even though i agreed with a lot of what Smith was saying through gritted teeth (because i hate the guy(, -Marvin is gone now so I expect his commentary on the Bengals to do the same. It will be interesting to see if we turn the corner whether or not he will match his previous venom with newfound praise.

Ha i just laughed a little

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: You are an absolute fool if you believe anything these media tools say affects Mike Brown.

Stephen A: You are a tightwad who won't spend money .                                                                                                                               Mike Brown: I am a billionaire who has southwestern Ohio by the gonads and I will continue to squeeze the hell out of them as long as I get the maximum amount of money I can possibly get. And in his best BILLY JACK voice" And there is not a damn thing you can do about it".
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to defend Brown, but I wonder how many people on this board, given the chance to own an NFL team, would want to run it their way.....

Myself, if I had the money to own a NFL team, I'd use common sense and hire professionals to run it.  Why do business owners hire people, and not just do everything themselves?  Often, they find people who don't have the capital to start their own businesses know more about operations than they do.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: Myself, if I had the money to own a NFL team, I'd use common sense and hire professionals to run it.  Why do business owners hire people, and not just do everything themselves?  Often, they find people who don't have the capital to start their own businesses know more about operations than they do.

Pretty much this.
Reply/Quote