Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert NFL Network's #50 Fantasy Draft Target
http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000674028/Top-50-Fantasy-Show-50-Tyler-Eifert

Says he's 4th ranked TE on their list.

They seemed pretty split on Eifert. One guy had him ranked higher, and one lower. Argument against him is not taking a guy 50th overall who isn't healthy and don't know when he'll be healthy and how many games he'll miss. 50th has him as their

I play in a 14 team league, so 50th would be a high 5th round pick. Not sure I would want to take him there with the recent injury concerns. My 5th round pick last year was Sammy Watkins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
According to Jeremy hill he is actually ahead of schedule and will probably miss at most 1 game but might not even miss that plus they said he's missed 19 games in 3 seasons?? 16 of those were when he misses fall but 8 plays of a season he was out all year!! He will miss no games this year and average 15-20 fantasy points Per game along with breaking the tight end td record which he would have broke had he been healthy
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 02:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: According to Jeremy hill he is actually ahead of schedule and will probably miss at most 1 game but might not even miss that plus they said he's missed 19 games in 3 seasons?? 16 of those were when he misses fall but 8 plays of a season he was out all year!! He will miss no games this year and average 15-20 fantasy points Per game along with breaking the tight end td record which he would have broke had he been healthy

Hill never stated that.

Tobin's interview implies that Eifert is going to miss a few games.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/07/tyler-eifert-expected-miss-steelers-game-week-two/
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 03:24 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Hill never stated that.

Tobin's interview implies that Eifert is going to miss a few games.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/07/tyler-eifert-expected-miss-steelers-game-week-two/

He actually did state that in a fantasy football interview he said that he's ahead of schedule and might miss only one game
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 02:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: According to Jeremy hill he is actually ahead of schedule and will probably miss at most 1 game but might not even miss that plus they said he's missed 19 games in 3 seasons?? 16 of those were when he misses fall but 8 plays of a season he was out all year!! He will miss no games this year and average 15-20 fantasy points Per game along with breaking the tight end td record which he would have broke had he been healthy

You might want to get a refund on both your crystal ball and your medical degree.

(07-13-2016, 03:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He actually did state that in a fantasy football interview he said that he's ahead of schedule and might miss only one game

I suppose being a Bengals fan has me constantly fearing the worst, but I'm concerned about the way Eifert's injury report has progressed.  Correct me if I'm wrong:

1.  He hurt his ankle in the Pro Bowl, but he'll be fine
2.  He won't need surgery
3.  Well, ok he DOES need surgery but it's not a big deal
4.  Ok, the surgery was a bigger deal than we thought but he won't miss time
5.  Well, he MIGHT miss the pre-season
6. ....and maybe ONE regular season game, maybe

Now the question is if step 7 becomes good news or continues down the road of not so good news.  I'm just hoping beyond hope we aren't debating on whether we should rest him until after the bye-week at some point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
About right. No matter how good Eifert is when he is healthy, you never know how long he will be.

This has been his problem his entire career here pretty much. He will miss games in a season.

You can pretty much count on it. But you could say the same with Gronkowski.

Maybe it is these guys size and athleticism but for whatever reason these rare TE's have trouble staying healthy.

I am sure Defenses target them like Mike Mitchell did to Eifert and even our guy Iloka did to Jimmy Graham a few
years ago when we played the Saints. These guys are game changers especially in the red zone.
Reply/Quote
[quote='Nately120' pid='236168' dateline='1468421734']

You might want to get a refund on both your crystal ball and your medical degree.

I suppose being a Bengals fan has me constantly fearing the worst, but I'm concerned about the way Eifert's injury report has progressed.  Correct me if I'm wrong:

Now the question is if step 7 becomes good news or continues down the road of not so good news.  I'm just hoping beyond hope we aren't debating on whether we should rest him until after the bye-week at some point.
What was wrong with my first comment? Had it not been for missing 4 games he would have scored 17 tds and I think we rest him for a couple of easy game down the stretch like Browns and Ravens
Reply/Quote

What was wrong with my first comment? Had it not been for missing 4 games he would have scored 17 tds and I think we rest him for a couple of easy game down the stretch like Browns and Ravens
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 01:31 AM)Jpoore Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 11:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You might want to get a refund on both your crystal ball and your medical degree.

AKA: Right during the Fantasy Football Playoffs

Same reason I refused to ever draft Peyton Manning back when he played for the Colts. Dude never played Week 17, so he screwed you if you ever made it to the finals.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:38 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AKA: Right during the Fantasy Football Playoffs

Same reason I refused to ever draft Peyton Manning back when he played for the Colts. Dude never played Week 17, so he screwed you if you ever made it to the finals.

That's why you only play in leagues where week 16 is the finals.  

Lots of teams rest players if they have the division or playoff bid locked-up, or they only play one quarter or the first half.

Never been in a league that plays in week 17.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 09:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's why you only play in leagues where week 16 is the finals.  

Lots of teams rest players if they have the division or playoff bid locked-up, or they only play one quarter or the first half.

Never been in a league that plays in week 17.

Have you played in a 14 team league? It has 3 weeks of playoffs. 6 teams get in, #1 and #2 seeds get first round byes. Not playing in week 17 would make it a 13 week regular season. Meh to that. Not enough weeks in the season to be wasting any.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 11:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You might want to get a refund on both your crystal ball and your medical degree.

