Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Projections Have Bengals Picking Top 5 Again In Next Years Draft
(05-10-2021, 04:51 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I have to look at this from 2 sides.  Does Katie have a stubborn streak in her that Mikey Boy has when it comes to firing a coach?  And/or does Mikey still run this team even though everyone says he's no longer making the calls. 

Should Zac be gone if this team only wins 5 games, hell yes he should be gone.  

Do I think he'll definitely be gone, no because I mean if Mike is still running this team what better way to stick it to the fans who begged for him to let Marvin walk by saying "you asked for this, and now we gave it to you.  He's young, bright and energetic.  We're still bullish on Zac.  He's had a lot of obstacles.  Again, the fans wanted to change and we gave it to them"

Nobody asked for a QB coach that had zero exp. calling plays and zero exp. being a head coach in the NFL try to juggle both of those jobs.
Reply/Quote
People really need to lower expectations for Joe Brady, especially since it's going to be Eric Bieniemy that gets hired. A well-respected coordinator that has a Superbowl ring and has been passed over on several other head coaching jobs? There are too many parallels between him and Marvin Lewis that this is the easiest Bengal prediction one can make over the next 9 months.

First year in, he'll have the Bengals back to .500 ball. The following year, the Bengals will have one of the best records in the AFC, only to have Joey Porter Jr. cheap shot Joe Burrow on a blown assignment by Jackson Carman, costing us any chance of winning our first playoff game in 30 years. In the years to follow, the Bengals continue to show promise in the regular season only to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Not before long, the fan's excitement is replaced with apathy and Eric Bieniemy is dubbed "Even Eric" for his .500 career win/loss record. After 15 years, Elizabeth Blackburn finally acknowledges it's time for a change and fires Even Eric and sets out on hiring an up-and-coming coach who has no coordinator or coaching experience in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 05:36 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: People really need to lower expectations for Joe Brady, especially since it's going to be Eric Bieniemy that gets hired.  A well-respected coordinator that has a Superbowl ring and has been passed over on several other head coaching jobs?  There are too many parallels between him and Marvin Lewis that this is the easiest Bengal prediction one can make over the next 9 months.

First year in, he'll have the Bengals back to .500 ball.  The following year, the Bengals will have one of the best records in the AFC, only to have Joey Porter Jr. cheap shot Joe Burrow on a blown assignment by Jackson Carman, costing us any chance of winning our first playoff game in 30 years.  In the years to follow, the Bengals continue to show promise in the regular season only to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  Not before long, the fan's excitement is replaced with apathy and Eric Bieniemy is dubbed "Even Eric" for his .500 career win/loss record.   After 15 years, Elizabeth Blackburn finally acknowledges it's time for a change and fires Even Eric and sets out on hiring an up-and-coming coach who has no coordinator or coaching experience in the NFL.

Byron Leftwich   is the next HC if we are making way to early predictions  will probly have 2 SB rings by years end

at least he should be getting a shot somewhere soon
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 01:54 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Nobody asked for a QB coach that had zero exp. calling plays and zero exp. being a head coach in the NFL try to juggle both of those jobs.

From what I read Duke Tobin was the one really pushing for Zac at HC in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 04:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/10/22427938/2022-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-season-2022

So the early consensus for this upcoming season doesn't see the Bengals winning more than 5 games with the schedule they have putting them in the top 5 for next years draft. I am not shocked at all with the assessment and actually agree. I do not see them winning more than 5-6 games this upcoming season with the opponents they will face.

The real question is if this does come to fruition do you see Mike Brown saying for another year "We remain bullish on Zac Taylor and have him around for the 2022 season"?

We need to win at least 11 games this year or we need to move on before we waste Burrow's career.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need to win at least 11 games this year or we need to move on before we waste Burrow's career.

Exactly, we are sitting on a winner here and need to step it up. If his rookie contract runs out and we still are winning less than 5 games a year he will be gone in a heartbeat and I wouldn't blame him one bit.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 04:08 PM)GodFather Wrote: Exactly, we are sitting on a winner here and need to step it up. If his rookie contract runs out and we still are winning less than 5 games a year he will be gone in a heartbeat and I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Completely agree GodFather. Mellow
Reply/Quote
If they do pick in the top 5 again next year it will at least put them in position to have the team very well stocked with young good players at high value positions and if, BIG IF, they actually stock the team with great coaching and move on from Zac and company this team could be in a very unique position to win that they haven't been in for a very long time..
Will they do the trifecta? Tough telling even if my gut tells me they wont..
I did some work for a die hard Squeeler fan..I know..you don't have to remind me,  but he said he has a lot more faith in the Bengals now than Pittsburgh..This coming from a guy with a full fledged Squeeler cave.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 12:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You know Faulk would have loved that neighborhood, he has to pay top dollar for that treatment these days.  Ninja Ninja

Bite yer tongue. I don't pay a penny for my fanny floggins.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 12:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Homers gonna home.

