Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Story paints a little different light on Hamlin situation
So basically the NFL ****** up and decided to stack the deck against the Bengals in order to vilify them and deflect attention off of itself. Got it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Can someone please explain to me why Buff Vs Bengals 2nd round wouldn’t be at a neutral field? If KC vs Buff is neutral field then so should this game. Bengals allowed buff to cancel the game. If they arnt taking a forfeit the least they can do is okay this game (if it happens) at a neutral site like Detroit. The fact the bengals have to play at Buff is total BS.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People are perfectly within their rights to ***** about getting screwed over by the league in the aftermath.

I did it as much as anybody...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:25 PM)Chili power Wrote: Can someone please explain to me why Buff Vs Bengals 2nd round wouldn’t be at a neutral field? If KC vs Buff is neutral field then so should this game. Bengals allowed buff to cancel the game. If they arnt taking a forfeit the least they can do is okay this game (if it happens) at a neutral site like Detroit. The fact the bengals have to play at Buff is total BS.

Many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many Bengals fans have been asking the same question.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:20 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So basically the NFL ****** up and decided to stack the deck against the Bengals in order to vilify them and deflect attention off of itself.  Got it.

I would imagine that the best scenario for the league would be to have the Bengals disappear from the playoffs so that the controversy over the league's handing of this would just disappear and not distract from future games (AFCCC, Super Bowl, and ideally for them any matchup with the Bills). I'd love to disappoint them.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many Bengals fans have been asking the same question.

If this game truly does happen and I believe it will, there is going to be some livid ass fans and rightfully so. Oh how sweet it would be to go in there and kick their ass. Still want neutral field though bc Buffalo is going to be hard to beat in Buffalo. Oh well! I’m sure Joe will welcome the challenge.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:25 PM)Chili power Wrote: Can someone please explain to me why Buff Vs Bengals 2nd round wouldn’t be at a neutral field? If KC vs Buff is neutral field then so should this game. Bengals allowed buff to cancel the game. If they arnt taking a forfeit the least they can do is okay this game (if it happens) at a neutral site like Detroit. The fact the bengals have to play at Buff is total BS.

Thats why so many fans were upset about the rule changes.  It wasnt just the coinflip and possibly not hosting a first round playoff game.  It was also the fact the Bengals would be forced to go to Buffalo in the second round if both teams win their first round matchups.  No coin flips or neutral field for that game even though the Bengals would have been the #2 seed if they had won the Monday night game or if Buffalo had forfeited.

The NFL changed the rules to benefit K.C., Buffalo and Baltimore.  The Bengals got screwed.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:28 PM)pally Wrote: McAfee can just shut up.  We aren't stupid or uncompassionate.  We can understand the decisions surrounding Damar and still be upset at the NFL for ignoring their own rules concerning seeding,  The 2 situations are emotionally separate

I wish we were forced to take a test that showed our ability to think critically. Either McAfee is a moron or he's no critical thinker! It is totally fine to be upset about an NFL ruling and your anger should not reflect on your morale standing. 

ACTUALLY, you should be so secure in your morality that you can wonder and critique the NFL at the same time you are worried about Demar...You should also be so grounded that you apply that empathy to everything and not just national, televised, feel good, things!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 04:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: I would imagine that the best scenario for the league would be to have the Bengals disappear from the playoffs so that the controversy over the league's handing of this would just disappear and not distract from future games (AFCCC, Super Bowl, and ideally for them any matchup with the Bills). I'd love to disappoint them.

The league (and many non-Bengal fans) would feel very vindicated in their comments about the Bengals and their fans being whiney if the Bengals don't win it all.  But even if the Bengals do win it all, there will be those that say "see?  Didn't matter anyway."  Anyone who thinks the league handled this correctly will probably continue thinking that.  And I'm sure plenty at the league offices are hoping the Bengals make a quick exit this weekend so they focus on the rest of the teams and brush this fully to the side.  

Which all ups the stakes of wanting the Bengals to get back to the SB and take the Lombardi from Goodell.  I can't think of a more fulfilling way to end things this year. Not only the long-awaited SB win, but done in the face of the way the NFL treated them. Icing on the cake. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:03 PM)Roland Wrote: There's a shocker.  ESPN fact checks themselves and finds themselves to be correct.  What a crock.  

