Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert vs Gronkowski
(11-10-2015, 11:41 AM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Can u imagine gronk and eifert on the same team with brady??? Good god

I think I'd rather imagine Eifert and Gronk on the same team with Andy instead. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 05:10 PM)jgott32 Wrote: interesting stat. I went and checked out around the NFL and couldn't find.

It was on reddit. R/nfl
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Gronk>Eifert

Eifert=Olson

Eifert has more upside than Olson though.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 08:26 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Gronk>Eifert

Eifert=Olson

Gronk has been doing it longer... But hes not the best TE in the league this year thru 8 games
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:15 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: I think I'd rather imagine Eifert and Gronk on the same team with Andy instead. Big Grin

We took Gresham instead....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 01:08 PM)Pezmerga Wrote: We took Gresham instead....

Yeah i wanted Gronk but at the time he had just had back surgery and was a big Question mark on the longetivty of his career i think.

Gresham had a full year to recover before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 08:26 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Gronk>Eifert

Eifert=Olson

Eh, i disagree right now and so do the stats.

Eifert is the best redzone TE in the league right now by quite a ways. Much better than Greg Olsen for heck sake.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 12:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Gronk has been doing it longer... But hes not the best TE in the league this year thru 8 games

Yes, he is. I love Eifert. I even love Olsen who is on my fantasy team, but Gronk is averaging 86.6 YDS/G. That is 8 higher than the number two in the league. Eifert isn't even in the top ten at 54.2. He has seven more receptions and averages 4.1 more yards per catch. Eifert may have a couple more TDs and has been a slightly bigger redzone threat, but not enough to say he is better than Gronk. Gronk is no slouch in the redzone either. Now, I am not entirely sure about blocking, but I think Eifert has been doing well enough and based on reputation (which could be very wrong), Gronk is supposed to be a good blocker. 

If you weren't talked about Eifert, who is the better TE?
Reply/Quote
Gronk is Brady's primary target all over the field, not just in the redzone. Eifert is on a team with so many more targets, and therefore the ball gets spread around a lot more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 06:21 PM)Earendil Wrote: Gronk is Brady's primary target all over the field, not just in the redzone.  Eifert is on a team with so many more targets, and therefore the ball gets spread around a lot more.

Spot on.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 04:15 PM)MrRager Wrote: Yes, he is. I love Eifert. I even love Olsen who is on my fantasy team, but Gronk is averaging 86.6 YDS/G. That is 8 higher than the number two in the league. Eifert isn't even in the top ten at 54.2. He has seven more receptions and averages 4.1 more yards per catch. Eifert may have a couple more TDs and has been a slightly bigger redzone threat, but not enough to say he is better than Gronk. Gronk is no slouch in the redzone either. Now, I am not entirely sure about blocking, but I think Eifert has been doing well enough and based on reputation (which could be very wrong), Gronk is supposed to be a good blocker. 

If you weren't talked about Eifert, who is the better TE?

to be a TEs value isnt yards per game.

Its TDs in the redzone and critical 3rd down catches.... which eifert is basically top in the league at.
Reply/Quote
Lol at people comparing Eifert to Gronk. Eifert is no Gronk. He was a disgrace tonight.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:48 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Lol at people comparing Eifert to Gronk. Eifert is no Gronk. He was a disgrace tonight.

choke!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: to be a TEs value isnt yards per game.

Its TDs in the redzone and critical 3rd down catches....  which eifert is basically top in the league at.

And Gronk is very very close to him. Close enough that the massive difference in yardage clearly makes him better. Eifert sure was gold on 3rd down today...
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:48 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Lol at people comparing Eifert to Gronk. Eifert is no Gronk. He was a disgrace tonight.

No doubt, I don't believe Gronk has ever dropped that many passes in a game. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:50 AM)bengalman5328 Wrote: choke!!!!!!!!

sorry was a member of the bengals.com board and just now finally got internet after 3yrs hate for that to be my first post on here but im so ticked i had to say it
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:53 AM)bengalman5328 Wrote: sorry was a member of the bengals.com board and just now finally got internet after 3yrs hate for that to be my first post on here but im so ticked i had to say it

Ticked? I'm furious. Eifert was down right shitty tonight...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

Terrible night. Lets not pretend he's not a great player though.

Just another in a long list of players who have choked in the bright lights for us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Eifert definitely couldn't shake the curse.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just another in a long list of players who have choked in the bright lights for us.

Seems to be a common thread for us unfortunately.  :snark:
Reply/Quote