Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert vs Gronkowski
(11-10-2015, 01:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Gronk is the best player in football who isnt a QB. 

JJ Watt says hi. 

While Gronk is outstanding, I think he's a pinch overrated. I wonder if he'd be posting 1200 yard, 15 TD type seasons if he had an average QB instead of Tom Brady. I doubt it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 07:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: JJ Watt says hi. 

While Gronk is outstanding, I think he's a pinch overrated. I wonder if he'd be posting 1200 yard, 15 TD type seasons if he had an average QB instead of Tom Brady. I doubt it.

And those schemes too.  He seems to catch more wide open passes than anyone in the game, which is really ridiculous, since he is a guy nobody should leave uncovered.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 10:00 PM)McC Wrote: And those schemes too.  He seems to catch more wide open passes than anyone in the game, which is really ridiculous, since he is a guy nobody should leave uncovered.

pats get away with a lot of rub routes(pick plays).
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
I'd say Eifert is actually more agile and likely to make really tough catches on defenders than Gronk but both have superglue hands. Gronk is just too good at everything to say Eifert is even close tho.
Reply/Quote
Give Eifert a couple more years, he is just getting started.
Reply/Quote

Carlos is tied with him with sacks
Reply/Quote
It might be just me, but I think Eifert is more comparable to Hernandez. Minus the criminal record.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 10:52 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: While waiting for MNF game, I thought I'd put this up, and see what we can come up with.

Eifert vs Gronkowski

1. Similarities?
2.  Differences?
3.  Obvious bias aside, is one better overall, than the other?

Eifert is a hell of a lot better looking.  My wife immediately wanted his jersey.  Gronk looks like he just had the bolts removed from his neck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 10:59 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Carlos is tied with him with sacks

Dunlap is having a fantastic season. Easily a career year for him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Gronk is more of a complete TE. Eifert does okay as a blocker, but Gronk does really well when asked to do it.

Bingo.  That makes him even harder to defend properly.  I can't imagine lining up to defend him knowing that he's able to either blow you up on a block to set up a screen pass or go out and catch a screen himself.  Add in his explosion off the line, reach and ability to actually highpoint the ball and there's a reason we hear his name so much.  Eifert is no slouch, and we should be elated that he's healthy and we're comparing the two.  It's just that Gronk has that extra quality that makes him harder to defend.  
Reply/Quote
Gronk is the paragon. He is at the top of his game. He is as good as he will ever be.

Eifert is really just getting started, still growing into his body and his game. We still don't know his ceiling. It will be a lot of fun seeing him reach it.

Gronk is the best at the moment. Is he the best ever? Debatable. Lots of great ones have come before him.

Will Tyler ever reach Gronk status? I'm saying it's very possible. At this point, the only clear answer is that the jury is still out.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
What would it take for NE to agree to trade Gronk to the Bengals?
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote

There's actually a pretty good thread (in Around the NFL I believe) about JJ Watt.

He's obviously very good, but does he just prey on a weak division as people claim Andrew Luck does? Statistically, he dominates the Colts, Jags, and Titans, and is awfully underwhelming (for Watt standards at least) against the rest of the NFL.

As of right now...

He has 35 sacks in 27 games against the AFCS.

He has 30.5 sacks in 45 games against other divisions combined.

It's an interesting theory to discuss if nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 10:51 AM)Adamantium Wrote: What would it take for NE to agree to trade Gronk to the Bengals?

Him being with Aaron Hernandez that night he killled someone.
Reply/Quote
Here is a link to a story on NFL.com where they rank red zone targets. They have Gronk at number one, but give a lot of love to Eifert at number three.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000577611/article/rob-gronkowski-highlights-list-of-top-redzone-threats
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The biggest thing I notice is size. While both are 6'6", Gronk has almost 20 lbs on Eifert. I think this plays a factor in how both are used. Gronk looks more like an all-around TE whereas Eifert looks like a tall, slightly big WR.

While Eifert is a fluid receiver and solid blocker, I think he can go one step further and get to 260+ lbs and become that ultra TE that Gronk and Graham have become.

Eifert is a more polished route runner than Gronk IMHO.

Both have great hands and are the best two targets at TE in the game right now, better than Graham who is not a
good blocker at all and Graham looks skinnier than Eifert out there so i don't get why you think Eifert should add any
weight. I think he is fine just the way he is, gaining weight would just make him slower. Graham weighs more just
cause he is 6'8".

Eifert is an ultra TE right now. More-so than the Seahawks Graham who they don't know how to use.
Reply/Quote

I would take Gronk over Watt any day of the week. 

Watt had one of his best years ever last year and his team sucked. Gronk missed the first half of the season last year and his team sucked. When he came back, the Pats were nearly unstoppable. He is the difference maker for that offense.

Also, I just think play makers on offense have a ceiling. There is only so much they can do. An offensive play maker on the other hand has much more upside and impact on the game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 01:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dunlap is having a fantastic season. Easily a career year for him.

A lot of that is attributed to the return of Atkins, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 11:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: There's actually a pretty good thread (in Around the NFL I believe) about JJ Watt.

He's obviously very good, but does he just prey on a weak division as people claim Andrew Luck does? Statistically, he dominates the Colts, Jags, and Titans, and is awfully underwhelming (for Watt standards at least) against the rest of the NFL.

As of right now...

He has 35 sacks in 27 games against the AFCS.

He has 30.5 sacks in 45 games against other divisions combined.

It's an interesting theory to discuss if nothing else.

interesting stat. I went and checked out around the NFL and couldn't find.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 01:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: A lot of that is attributed to the return of Atkins, though. 

lots of DEs have gotten big pay days after working with a dominate DT its what a Great DT does collapse the pocket and force the QB to the ends
Reply/Quote