Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
ESPN's coverage of our free agent signings
(03-17-2021, 08:00 AM)Synric Wrote: Curtis Samuel looks very fast and quick on the field. My biggest issue is he takes alot of slot reps especially 2020 under Joe Brady when he was used as both a WR and RB like Tyreek Hill. With Tyler Boyd in the Offense Curtis Samuel's slot reps will be limited.

The Bengals already have a Kenny Golladay type in Tee Higgins and to a lesser extent in Auden Tate. What they need is that Z receiver that can threaten a defense vertically to keep the secondary from jumping the underneath routes like we've seen since 2016. John Brown TY Hilton. 

I know they are older but I am down with getting TY or John Brown. They will be cheaper cause of their age and fit what we need 
as you say here Synric. We need WR that can take the top off. Willing to gamble a bit with age with these two. I haven't seen either
one slow down yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know they are older but I am down with getting TY or John Brown. They will be cheaper cause of their age and fit what we need 
as you say here Synric. We need WR that can take the top off. Willing to gamble a bit with age with these two. I haven't seen either
one slow down yet.

John Brown is washed up and he just went to Las Vegas
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 03:43 PM)pulses Wrote: He's not a good center either he's about average.

Hopkins is a good pass blocker, one of the best in the NFL at Center. He just isn't a good run blocker.

(03-17-2021, 03:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know, I was just thinking about Hopkins moving back to OG yesterday.
His best pass blocking grades on PFF came when he played OG.
It was his run blocking that made fans dislike him playing RG.
So perhaps Hudson at C and shifting Hopkins would make sense, at least if they want to be primarily a passing team again.

I would take Hop at Guard all day over Jordan, but still would like to add a Gabe Jackson and a Reiff more
than just Hudson and moving Hop.

(03-17-2021, 05:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Hopkins played well at guard his second year playing filling in after Price came back (Frank Pollacks only year in Cincy). His first stint at guard was his first year playing so there was going to be some growing pains. I believe Hopkins could move to Left Guard without much of an issue.

Good points, with Pollack being here maybe Hop can become a good Guard for us.

I think Pollack is a much better OL coach than Turner.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 06:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: John Brown is washed up and he just went to Las Vegas

Okay, TY Hilton would be fine with me then.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 01:04 AM)TheFan Wrote: Both are High Schoolers so it's still kind of weird.  Ninja

That's what I'm thinking.. I'm 62 so I probably won't be dating prom queens or homecoming queens any time in the future without it being followed up in court on felony charges.. Besides the obvious I'm not to wild about the idea of my date saying things like, "EWWWW! You're old!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The hope with Awuzie and Hendrickson are that they're both ascending. Usually the Bengals are a year ahead with contracts, but I think this staff wasn't sure about either Lawson or WJ3 and let them hit free agency instead of locking them up to extensions last year.

Ultimately, we've went for guys who are more suited for zone, and if we believe that Anarumo ( or Zac, for that matter ) will be gone, it feels like we may be backing ourselves into a corner as to who we could hire as a defensive coordinator.

The good news: Free Agency has slowed down, and offensive line and WR are falling in price. I would love to swoop in on Curtis Samuel and give us someone who can open up the field, then grab some of the linemen like Trai Turner, Feiler, and maybe one or two others. A DL like Sheldon Rankins would be nice, too.

Right now I'm bummed about Lawson and Jackson, but I'm hopeful that there are still moves to be made that open the draft up for us.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 06:50 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: The hope with Awuzie and Hendrickson are that they're both ascending. Usually the Bengals are a year ahead with contracts, but I think this staff wasn't sure about either Lawson or WJ3 and let them hit free agency instead of locking them up to extensions last year.

Ultimately, we've went for guys who are more suited for zone, and if we believe that Anarumo ( or Zac, for that matter ) will be gone, it feels like we may be backing ourselves into a corner as to who we could hire as a defensive coordinator.

The good news: Free Agency has slowed down, and offensive line and WR are falling in price. I would love to swoop in on Curtis Samuel and give us someone who can open up the field, then grab some of the linemen like Trai Turner, Feiler, and maybe one or two others. A DL like Sheldon Rankins would be nice, too.

Right now I'm bummed about Lawson and Jackson, but I'm hopeful that there are still moves to be made that open the draft up for us.

Heard Feiler is off the table. Signed somewhere, forgot where. Not going to lie, thought we would of gotten an OL by now.

Rankins would be sweet though for the D. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard Feiler is off the table. Signed somewhere, forgot where. Not going to lie, thought we would of gotten an OL by now.

Rankins would be sweet though for the D. 

Just saw on Feiler. Guess I missed that one. Back to Trai Turner I suppose. Maybe take a flier on Mitchell Schwartz, Okung, Wagner, Massie or Reiff.

There's definitely guys who can raise the level of play for the line.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 05:41 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Even if they grab Sewell, I think that the biggest O-line addition in 2021 will wind up being the coach. I seriously think that Mixon goes off this year.

I don't think we will draft sewell. I truly believe we'll take Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 06:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hopkins is a good pass blocker, one of the best in the NFL at Center. He just isn't a good run blocker.

I would take Hop at Guard all day over Jordan, but still would like to add a Gabe Jackson and a Reiff more
than just Hudson and moving Hop.

Good points, with Pollack being here maybe Hop can become a good Guard for us.

I think Pollack is a much better OL coach than Turner.

Hudson turned out to be traded to the cardinals today so we can forget that. We didn't need his 13 mill cap hit for this year and the cardinals gave up a 3rd WOW
Reply/Quote