Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN and PFF Rank Bengals 2019 Draft Class as Worst in the NFL
(01-26-2020, 10:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: At least Williams and Pratt made sense as picks. Sample only made sense if they were going to use a different blocking scheme than what they tried. And by the time they moved to a scheme where Sample would be useful he was hurt. Finley turned out to be terrible and Jordan is raw to put it lightly. The rest were just crapshoots needing a LOT of seasoning to even play.

I agree with this.
His first round pick was good.
His third round pick was good.
I understood what he was doing when he picked up Finley, even though his noodle arm should have been a bigger con when evaluating him but...eh.
I liked the Jordan pick because he is young, physically gifted and showed improvement in the 2nd half of the season.
Then the two RBs were high risk high reward picks. Can't really fault him for those.
The others, Davis and the corner, were pretty bad but they were also super late round picks. I'm not tripping over them.

It really is just the Sample pick that has me feeling some kind of way about this draft class. If we had drafted Metcalf instead, we'd be so much better today than we are now (although, if we drafted Metcalf, we probably don't have the #1 pick :) ).
Reply/Quote