Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Story paints a little different light on Hamlin situation
(01-11-2023, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think anyone that saw how the league handled the situation AFTER the game had been postponed knows it wasn't the league's idea to not return to play.  Both Cincy and Buffalo were punished for this act of humanity and it sucks.  I hope the Bengals, and if not the Bengals, the Bills can shove it up the leagues ass at the end of the year.  

The most likely thing to happen will be that everyone will just eat it, and move on.  Why?  Because the players make fantastic money doing what they love, and the league controls the opportunity to do so.  Their only hope can be that the NFLPA will negotiate clauses into the next CBA to prevent teams (players) from getting screwed over again, in the unlikely event that something like this should ever happen again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 01:32 AM)TKUHL Wrote: The thing that gets me is why Buff flew home so soon. I thought they would at least stay in town for the evening. Going to sound insensitive but they should have been forced to forfeit before leaving town. Game was still “ postponed “ at the time.

I agree that it would have been nice for a decision to be made prior to the Bills leaving.  But I get why they didn't spend the night.  The logistics involved in that volume of visitors is complicated for a last-minute change, and given the emotional nature, having them at home that night was for the best.  Buffalo isn't far away, so the flight to return would have been easy enough to arrange.  The league just should have had an answer for everyone the next morning, which was the big miss.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:01 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I agree that it would have been nice for a decision to be made prior to the Bills leaving.  But I get why they didn't spend the night.  The logistics involved in that volume of visitors is complicated for a last-minute change, and given the emotional nature, having them at home that night was for the best.  Buffalo isn't far away, so the flight to return would have been easy enough to arrange.  The league just should have had an answer for everyone the next morning, which was the big miss.  

They would have had to spread out over numerous hotels. The teams check out prior to going to the stadium, and I would guess with players, coaches, trainers, equipment guys etc they need 150 rooms. Nobody is going to have that kind of capacity in a moments notice.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They would have had to spread out over numerous hotels. The teams check out prior to going to the stadium, and I would guess with players, coaches, trainers, equipment guys etc they need 150 rooms. Nobody is going to have that kind of capacity in a moments notice.

Exactly.  So the logistics would have sucked, not to mention what those guys had just witnessed and processing that by sitting alone in a hotel room.  It wasn't a good idea.  So I don't have any issue with the team going back to Buffalo that night. 
Reply/Quote