Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Early NFL Power Ratings: Bengals #13
(02-14-2024, 04:45 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: DJ Reader was hurt week 15 against the Vikings. You can look up the other games missed by the players as well. It's easy to find. And again, every team has players dealing with injuries that impact them, even if they don't miss time. The fact of the matter is, we had fewer players miss time or impacted by injuries than most. 

Yes, the QB is obviously the most important position, but I'd expect more players to be hurt throughout the season than 3 starters next year. So saying "a ton of bad things happened" isn't really accurate when you look at the rest of the league. In reality, one bad thing happened and everything else was relatively lucky. 

Fair enough, cannot disagree with this, nice post.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 12:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Your constant schtick of shoehorning Fox into threads just so you can disparage them is getting old. Might want to go the the Off-topic forums.

He must be one of CNN's 13 viewers.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 04:04 PM)Nepa Wrote: ESPN's NFL Nation reporters put out their early power ratings for next season.

Baltimore is #1.
KC is #2
Bills #5
Dolphins #6
Cleveland is # 11
Bengals #13

Guess they think the window is part-of-the-way closed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39479402/nfl-way-too-early-power-rankings-poll-2024-plus-offseason-three-words

Forget for a moment the disrespect for the Bengals at 13, how do you have the Ravens, who can't win in the playoffs over the Chiefs, who can't lose in the playoffs unless it's against the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 05:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Forget for a moment the disrespect for the Bengals at 13, how do you have the Ravens, who can't win in the playoffs over the Chiefs, who can't lose in the playoffs unless it's against the Bengals?

I even read an article the other day that Skip Bayless said the one team standing in the Chiefs way again next year is the Burrow led Bengals.

Skip Bayless for heck sake and he is right for once.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 05:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Forget for a moment the disrespect for the Bengals at 13, how do you have the Ravens, who can't win in the playoffs over the Chiefs, who can't lose in the playoffs unless it's against the Bengals?

Why do you say they "can't win" over the Chiefs when they are 0-1? Taking a sample size of 1 and saying somebody can't do something is a bit silly. 
Reply/Quote
We all know Power Rankings don't matter at all when it comes down to it.
All they really provide is an opinion of someone who thinks this or that team should be good based on staff.
The PRs will change again after FA, again after the draft, and yet again through preseason.

At the end of the day, I just want a healthy Joe Burrow through training camp and going into Week 1 for once.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 12:12 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Why do you say they "can't win" over the Chiefs when they are 0-1? Taking a sample size of 1 and saying somebody can't do something is a bit silly. 

Well, the Ravens have been losing in the Playoffs for years. Not just this year.

We just beat them the year before last and they were 0-1 then as well.

The only team that has beat the Chiefs in the Playoffs has been the Burrow led Cincinnati Bengals and he is 3-1 against them last I checked.

(02-16-2024, 01:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We all know Power Rankings don't matter at all when it comes down to it.
All they really provide is an opinion of someone who thinks this or that team should be good based on staff.
The PRs will change again after FA, again after the draft, and yet again through preseason.

At the end of the day, I just want a healthy Joe Burrow through training camp and going into Week 1 for once.

Very true, that is all I want this Offseason after a decent FA and Draft.
Reply/Quote
This stuff is so meaningless. We could be better or we could be worse.

We hope and assume Burrow is back and 100%. We don't know that. OTOH. if the team is healthy we could absolutely win a championship.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, the Ravens have been losing in the Playoffs for years. Not just this year.

We just beat them the year before last and they were 0-1 then as well.

The only team that has beat the Chiefs in the Playoffs has been the Burrow led Cincinnati Bengals and he is 3-1 against them last I checked.

Very true, that is all I want this Offseason after a decent FA and Draft.

Brady (first with New England, and then as a Buccaneer) eliminated the Mahomes led Chiefs twice in the postseason too
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: Brady (first with New England, and then as a Buccaneer) eliminated the Mahomes led Chiefs twice in the postseason too

Yep, forgot to mention Tom Brady as the other one. Brady and Burrow are the only QB's to beat Mahomes in the Postseason.

But Tom is retired so I didn't mention him as I was talking about current QB's.
Reply/Quote