Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone please explain the Ross benching last game?
(09-20-2017, 03:35 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm not sure we have the right to call him an "electric player" yet.  Hopefully, he becomes one, but he's barely into his rookie year, and we've seen a single snap from him (which resulted in the other team getting the ball).  I've seen this happen too many times, where a player looks like he could be great out of college, then comes to the NFL and fizzles away into nothing.  If he's one of the most electric players on the team, it's because we have very little electricity.

Could he have helped?  Sure.  But as long as the O-line is playing as badly as it is, there aren't very many receivers in the NFL that could play here and make a big difference.  The QB can't get them the ball.

Maybe the new OC will be able to do something with him....

Electric? The switches have all been broken for years and the fuse box is full of pennies and the glass fuses are made of tissue paper. 
Electric... That's a good one!  Ha!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bench Ogbuehi when he gives up sacks.
Reply/Quote
Here's what I don't get: we ***** at Marvin all the time for not holding players accountable and not being enough of a disciplinarian, and then he benches a guy for breaking the number one rule for a ball carrier-don't fumble- and we still ***** at him.

Was it an unfortunate hit and something that almost all people would have fumbled if hit like that? Yes it was, but ever think that he should have wrapped it up with two hands? Yes, it wasn't just out there in one hand, but there's players around, so put two hands on it. If someone was behind him and punched it, it would have been a fumble just the same, and that actually would have been better because he wouldn't have been able to see it coming.

Ross saw him coming from a few yards away, so wrap up the damn ball.

I hope Ross can recover from this and it doesn't hold him back at all, but I support Marvin in this.

You can't have it both ways, people.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why has no one brought this up? The guy gets 15 yards on an end around, fumbles the ball on an awkward landing (a lot of players would have fumbled that ball), and then is benched the rest of the game.

What, Marvin FINALLY decided to go hard ass? None the less against a rookie making his first start who fumbled a ball on an awkward landing? Give me a break.

Not sure what Marvin was trying to prove there. With as bad as this team has struggled on offense they could have used a guy like Ross to stretch the field and use his speed.

he didn't fumble on the landing dude popped it right out of his hands..

its pretty simple

hes a rookie..  He fumbled    we have enough issues on offense so he was benched.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 01:16 PM)thillan Wrote: I actually fear the opposite: we are sitting a rookie who could have a massive impact, and losing out on valuable production.

The Bengals have been called out for not putting their players in the best positions. A simple example is Burkhead's performance in NE right now. 

But again, we sit Ross, WJ3, I've barely seen Billings... goes on and on. 

This is just my take though.

Right NOW.... you can just have Ross sprint deep and let defenders try to keep up. That gives  space " under" where  guys like Green, Erickson, Bod can make plays.  With hos sped, Ross can make an impact een if he hasn't done some patterns.
You don't need to overthink this.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he didn't fumble on the landing dude popped it right out of his hands..

its pretty simple

hes a rookie..  He fumbled    we have enough issues on offense so he was benched.

The guy put his helmet right on it. Not too many people don't fumble there.

So the Bengals punished themselves by taking a guy with game-changing speed off the field in favor of a kick-returner who is seldom used in normal offense. You may as well call Erickson a rookie WR too.
Reply/Quote