I wonder if the Pittsburgh pirates have a message board with short term memory loss and blind optimism lmao

Pittsburgh has long term memory loss. In the short term they celebrate if the Pirates don't lose 125 games a season.  Us Reds fans celebrate if we break .500, but we damned sure remember Marty yelling , "It's in the dirt! REDS WIN THE PENNANT! REDS WIN THE PENNANT!" ..against Pittsburgh..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Spot on.

McAfee's shit takes and sensationalism is often hollow and completely devoid of substance.

A Barstool-esque personality, if you will.

Big fan of Barstool and McAfee myself.

(05-10-2021, 06:23 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I think they will turn it around, but they are missing a lot.  Maybe I am wrong, but that's why they play the games.  

Again, I said this is the most upside scenario.  The games that I think they will lose, I don't think they have much of a chance.  The wins I picked could go either way.

Tbh I think this team has the talent to be a 10 win team. The o-line and LBs are probably the weak points of the team, but the line shouldn't be bottom 3 anymore. I'm mainly just not sold on this coaching staff. No excuses this year. Get 'er done or get out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 06:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, then he must have asked everyone for more money because he's still the OC in KC.

What I recall is that he's holding out for that perfect spot, so he's being highly selective
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Big fan of Barstool and McAfee myself.

Tbh I think this team has the talent to be a 10 win team. The o-line and LBs are probably the weak points of the team, but the line shouldn't be bottom 3 anymore. I'm mainly just not sold on this coaching staff. No excuses this year. Get 'er done or get out.

I like McAfee alright, makes me laugh.

I think the LB's could be really good if coached up correctly. Loved all our picks last year in Logan, ADG and Bailey. They ARE 
young though, would be nice to bring in a guy like Hicks for a veteran presence. What is nice about the Ossai pick is he is a 
hybrid who can not only play End as a pass rusher and run stopper but stand up and play Linebacker.

Lots are sleeping on the Ossai pick, this guy could be great. Watch this guy lead us in TFL as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
Too much negativity on here. We have the talent to compete for championship this season. 3 game breaking receivers. A great RB and QB when healthy. The line looks vastly improved more experience for Jonah and Spain was good last year when we signed him. He deserved to return. LB isn't the liability it was 2 seasons ago. Maybe best S tandem in the league a good young K. no more Fat Randy pulling a groin trying to kick a 45 yarder. The talent is here the coaching need to come through.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 03:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Too much negativity on here. We have the talent to compete for championship this season. 3 game breaking receivers. A great RB and QB when healthy. The line looks vastly improved more experience for Jonah and Spain was good last year when we signed him. He deserved to return. LB isn't the liability it was 2 seasons ago. Maybe best S tandem in the league a good young K. no more Fat Randy pulling a groin trying to kick a 45 yarder. The talent is here the coaching need to come through.

Rock On

Damn rights brother. The coaching is what has been holding us back and having Pollack here and Hobby are big upgrades over
Turner and Eason on both sides of the trenches. We built up the trenches with good players in Reiff, Carman, Spain, D'Ante Smith,
Trey Hill, Trey Hendrickson, Larry Ogunjobi, Joseph Ossai, Cam Sample, Shelvin, Wyatt Hubert etc.

It is on the coaching now to step up.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 03:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Too much negativity on here. We have the talent to compete for championship this season. 3 game breaking receivers. A great RB and QB when healthy. The line looks vastly improved more experience for Jonah and Spain was good last year when we signed him. He deserved to return. LB isn't the liability it was 2 seasons ago. Maybe best S tandem in the league a good young K. no more Fat Randy pulling a groin trying to kick a 45 yarder. The talent is here the coaching need to come through.

You got some more of that crack?

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You got some more of that crack?

You saying the coaching is not holding this team back?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You saying the coaching is not holding this team back?

thinking the talent is there is getting too ahead of yourself

thinking Von Bell is 1/2 of the best safety tandem is getting a bit ahead of yourself

thinking frank pollack can magically fic the o-line is getting a bit ahead of yourself

....wait, what am I saying?

16-0!! woo!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: thinking the talent is there is getting too ahead of yourself

thinking Von Bell is 1/2 of the best safety tandem is getting a bit ahead of yourself

thinking frank pollack can magically fic the o-line is getting a bit ahead of yourself

....wait, what am I saying?

16-0!! woo!

Bates and Bell is a top Safety tandem. Bates was called by many non-Bengal fans the best Safety in the NFL last season.

Bell is a thumper who can step up and stop the run and loves to rock people.

It isn't magic, it is being a better coach than Jim Turner for heck sake.

Wait, what am I saying?

0-17  Cry
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bates and Bell is a top Safety tandem. Bates was called by many non-Bengal fans the best Safety in the NFL last season.

Bell is a thumper who can step up and stop the run and loves to rock people.

It isn't magic, it is being a better coach than Jim Turner for heck sake.

Wait, what am I saying?

0-16  Cry
you guys know we play 17 games now right?

First ever 0-17 team.. We can DO IT!!!! Record time baby

But (coaching can make okay talent look great or great talent look just okay)
Reply/Quote