Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert passes physical
Tyler Eifert will make his long-awaited return to practice today. He passed his physical and has been cleared to play. Fingers crossed!

oh and in other news....Ryan Hewitt also cleared

Per Dehner and Jim O

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 04:09 PM)pally Wrote: Tyler Eifert will make his long-awaited return to practice today.  He passed his physical and has been cleared to play.  Fingers crossed!

Per Dehner and Jim O

Why do I feel like this means nothing at all when it comes to him being available for the season opener?

I know I should view this as good news, but I can't help but think that we should wait and clear him to play just before the the 1st game of the season and not let him practice until then or play in a pre-season game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Eh. We'll see how well he holds up when the hits start coming in.
Reply/Quote
As always rooting for the guy, good man.

We will just have to wait and see how it goes.

The best route running TE in the game when healthy i just don't know if he will be the same after two back surgeries.
Reply/Quote
Well I'll be dipped in shit.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As always rooting for the guy, good man.

The best route running TE in the game when healthy i just don't know if he will be the same after two back surgeries.

ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 04:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well I'll be dipped in shit.......

Well that stinks for you... Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
8:01 a.m.: Eifert cleared to return to practice.
8:03 a.m.: Eifert critically injured by trying to push in on a pull out door; suffered 16 broken bones and will have corrective surgery next week.
Reply/Quote
Can we just wrap him up in bubble wrap and keep him tucked away till the season starts. Title might as well read "Eifert passes physical, cleared to get injured before opening game".
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 05:12 PM)Benton Wrote: 8:01 a.m.: Eifert cleared to return to practice.
8:03 a.m.: Eifert critically injured by trying to push in on a pull out door; suffered 16 broken bones and will have corrective surgery next week.

Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 05:12 PM)Benton Wrote: 8:01 a.m.: Eifert cleared to return to practice.

Don't you put that evil on him.....
Reply/Quote
I hope he has a good year and stays heathy not so much for what he can do for the team which is a lot. But he wants to pay back the fans team and city for the years we supported him. At the end of the day Tyler is a good guy and good person.
Reply/Quote
Could you imagine being the first defensive Bengals player that has to give him his first big hit since last September? I mean, somebody has to do it eventually, but I wouldn't want to be the one who breaks him again. We all know it's going to happen sooner or later.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 04:09 PM)pally Wrote: Tyler Eifert will make his long-awaited return to practice today.  He passed his physical and has been cleared to play.  Fingers crossed!

Per Dehner and Jim O

he was probly a little soar and they aren't risking anything...  (or the guy that clears him hadn't made it to camp yet...)
Reply/Quote
Here's Eifert walking to practice today

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Imagine a red zone offense with a healthy Eifert, Green, Ross and perhaps Tate. Very intriguing
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As always rooting for the guy, good man.

Tony Romo comes to mind!
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 06:07 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Could you imagine being the first defensive Bengals player that has to give him his first big hit since last September?  I mean, somebody has to do it eventually, but I wouldn't want to be the one who breaks him again.  We all know it's going to happen sooner or later.

Watch Kroft or Uzomah end up hurting him by getting "tangled" during a TE drill. Not on purpose of course.  Tongue 
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans when asked if they're the glass half empty or half full types always answer, "Certainly someone will drop the glass on a concrete floor any time now."  Just out of force of habit of course.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 07:50 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Tony Romo comes to mind!

Does, does.

Romo can still play some golf though and he isn't a bad announcer.

I just want Eifert to have atleast one more great season, he is too talented and too good of a guy for him to just fade away.

Have to root for him.
Reply/Quote