Not quoting everything you wrote, but it is my thoughts as well.

ESPN asked their people what happens in the situation after an injury with this kind of stoppage. They are told 5 minutes. They roll with what the NFL usually does. It was correct, but not what they were going to do. Thing is, NFL was not running a 5 minute stopwatch. The claim that the NFL did not step in to correct them is disingenuous. Think the NFL, in this serious situation, is wondering what Joe Buck has to say about the situation? Nope. They are trying to figure out what to do. Phone calls, personnel, getting information, advice, etc. Your TV broadcast NFL isn't worried about. Just like they didn't know the game was suspended until it was announced, and when they called it, only when it was announced. The NFL wasn't thinking of talking to them. 

The heads in the NFL are full of many scumbags, who do a bunch of scummy things, but I believe they were more than likely trying to figure out what to do and not cracking a whip to get players back out there. When something bad happens, people often look for evil to be somewhere. Helps them make sense of things. Sometimes, bad things just happen.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man I hope this doesn't translate to calls on the field or bias against our organization.

What are you talking about? It's always been this way for us.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Extra motivation to go into buffalo and get the win.

Ravens will be tough but we should be able to let karma punch them in the face as well
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:45 PM)Destro Wrote: The heads in the NFL are full of many scumbags, who do a bunch of scummy things, but I believe they were more than likely trying to figure out what to do and not cracking a whip to get players back out there. When something bad happens, people often look for evil to be somewhere. Helps them make sense of things. Sometimes, bad things just happen.

Exactly.  You can fault the NFL for poor communications in the immediate aftermath, but you could do the same thing for the Bengals.  The fans sat in the stands with no communication about the situation for a long time.  Then finally they made an announcement that the game was temporarily suspended, and then much later that it was postponed.

There were no announcements about the situation or the status of the player at all in the stadium besides that.  Fans were largely awesome in their behavior and patience entirely thanks to the obvious gravity of the situation and information gathered and shared from the radio and social media.

But we have no axe to grind and we understand that it was a dire situation that had never occurred in the modern era.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People are perfectly within their rights to ***** about getting screwed over by the league in the aftermath.

Yep. Looks like he just has to find something else to rip the Bengals for now that we have an indoor facility.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
LOL

I watched the McAfee comments . . . he was talking about Bengals fans personally giving him shit while he was more or less agreeing with them. Judging by the responses in this thread, I wouldn't doubt that some of the confused idiots are from this forum.

God forbid someone not praise every decision or reaction by Bengals fans.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:32 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

I watched the McAfee comments . . . he was talking about Bengals fans personally giving him shit while he was more or less agreeing with them. Judging by the responses in this thread, I wouldn't doubt that some of the confused idiots are from this forum.

God forbid someone not praise every decision or reaction by Bengals fans.

I'm just going off of the OP, as I stopped watching Pat awhile back.

His shtick gets tiring fast.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The thing that gets me is why Buff flew home so soon. I thought they would at least stay in town for the evening. Going to sound insensitive but they should have been forced to forfeit before leaving town. Game was still “ postponed “ at the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 10:19 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35393227/how-bills-bengals-led-way-damar-hamlin-collapsed

I think anyone that saw how the league handled the situation AFTER the game had been postponed knows it wasn't the league's idea to not return to play.  Both Cincy and Buffalo were punished for this act of humanity and it sucks.  I hope the Bengals, and if not the Bengals, the Bills can shove it up the leagues ass at the end of the year.  
Reply/Quote

Because the league ALWAYS screws the Bengals. This is no different than telling the Bengals the night before the Super Bowl they can't use the offense they used all season. Just anything to get the Bengals out of the running.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think anyone that saw how the league handled the situation AFTER the game had been postponed knows it wasn't the league's idea to not return to play.  Both Cincy and Buffalo were punished for this act of humanity and it sucks.  I hope the Bengals, and if not the Bengals, the Bills can shove it up the leagues ass at the end of the year.  

If the Bills win it all, the NFL will turn it around and make it a feel good story and take credit for being humane.
Reply/Quote