Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles
Anyone got any insight on these guys?

I’m just now realizing they blew their lead against the skins. And apparently they looked like ass against the Rams?

What’s their bright spots? Think we got a shot?
Reply/Quote
I can almost guarantee we’ll get out coached. So there’s that...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Their oline has looked bad from what I saw today and last week, and Wentz has not looked like a franchise QB.

Hopefully that can get our defense going
Reply/Quote
I can almost guarantee the eagles will have a huge offensive day. Lou Anarumo is gonna get his ass torched AGAIN.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are always the elixir for any teams woes. I don't see them going to Philadelphia and getting a win. 

The next week, expect a shootout with Jacksonville. That will be a coin toss. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Philadelphia Eagles stink at every aspect of the game. To call them awful would be a compliment...

...but they’ll win by at least two scores...
Reply/Quote
DeSean Jackson is slowing down a little as he ages, but it is also important to note that without Alshon Jeffery, who may be back in time for Cincinnati the defense has been able to double team Jackson more with Nelson Agholor now a Raider. Their best receiving threat at the moment is Dallas Goedert who is a TE which has in years past been an issue for the Bengals and of course, they still have Zach Ertz who is a great TE.

In the running game, they have had some success as Miles Sanders averaged 4.8 yards per carry against the Rams, but like week one, they got away from the running game and went into pass mode as they fell behind.

If they get a lead and can keep it, they have a running game that can gash a defense.

The two big issues for this team seem to be Wentz is getting picked off and failing to complete passes, 58% completion rating with 2 TDs to 4 INTs. And their defense has allowed a lot of yards and they seem to be having a lot of trouble getting to the QB, with only 4 sacks in 2 games.

So, on paper, this is a game there is a chance, since our weakness of protecting the QB goes up against a weaker defensive front. However, they have a running game and if the D from week 2 shows up, it will be ugly.

Gotta give the nod to the Eagles based on coaching experience and Wentz due to get out of his rut and back into the form of what he normally produces.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is a game we can win. I’m not going to predict a win because I said I wouldn’t until this team proves they can win. But, this is a game that we have a real chance of coming out on top of.

Burrow will have a good day, to be expected, it just depends on if our D can get any pressure on wentz. Hope we can!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Their oline has looked bad from what I saw today and last week, and Wentz has not looked like a franchise QB.

Hopefully that can get our defense going

So likely no pressure on Wentz on all day. Any time this line would be expected to do well they come up empty. They have also looked like dog shit to start the season.
Reply/Quote
[Image: oh-man-i-hate-the-eagles.jpg]

That's all I know....
Reply/Quote
The Eagles haven't been the same without Don Felder.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:38 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Anyone got any insight on these guys?

I’m just now realizing they blew their lead against  the skins. And apparently they looked like ass against the Rams?

What’s their bright spots? Think we got a shot?
They are traditionally good at rushing the passer, so that might continue what we've been witnessing. 

I don't think Wentz has exactly been lighting it up.  But I think he's probably been taking a beating or running for his life too.

Miles Sanders hd 95 yards rushing today.  That's all I got.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 10:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Eagles haven't been the same without Don Felder.

You must be kin to Don Felder.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: DeSean Jackson is slowing down a little as he ages, but it is also important to note that without Alshon Jeffery, who may be back in time for Cincinnati the defense has been able to double team Jackson more with Nelson Agholor now a Raider. Their best receiving threat at the moment is Dallas Goedert who is a TE which has in years past been an issue for the Bengals and of course, they still have Zach Ertz who is a great TE.

In the running game, they have had some success as Miles Sanders averaged 4.8 yards per carry against the Rams, but like week one, they got away from the running game and went into pass mode as they fell behind.

If they get a lead and can keep it, they have a running game that can gash a defense.

The two big issues for this team seem to be Wentz is getting picked off and failing to complete passes, 58% completion rating with 2 TDs to 4 INTs. And their defense has allowed a lot of yards and they seem to be having a lot of trouble getting to the QB, with only 4 sacks in 2 games.

So, on paper, this is a game there is a chance, since our weakness of protecting the QB goes up against a weaker defensive front. However, they have a running game and if the D from week 2 shows up, it will be ugly.

Gotta give the nod to the Eagles based on coaching experience and Wentz due to get out of his rut and back into the form of what he normally produces.
I think our run D will be better because the biggest issue in Cleveland was would be tacklers bouncing off those two bruisers they had running the ball.  

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 10:02 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: So likely no pressure on Wentz on all day. Any time this line would be expected to do well they come up empty. They have also looked like dog shit to start the season.

They're missing Geno badly.  It's always been a way different defense when he's out.  We have been getting no push up the middle to help the outside pass rushers get home.

Reply/Quote
I live in Philly actually. Not that I have any special insight into the team, but I do think they're beatable. They're nothing special rushing the passer... a bunch of mediocre guys but no one that wrecks anything. For that reason I think we match up well enough. In the past few years they've been terrible in the secondary... they brought in Slay for that, and he's really good, but we're deep enough at WR we should exploit some mismatches.

Right now I'm thinking it's our first win of the season, but of course you never know.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we have a snowball's chance if Geno and Daniels can get back healthy.
Reply/Quote
It's a winnable game; depends on which Bengals Defense shows up though and will the running game make it's first appearance this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 10:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Eagles haven't been the same without Don Felder.

Don Henley?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:35 PM)likwit19 Wrote: Don Henley?

Henley was never not with the Eagles. Felder was. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote