Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early morning coffee with a side of optimism
The second half of the season. The first day of the rest of our lives. The day the Cincinnati Bengals go from zero to hero. Tonight is the night. No longer will the defense play like turds. How could they the way they've put on notice by the coaches? No more comfortabiliity for the vets right? They have to come out playing like their hair is on fire, don't they? So it starts up front on defense. It starts with geno and Carlos handing out more sacks than wal mart.

The offense will continue pointing the arrow up. It clicks for zampese as a play caller. Ogbuehi will continue playing better. Tyler Boyd gets more involved. Dalton to green and eifert? Well you know the drill there!

Tonight is the night Who Dey nation. Sip your coffee with confidence and a smile, because tonight the football world will be put on notice.

Disclaimer: I don't necessarily believe all, some, or any of this.

But seriously tonight's the night! WHO DEY!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 10:35 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: The second half of the season. The first day of the rest of our lives. The day the Cincinnati Bengals go from zero to hero. Tonight is the night. No longer will the defense play like turds. How could they the way they've put on notice by the coaches? No more comfortabiliity for the vets right? They have to come out playing like their hair is on fire, don't they? So it starts up front on defense. It starts with geno and Carlos handing out more sacks than wal mart.

The offense will continue pointing the arrow up. It clicks for zampese as a play caller. Ogbuehi will continue playing better. Tyler Boyd gets more involved. Dalton to green and eifert? Well you know the drill there!

Tonight is the night Who Dey nation. Sip your coffee with confidence and a smile, because tonight the football world will be put on notice.

Love the optimism and I will be rooting for everything above to play out, but .... I am expecting franchise history to remain status quo and they lay another 'big stage' game egg since they already won their token and even tied a big stage game with Miami and Washington.

Would love to be wrong!!  Wink
Reply/Quote
I think it's really on the defense at this point to step up. The offense has been trending upward the last 3-4 games and the running game has been on point.

It's now or never though this is the golden moment to start playing like you mean it. We're gonna learn a lot about how good our defense really is and how much heart they have. I just hope the coaches do more to promote change other then just signing Gilberry. That sure as hell isn't gonna be enough who knows if he's even the same guy anymore on the field.
Reply/Quote
It's good to be optimistic. Believing we have the kind team that we thought we had last year, in spite of the changes made since then. I will only point to another piece of the puzzle that has also let us down - special teams. The numbers it has been producing must improve significantly. Immediately I might add.

Let us bow our heads .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
We need lot's of this from Wallace....

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 10:35 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: The second half of the season. The first day of the rest of our lives. The day the Cincinnati Bengals go from zero to hero. Tonight is the night. No longer will the defense play like turds. How could they the way they've put on notice by the coaches DC, but then let back off the hook by the HC? No more comfortabiliity for the vets right? They have to come out playing like their hair is on fire, don't they? So it starts up front on defense. It starts with geno and Carlos handing out more sacks than wal mart.

FIFY :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: fd540ekb8lxx.gif]
Reply/Quote
There is always that one team that starts slow and gets hot the second half....The Bengals have all the pieces to be that team....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:35 PM)Synric Wrote: There is always that one team that starts slow and gets hot the second half....The Bengals have all the pieces to be that team....

......except for coaching.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......except for coaching.

And a defense that looks old, slow, and out of shape.  I appreciate and envy the optimism of others, but personally do not share in it.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:41 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: And a defense that looks old, slow, and out of shape.  I appreciate and envy the optimism of others, but personally do not share in it.

Agree.....and it appears our D coordinator was gonna try something to address this....until he got his nuts stepped on by the HC. Whatever :paul:

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......except for coaching.

Coaching staff turnover usually has these kinda consequences. Hopefully the coaches and players get on the same page.

My self I think the awful redzone conversion percentage was the main cause of the first half woes. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Coaching staff turnover usually has these kinda consequences. Hopefully the coaches and players get on the same page.

My self I think the awful redzone conversion percentage was the main cause of the first half woes. 

I do not agree with this, and think it is giving the franchise a pass.  The successful teams always have turnover in their coaching staff. How many people have come and gone from New England?  Also, I'm going to take some liberty and speak for Wyche... when people talk about "coaching", their main argument is the head coach.  He is the guy who has been here through multiple coordinators, position coaches, quarterbacks, decades... Marvin is the one constant.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:55 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I do not agree with this, and think it is giving the franchise a pass.  The successful teams always have turnover in their coaching staff. How many people have come and gone from New England?  Also, I'm going to take some liberty and speak for Wyche... when people talk about "coaching", their main argument is the head coach.  He is the guy who has been here through multiple coordinators, position coaches, quarterbacks, decades... Marvin is the one constant.

Take the liberty sir....that's exactly what I meant.  I liked what I read from Guenther.....then....here comes ol' HumDrum to rain on the parade.

Synric, yes, you are correct, that was a big issue, but I think the defense's play is just about as bad, if not worse.  The DC was looking to take action to try and improve it, but his HC chopped his legs out from under him.  That was just mind blowingly stupid.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree.....and it appears our D coordinator was gonna try something to address this....until he got his nuts stepped on by the HC. Whatever :paul:

Bengals DC to Wyche..."I had an idea to shake-up the defense and as reported ML rejected it. But what hasn't been reported is that I've given up on all new ideas to get the job done. Just thought I'd tell you Wyche" 

Thanks for sharing Wyche!Sarcasm

Passing your opinions as facts  :paul:
Reply/Quote
Tonight's the night.

Do or die.

Put up or shut up.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 01:46 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Bengals DC to Wyche..."I had an idea to shake-up the defense and as reported ML rejected it. But what hasn't been reported is that I've given up on all new ideas to get the job done. Just thought I'd tell you Wyche" 

My opinion?  There are links to the article where he stated exactly that. Mellow

In other news, now we know why you're so hard on the QB....anything to take the heat off of Mediocre Marv......you're a Marv apologist..... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 01:46 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Bengals DC to Wyche..."I had an idea to shake-up the defense and as reported ML rejected it. But what hasn't been reported is that I've given up on all new ideas to get the job done. Just thought I'd tell you Wyche" 

Your boy coached a helluva bye week and game off the bye didn't he? Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 10:35 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: The second half of the season. The first day of the rest of our lives. The day the Cincinnati Bengals go from zero to hero. Tonight is the night. No longer will the defense play like turds. How could they the way they've put on notice by the coaches? No more comfortabiliity for the vets right? They have to come out playing like their hair is on fire, don't they? So it starts up front on defense. It starts with geno and Carlos handing out more sacks than wal mart.

And then, this happens (at 1:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055wFyO6gag
Reply/Quote
We have played nine games and won three. The ship is practically sunk.
Reply/Quote