Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Early NFL Power Ratings: Bengals #13
(02-12-2024, 07:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Still propping the Bills up I see.

I mean they were the 2 seed this year..
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, a year ago they thought the top 2 teams were KC and us.

That was way back when they were smart.  Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't think you all understand. As has been proven, the NFL rigs games, so being ranked #13 is code for Taylor Swift dropping Kelce and dating someone on the Bengals as they go on to win the SB in NOLA. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 04:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ESPN's a joke.

I remember when I used to rely on them for all my sports information and fantasy ratings.

As long as we have Burrow and Chase, our window is wide open.

Burrow didn't have a line and took us to the Super Bowl and AFCCG.

Disney's their parent company............ that should tell you all you need to know about their abilities to predict future success  Hilarious

at least their parent company isn't fox, in that case we wouldn't be able to believe a word out of their mouth. Well, we may not now either though lol
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: at least their parent company isn't fox, in that case we wouldn't be able to believe a word out of their mouth. Well, we may not now either though lol

ESPN is owned by the company that purchased FOX

but a swing and miss for ya
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Define “top”

They are drafting 32nd. They might land another Rashee Rice caliber receiver, but hopefully they end up with another Sky Moore.

Xavier Worthy, who could very well be the steal of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 12:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean they were the 2 seed this year..

Who lost in the divisional round again.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
espn does this every year. cincinnati doesnt drive clicks

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As others said, espn sucks. But anyways, I like our chances this year as long as Burrow stays healthy and we get more efficient
running the ball and stopping the run on Defense. This FA seems set up pretty well for us to add just what we need to improve
in these areas. Cannot wait to see us start beating the Chiefs and our AFC North rivals again.

We won't go 1-5 in the Division next year, bet on it.

There’s a world where we get worse. Not likey, but it’s possible. I’m not sure how we improve our D line and run defense while getting better in run game, pass blocking, TE, slot, Safety, P.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 12:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We're #13 because of our O-line and Pollack.

The defense is a far bigger issue.

Reply/Quote
ESPN has long been a wet fart. And I'd say that even if they had Cincy at #1, bc it's the truth.
Reply/Quote
I remember the first TV we owned that had a remote had a wonky 5 button, because that was used the most because ESPN was channel 5.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 11:18 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: There’s a world where we get worse. Not likey, but it’s possible. I’m not sure how we improve our D line and run defense while getting better in run game, pass blocking, TE, slot, Safety, P.

Eh, we had a ton of bad happen to us this year with Burrow, Reader, Hubbard, Logan Wilson being injured and still had a winning record.

If we work on the known weaknesses we aren't going to get worse while Burrow learns and these guy's get healthy and change up the Offensive
game plan with Pitcher and the new coaches we acquired. But of course I could be wrong and your debby downer way could be true. Just doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 11:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The defense is a far bigger issue.

Let me hold a grudge.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ESPN is owned by the company that purchased FOX

but a swing and miss for ya

Well that would make sense then considering how they want everything to be faux news then, amirite. Fox started it, home run.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 11:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Well that would make sense then considering how they want everything to be faux news then, amirite. Fox started it, home run.

Your constant schtick of shoehorning Fox into threads just so you can disparage them is getting old. Might want to go the the Off-topic forums.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 12:59 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, we had a ton of bad happen to us this year with Burrow, Reader, Hubbard, Logan Wilson being injured and still had a winning record.

If we work on the known weaknesses we aren't going to get worse while Burrow learns and these guy's get healthy and change up the Offensive
game plan with Pitcher and the new coaches we acquired. But of course I could be wrong and your debby downer way could be true. Just doubt it.

Logan Wilson played/Started in every game. He sprained his ankle in the 4th quarter against the Steelers and played the next week. 
Hubbard played 15/17 games. Yes he was playing injured, but that is pretty common for guys to deal with stuff throughout the year. 
Reader was healthy for 14/17 games. 
CTB played in 12/17 games. 
Tee Higgins 12/17 games. 

Compared to other NFL teams, we were on the healthy side. We had 3 starters go on IR at any point during the season. Our entire offensive line played in every single game. Obviously, your QB being injured has a bigger impact, but compared to other teams in the league, we were healthy. I'd expect we have more players go down with injuries next year than this past year. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 11:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Well that would make sense then considering how they want everything to be faux news then, amirite. Fox started it, home run.

keep it football related.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 01:34 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Logan Wilson played/Started in every game. He sprained his ankle in the 4th quarter against the Steelers and played the next week. 
Hubbard played 15/17 games. Yes he was playing injured, but that is pretty common for guys to deal with stuff throughout the year. 
Reader was healthy for 14/17 games. 
CTB played in 12/17 games. 
Tee Higgins 12/17 games. 

Compared to other NFL teams, we were on the healthy side. We had 3 starters go on IR at any point during the season. Our entire offensive line played in every single game. Obviously, your QB being injured has a bigger impact, but compared to other teams in the league, we were healthy. I'd expect we have more players go down with injuries next year than this past year. 

Your number of games you say these players were healthy seem off to me... 

Reader for example was hurt mid season last I remembered. Hubbard and Wilson played, same with Tee but they weren't even remotely the 
same players when they did play. Honestly I think it would of been the better plan to play other players instead they seemed so hampered.

Our OL stayed healthy the entire season though, we were blessed here, but when your starting QB is injured for nearly your entire season and 
you still have a winning record it shows you are a good team. I don't see us getting worse next season and I also don't think our Division will 
be this good again. Our Division was historically good this year until the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Your number of games you say these players were healthy seem off to me... 

Reader for example was hurt mid season last I remembered. Hubbard and Wilson played, same with Tee but they weren't even remotely the 
same players when they did play. Honestly I think it would of been the better plan to play other players instead they seemed so hampered.

Our OL stayed healthy the entire season though, we were blessed here, but when your starting QB is injured for nearly your entire season and 
you still have a winning record it shows you are a good team. I don't see us getting worse next season and I also don't think our Division will 
be this good again. Our Division was historically good this year until the Playoffs.

DJ Reader was hurt week 15 against the Vikings. You can look up the other games missed by the players as well. It's easy to find. And again, every team has players dealing with injuries that impact them, even if they don't miss time. The fact of the matter is, we had fewer players miss time or impacted by injuries than most. 

Yes, the QB is obviously the most important position, but I'd expect more players to be hurt throughout the season than 3 starters next year. So saying "a ton of bad things happened" isn't really accurate when you look at the rest of the league. In reality, one bad thing happened and everything else was relatively lucky. 
Reply/Quote