Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids
(04-04-2023, 02:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It would be a choice and every teacher I've ever met is prepared to die for their students, so I don't think some would mind carrying in order to save their students lives.

Also, if a shooter knows that there's multiple soldiers at a school, don't you think they'll be less-likely to even attempt to attack the school?

You may be right, but you're talking about 115k schools, depending on what percentage of the teachers will be armed and each school will have 10 guards/soldiers you're talking about introducing millions of guns and armed people into our school system.  Could get wild, but hey I'm open to seeing how it goes.

I think a few states should give it a whirl first to test it out.  If Florida schools are full of armed guards and teachers and all the shooters head up north, you may be on to something. 

I personally take people saying they're willing to die for something with a grain of salt, but that's just me.  I just haven't met many people who will openly admit they would piss their pants and freeze up and/or flee in a life or death situation. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I personnally highly doubt it. When you have your own kids, you are not going to sacrifice yourself on daily basis because a weirdo has come to your school with an AR15 against which you have no chance.
To each his job and teachers are not Navy Seals.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 04:47 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I personnally highly doubt it. When you have your own kids, you are not going to sacrifice yourself on daily basis because a weirdo has come to your school with an AR15 against which you have no chance.
To each his job and teachers are not Navy Seals.

That's why childless gun nuts need to be teachers.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 06:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's why childless gun nuts need to be teachers.  

I would, but I hate kids.

Not enough to murder them, but enough to where I'm not going to sacrifice my life for theirs. **** them kids.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 02:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If a teacher is in a room and has the gun pointed at the door after it has been announced or gun shots were heard, you think the shooter can come in, look around, locate the teacher, and shoot before the teacher shoots them?

They're also going to hide behind a desk or something while pointing the gun and the gunman is out in the open.
Every teacher I've ever met would be willing to die for their students, so I think they'd be willing to kill someone trying to kill their students.

When did I say every teacher would be armed?

It would be a choice and every teacher I've ever met is prepared to die for their students, so I don't think some would mind carrying in order to save their students lives.

Also, if a shooter knows that there's multiple soldiers at a school, don't you think they'll be less-likely to even attempt to attack the school?

Every teacher you know is also pretty certain they won't have to die or kill for their students too. Again... Easy to woof about, quite another thing to actually end another life. The Uvalde police didn't seem overly eager to engage a year ago. It's not an easy thing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 02:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If a teacher is in a room and has the gun pointed at the door after it has been announced or gun shots were heard, you think the shooter can come in, look around, locate the teacher, and shoot before the teacher shoots them?

They're also going to hide behind a desk or something while pointing the gun and the gunman is out in the open.
Every teacher I've ever met would be willing to die for their students, so I think they'd be willing to kill someone trying to kill their students.

When did I say every teacher would be armed?

It would be a choice and every teacher I've ever met is prepared to die for their students, so I don't think some would mind carrying in order to save their students lives.

There was a school shooting while my son was in high school.  I don't remember which one, there are so many, but the local kids did a walkout and everything.

We were at the next school board meeting for a different reason and the board was discussing the different things they were going to do to ramp up safety at the high school.  One of the suggestions was about arming teachers though no decision was made then.

After the meeting my wife and I were talking to two teachers who we did not know personally, just small talk on the way out of the building.  Both men. One was from the HS one was from the vo-tech.  One was a gun owner, one was not.  Both said they would never want to arm teachers in the school.  Teachers FIRST priority is to make sure the children are safe.  The idea of having them go LOOKING for a shooter or worrying about arming themselves before the shooter got to them made no sense to these two.  And neither were anti-gun.

On the way home I was talking about the teachers I had in (Catholic) school and I was joking about the ones I would never EVER have trusted with a weapon!  The crazy ones, the stoner one, etc.

This country doesn't pay teachers enough, we don't fund the schools properly, how are they going to budget for weapons and training?

Unless its a state like Florida where anyone can get a gun with no permit or training, of course.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Court ruled the officer had no legal duty to take action.  So, no, they don't help.  Or at least they choose NOT to do anything.  

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 06:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Court ruled the officer had no legal duty to take action.  So, no, they don't help.  Or at least they choose NOT to do anything.  

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There have been studies performed that having armed resources at the school don't deter shootings. My hypothesis is that if someone has arrived at the point of committing a school shooting, with the knowledge that there are armed resources there, they will arm themselves heavier. We have also seen individuals who do these things with full intention of dying. The same study I mention found that armed resources actually increase the death toll at schools. Now, that isn't causation but it really undermines that specific argument. 
Reply/Quote