Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert under contract for one more season
(02-02-2016, 06:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as of right now he only has 2 accrued years...

I was wrong about marvin because dispite the fact he didnt play a down he was on the roster for about 6 weeks,.

That sounds like some baseball talk right there. Eifert has 3, check out the NFL.com page on him.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tylereifert/2540148/profile
Experience: 3rd season

Next year will be his fourth. I didn't even know this RFA stuff was even an attempted topic of discussion. He'll hit his fourth year, then have his 5th year option, then he'll just be a free agent.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 07:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That sounds like some baseball talk right there.

Yup. The NFL doesn't work that way. Each year counts regardless of injury.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 08:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. The NFL doesn't work that way. Each year counts regardless of injury.

i thought you have to be on the roster for at least 6 games for it to count as a year.

It doesnt make any sense they way they have it worded if that is not the case.

the experience will go up 1 year reguardless as in PS players it will say 2nd year player... But if he wasnt on the roster for 6 games it doesnt count as a year against his practice squad eligibility.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 11:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i thought you have to be on the roster for at least 6 games for it to count as a year.

It doesnt make any sense they way they have it worded if that is not the case.

the experience will go up 1 year reguardless as in PS players it will say 2nd year player... But if he wasnt on the roster for 6 games it doesnt count as a year against his practice squad eligibility.

It's about the contract. His contract hasn't been altered at all so he's not going to be an RFA.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 10:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: My thoughts are you pay him whatever it takes to keep him. Difference maker.

Most definately, he is a TD machine, extremely rare player.

I would give him a big offer this year before he tests FA myself.

But also use the durability factor to bring the contract down a bit cause if he was healthy he would get huge offers.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Most definately, he is a TD machine, extremely rare player.

I would give him a big offer this year before he tests FA myself.

But also use the durability factor to bring the contract down a bit cause if he was healthy he would get huge offers.

There's no need to offer him anything this year. He still has his 4th year, then his 5th year option, and then if need be, they can franchise tag him for a 6th year (in 2015 it was $8.347m) there is no hurry. He won't test FA until 2018 at earliest if they choose not to franchise him.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There's no need to offer him anything this year. He still has his 4th year, then his 5th year option, and then if need be, they can franchise tag him for a 6th year (in 2015 it was $8.347m) there is no hurry. He won't test FA until 2018 at earliest if they choose not to franchise him.

Whoa, had heard this was his last year under contract a bunch on here...

Sounds like you know what you are talkin about TLL, this is good news, thanks. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Finally took the time to look up a few Eifert videos on why his production will go up...

Route running is on par with AJ Green.
TD vs Cleveland

TD vs San Diego

I fully expect Marvin Jones to go and try to be a #1 somewhere.
When Eifert becomes target #2 cleanly, I think you will see this route running put on full display.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, had heard this was his last year under contract a bunch on here...

Sounds like you know what you are talkin about TLL, this is good news, thanks. Rock On

No problem. There was someone who forgot 5th year options were a thing, and there was another person who was using baseball rules for service time and thought he'd be a RFA. But nope, still got his 4th year, plus 5th year option, and franchise tags after that if need be.

We're good on the Eifert front contractually for the next couple years. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Finally took the time to look up a few Eifert videos on why his production will go up...

Route running is on par with AJ Green.
TD vs Cleveland

TD vs San Diego

I fully expect Marvin Jones to go and try to be a #1 somewhere.
When Eifert becomes target #2 cleanly, I think you will see this route running put on full display.

Impressive no question. No wonder Housh is in awe of the man.

(02-04-2016, 05:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No problem. There was someone who forgot 5th year options were a thing, and there was another person who was using baseball rules for service time and thought he'd be a RFA. But nope, still got his 4th year, plus 5th year option, and franchise tags after that if need be.

We're good on the Eifert front contractually for the next couple years. ThumbsUp

Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 09:47 PM)513312 Wrote: In 2017, he can be franchised, will be for around 10 Million.

I would look to sign him to an 4 year,  32 million dollar extension, with a 5th year option for 10 M.  I would also make 16 MIllion of it guaranteed.

Thoughts?

Id like to see him signed up now.. Another 10 touchdown season and he will command a ton in free agency, which we know Mike wont even think about.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I get this messed up all the time, too: Eifert is under contract through 2016, but as a first round pick the team will pick up his fifth year option for 2017.
From what I understand, the team does not want him to go. But due to his health situation, don't look for them to toss a huge extension at him until they have to, which would be the fifth-year deadline of mid-July in 2017. Not saying they won't offer him one, but it will be at their number .. and of course Eifert should think he deserves top-end TE money.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote