Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Early Myles Murphy Panic
(08-17-2023, 06:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Yes Myles Murphy only has a couple pass rush moves but so does Tyree Wilson who went top 10 this year. Travon Walker went #1 overall in 2022 he is a very comparable prospect to Murphy traits/technique wise. Murphy is lucky he's in a great DL room and not thrown right into the fire. If he puts in the work he has the talent to be a successful NFL edge defender.

Well said as usual Synric. MM doesn't need to be elite as a pass rusher right off the bat as we have Trey Hendrickson who is elite
in this aspect, Hubbard who has said he is aiming for double digit Sacks this season who I will not bet against and Ossai who just 
turned the corner and can be a fine pass rusher this season. MM can play 3-tech in pass rushing situations as well as a rookie and 
that could be where he thrives this year.

(08-17-2023, 06:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ossai will be legit this year, and hopefully Zach Carter takes the next step

they just need Murphy to be a solid rotational piece for this season

Feel the same.
Reply/Quote
My opinion is that many fans want the 1st Round pick to be an impact player. Many are starters on most teams. We have had 3 impact 1st rounders in the last decade.

Burrow and Chase have been awesome. Eifert was solid.

But some have been underwhelming their rookie years; Dax, Jonah, Jackson, Kirkpatrick, Dennard

Others have been awful; Price, Ross, Ogbuehi

There is definitely reason for frustration.

Reply/Quote
I don’t think I saw him tonight
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:50 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t think I saw him tonight

One of the announcers said he stayed home in Cincy with an illness. ?? Don't know, they didn't say any more  about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 11:53 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: One of the announcers said he stayed home in Cincy with an illness. ?? Don't know, they didn't say any more  about it.

Sounds like he caught that gastritis Kevin Newman caught earlier in the year.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 06:10 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Are there many examples of a DE that wasnt a good pass rusher against college competition becoming a good pass rusher against NFL competition?  Murphy seems like a project.

I think he can be a good player even if he never develops into a good pass rusher.  Think a more athletic Sam Hubbard type.  Good player to have on the field when you play guys like Lamar and Josh Allen.  The one cavieat is you need a great or elite pass rusher on the other side like Trey Hendrickson. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Murphy was held out last night. Curious?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: Murphy was held out last night. Curious?

Murphy was sick.  He missed Wednesday's practice and the walk thru on Thursday.  He stayed in Cincinnati.

He needed the game reps so the timing was awful

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote