Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert cleared
According to NFL.com Eifert has been cleared for offseason workouts. In the same article, it says the Bengals are not expected to resign him.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 01:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: According to NFL.com Eifert has been cleared for offseason workouts. In the same article, it says the Bengals are not expected to resign him.

Two consecutive seasons with back surgery.

I would turn the job over to Tyler Kroft and draft a young, healthy tight end before round 3 ends.

Maybe Mike Gesicki from Penn State in round 3.

* If little interest is shown for Eifert in Free Agency, then maybe bring him back on a cheap, prove your healthy deal.

Draft a Gesicki type young guy no matter if Eifert comes back cheaply or not.

If Eifert is coming back cheaply, then 31 other teams doubt his ability to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
I am ready to move on from Eifert but it would have been nice to offer him a performance laden contract.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 02:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am ready to move on from Eifert but it would have been nice to offer him a performance laden contract.

If I'm Eifert and the Bengals offer me a performance-laden contract, I'm at least exploring other options before I would sign such a deal.
If a team is willing to pay me more guaranteed money without having so much of my contract tied to health and/or production, I'm taking that instead.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If I'm Eifert and the Bengals offer me a performance-laden contract, I'm at least exploring other options before I would sign such a deal.
If a team is willing to pay me more guaranteed money without having so much of my contract tied to health and/or production, I'm taking that instead.

Only way I want to keep him. 

Incredible talent, but too many injury red flags now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If I'm Eifert and the Bengals offer me a performance-laden contract, I'm at least exploring other options before I would sign such a deal.

This makes the most sense.

No way would I let him walk without offering ANYTHING, but if its strictly a performance-based contract, I'd left him explore other options.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Who's this Eifert person you all speak of?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The TE tag is "only" about 10M, so I wonder if they could call around and ask if anyone would give them compensation (say a 4th or high 5th rd pick) for a tagged Eifert (if that's even legal). If not, an incentive deal is the only way to go.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 03:00 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Who's this Eifert person you all speak of?

Some dude who has never played a full season in the NFL
Reply/Quote
Well, I can't see Mike Brown getting in a bidding war for Eifert's services' and another team will most likely offer him a contract based on talent rather than health; to that team I wish them luck. The rare times he was healthy for the Bengals, he was a game changer.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 03:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Some dude who has never played a full season in the NFL

A part timer who should only be earning minimum wage. We gotta fire the HR department for letting this slip by.

Reply/Quote
I hope they can bring him back for a 1 year prove it deal.

Yes he is always injured, but when he's on the field he's an AJ Green type receiving talent.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 02:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am ready to move on from Eifert but it would have been nice to offer him a performance laden contract.

Same here, pretty much insane to offer him a contract without the injuries factored in.

What a talent, but if he cannot get on the field it doesn't matter and coming off a second back surgery he might never even
be in the realm of what he was in 2015. Kroft is good and we can draft another TE in the mid rounds with some talent.

Still would be interested if i was the Bengals but like you said, cannot give him a deal like it was after the 2015 season or
anything like that. Really like Eifert though and want him back here. On the field when he is playing and healthy he was
the best route running TE in the NFL and off the field he is a great man.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to him. Wish he had been able to stay healthy with us.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm in the minority .I hope Eifert does resign with the Bengals.
Eifert has been has been injury prone in his career.
That was then this is now.
Andy Dalton is at his best when defenses have to worry just as much about Eifert as they do Green
Andy when he doesnt have that threat in the middle of the field loves to force it to Green outside the hashmarks.
That leads to costly ints, pass breakups or Andy throws a prayer hoping AJ will somersault over bracket coverage
This offense Needs as much talent as it can to suround Andy with .
Tyler Kroft is a ideal #2 TE . He's not a #1. He can't separate like Eifert can nor can he get elevation like Eifert can.
This is 2018.
The Bengals can't find a TE in the draft that can immediately come in and take heat off AJ .
Eifert can be a bargain.
Can he get hurt again. Yep. Just like any other Bengals on the roster.
I remember Ken Anderson couldn't stay healthy for a 4 year stretch. They drafted Jack Thompson.
How did that turn out?
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 01:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: According to NFL.com Eifert has been cleared for offseason workouts. In the same article, it says the Bengals are not expected to resign him.

He will be signed by the Steelers or the Ravens, go on put up Gronk type numbers and never miss another game  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I wanna keep eifert but he has to take a small deal for that to happen.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 05:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I'm in the minority .I hope Eifert does resign with the Bengals.
Eifert has been  has been injury prone in his career.
That was then this is now.
Andy Dalton is at his best when defenses have to worry just as much about Eifert as they do Green
Andy when he doesnt have that threat in the middle of the field loves to force it to Green outside the hashmarks.
That leads to costly ints, pass breakups or Andy throws a prayer hoping AJ will somersault over bracket coverage
This offense Needs as much talent as it can to suround Andy with .
Tyler Kroft is a ideal #2 TE . He's not a #1. He can't  separate like Eifert can nor can he get elevation like Eifert can.
This is 2018.
The Bengals can't find a TE in the draft that can immediately come in and take heat off AJ .
Eifert can be a bargain.
Can he get hurt again. Yep. Just like any other Bengals on the roster.
I remember Ken Anderson couldn't stay healthy for a 4 year stretch. They drafted Jack Thompson.
How did that turn out?

I want him back, just have to take his injuries into account. Have to.

I used to think most of his injuries were accidental and were not due to him being injury prone but that was then, this is 2018 lol
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 05:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He will be signed by the Steelers or the Ravens, go on put up Gronk type numbers and never miss another game  Sarcasm
I see it's this time of the season when your optimism is at its peak, eh? Yeah ,mine too. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Being a Bengals fan, I see this going one of two ways. Either he signs with us and gets injured, or he goes to another team and never has injury problems again.

Kroft is no healthy Eifert, but he is serviceable. Offer Eifert a contract that takes into consideration his recent availability, but we'll lose out to a team willing to risk more on his potential talent. Hard to fault the FO either way on this one.
Reply/Quote