Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert says he'll be back!
Just hope it's in stripes! At some point karma has to turn in his favor - and the Bengals too... ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he comes back, it will be here.....
Reply/Quote
I heard on the radio last night that the surgery went well.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 08:32 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I heard on the radio last night that the surgery went well.

Anyone know what the surgery involved?  Bones?  Ligaments?  Both?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 09:13 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Anyone know what the surgery involved?  Bones?  Ligaments?  Both?

It involved moving his ankle from a 90 degree angle to a straight line. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
To clear it’s still 90% for from his shin only now it’s also running perpendicular to the front of the shin rather than 90% off of it.
Reply/Quote
I really hope he retires as a player to be honest. He and we have suffer a plenty with his injuries, as much as I'll miss him.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 09:13 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Anyone know what the surgery involved?  Bones?  Ligaments?  Both?

Not 100% sure but heard a doctor quoted it was similar to the Odell Beckam injury last year.  According to the doctor it is an injury you can come back from.  But who really knows, I'm sure all injuries are unique in their own way.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 09:16 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It involved moving his ankle from a 90 degree angle to a straight line. 

I want to hire you as my Dr if I break my ankle!!
Reply/Quote
Wish him luck and will support whatever decision he makes about continuing to play or retiring.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wish him the best. Maybe he should check into coaching.
Reply/Quote
Crazy for him. I'm happy that he's already made his decision. Tough dude.

I understand too. This one wasn't due to his body failing him or anything like that.. he wants a fair shot. Talented dude, hope we can get a healthy season from him.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 11:53 AM)thillan Wrote: Crazy for him. I'm happy that he's already made his decision. Tough dude.

I understand too. This one wasn't due to his body failing him or anything like that.. he wants a fair shot. Talented dude, hope we can get a healthy season from him.
Very true. As much as we have all harped on him being fragile, you have to be tough to keep coming back. That ankle isn’t going to be good on his back either.
Reply/Quote
Guy is mentally tough. Plus he came up with the best celebration ever Sunday. God speed Tyler
Reply/Quote
I fully believe he will be back in time to make the 2019 IR list.
Reply/Quote
Stuff heals stronger than it was before it was broken. Maybe he'll eventually be super-durable.

People used to say Matt Stafford was made of glass. He got past it.

Reply/Quote
That is true. Usually scar tissue is stronger than the bone itself! But, you usually get a little more limited movement. Only have one life to live, have to do your best.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 06:58 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Stuff heals stronger than it was before it was broken. Maybe he'll eventually be super-durable.

People used to say Matt Stafford was made of glass. He got past it.
And the titanium will help too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I wish him all the luck in the world.
Reply/Quote
Bring him back on a similar deal. The guy makes the offense nearly unstoppable when he is healthy. While he's rehabbing his ankle his back will have more time to heal as well. 8 games from Eifert is a huge deal. Unfortunately we only got 3.5 this year
Reply/Quote