Yep.... Remember when Vontaze Burfict's knee just needed "some things cleaned up" in it?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For fantasy football, I wouldn't pick him high.

For real football, I'd pick him high all day long.

He's got injury concerns, but — without looking up the top 10 guys — I'd say not much more than any other of the best active TEs. I'd rather have an outstanding guy the majority of the season and an average backup than an average starter all season long.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 02:15 PM)Benton Wrote: For fantasy football, I wouldn't pick him high.

For real football, I'd pick him high all day long.

He's got injury concerns, but — without looking up the top 10 guys — I'd say not much more than any other of the best active TEs. I'd rather have an outstanding guy the majority of the season and an average backup than an average starter all season long.

He put up comparable fantasy numbers to Gronk last year. He scored more TDs. He's pretty damn valuable in a PPR league. It's basically Eifert, Gronk, Kelce, maybe Barnidge again.... and then everybody else. Those guys are a cut above.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 09:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Have you played in a 14 team league? It has 3 weeks of playoffs. 6 teams get in, #1 and #2 seeds get first round byes. Not playing in week 17 would make it a 13 week regular season. Meh to that. Not enough weeks in the season to be wasting any.

Yep.

Was completely stupid.

Teams are weak.

Plus, you HAVE to have a flex, which I like it better when all rosters are the same. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 02:31 PM)jason Wrote: He put up comparable fantasy numbers to Gronk last year. He scored more TDs. He's pretty damn valuable in a PPR league. It's basically Eifert, Gronk, Kelce, maybe Barnidge again.... and then everybody else. Those guys are a cut above.

U forgot Olsen
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 02:31 PM)jason Wrote: He put up comparable fantasy numbers to Gronk last year. He scored more TDs. He's pretty damn valuable in a PPR league. It's basically Eifert, Gronk, Kelce, maybe Barnidge again.... and then everybody else. Those guys are a cut above.

In the league I play in (non-PPR) it was Gronk 164.00 and Eifert at 129.25.... 34.75 difference. Or roughly 27% higher than Eifert. Not sure that's really comparable. 2 more TDs vs 550 less yards receiving. That would actually be a larger difference if my league was PPR because Eifert only had 52 catches last year.

Honestly outside of TDs he didn't really tear it up...
-16th among TE in receptions
-12th among TE in yards

It makes Eifert a lot less distinguished in the fantasy market than you're thinking.

Also, as Jpoore said, you forgot Olsen. I will also add a few others you forgot:
-Delanie Walker (94/1,088/6)
-Jordan Reed (87/952/11)

So other than Gronk, (I am not positive I would add Kelce), Barnidge, Olsen, Walker, and Reed.. and then all of a sudden you're talking about him being the 6th scoring TE or so in FF. Good, but surely not 50th overall good.

(07-14-2016, 02:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep.

Was completely stupid.

Teams are weak.

Plus, you HAVE to have a flex, which I like it better when all rosters are the same. 

I like it, it takes a little more skill than being able to pick up good starters easily on the waiver wire. You actually need to research a bit, balance matchups and such.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 06:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In the league I play in (non-PPR) it was Gronk 164.00 and Eifert at 129.25.... 34.75 difference. Or roughly 27% higher than Eifert. Not sure that's really comparable. 2 more TDs vs 550 less yards receiving. That would actually be a larger difference if my league was PPR because Eifert only had 52 catches last year.

Honestly outside of TDs he didn't really tear it up...
-16th among TE in receptions
-12th among TE in yards

It makes Eifert a lot less distinguished in the fantasy market than you're thinking.

Also, as Jpoore said, you forgot Olsen. I will also add a few others you forgot:
-Delanie Walker (94/1,088/6)
-Jordan Reed (87/952/11)

So other than Gronk, (I am not positive I would add Kelce), Barnidge, Olsen, Walker, and Reed.. and then all of a sudden you're talking about him being the 6th scoring TE or so in FF. Good, but surely not 50th overall good.

I like it, it takes a little more skill than being able to pick up good starters easily on the waiver wire. You actually need to research a bit, balance matchups and such.

I don't know man.... I had Gronk so I just watched other teams in my league try to match him. It seemed like Eifert did as good a job as any. I know he can't match his diesel or jackitude, but he scored a lot. I did forget about Walker and Olsen, but that's probably because I realize they are only still in the league because Burfict hasn't "Max Williamsed" them yet.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 02:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000674028/Top-50-Fantasy-Show-50-Tyler-Eifert

Says he's 4th ranked TE on their list.

They seemed pretty split on Eifert. One guy had him ranked higher, and one lower. Argument against him is not taking a guy 50th overall who isn't healthy and don't know when he'll be healthy and how many games he'll miss. 50th has him as their

I play in a 14 team league, so 50th would be a high 5th round pick. Not sure I would want to take him there with the recent injury concerns. My 5th round pick last year was Sammy Watkins.

TEs in fantasy football are tough to gage...  there is generally about 4 that will consistently generate points.    so I tend not to wait long to grab one or Two as we allow TEs in the flex as well
Reply/Quote