Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eiffert #2 te in league this season?
(10-13-2015, 08:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Nobody can take "u" seriously either, lol, the feeling is mutual. So who's your team? Coward.

Hey kid, you've got issues.  little boy, I've been a Bengals fan for more years than you've been on earth.  
ute kid.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 07:26 PM)Cinnno Wrote: Don't get your panties in a bunch simply because I have a different opinion.  Let me soothe your hurt feelings. Pay attention.  Some of you are out of sorts because I disagree on Eifert.  Give it a break.  So we don't agree, big deal. 

You threw out bullshit and I called you out on it!!  It has nothing to do with disagreeing!!!

Anybody want to take a guess on how old this kid is?  I'm thinking 13 or 14.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 07:39 PM)Cinnno Wrote: Hey kid, are you serious? A fair fight?  LMAO!  
This is ridiculous.  I've got 3 Mitches angry with me because of my assessment of a player.  HILARIOUS!
Cut it out guys.
Fyi kid, I can't take u seriously.

Your "assessment of a player" included what seemed like attempting to pull the race card. You're an idiot.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 05:22 PM)Cinnno Wrote: Typical cincinnati lynch mob mentality,  bash Gresham in order to build up another.  Let's be clear, give Eifert credit, along with catching wide open passes (while not being covered) he did make two while covered.  Eifert is clearly a pass catching TE, while his blocking is below average.  He benefits from having a very good o-line, which doesn't require him to block often, but more importantly,  he has AJ, MJ, and Sanu to open it up for his uncovered, wide open passes.  Right now, he's no more than a safety valve.  No. 2 TE in the league,  that's laughable.

Gresham sucks. Eifert is amazing. Get over it.

"Safety valve"  LMAO
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 08:29 PM)Cinnno Wrote: Hey kid, you've got issues.  little boy, I've been a Bengals fan for more years than you've been on earth.  
ute kid.

Strange every single post you have on this forum is about Eifert....dating all the way back to the first preseason game.....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A little concerned that our other TEs don't have a catch, do they?

I'd like to see a pass thrown their way just to see what we got.

Technically we threw to Fisher as a TE I suppose.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 05:27 PM)DWhoDeyWho Wrote: Gresham is that you?

If it's not, it's somebody close to him. 

Gresh was a liability. Tyler makes defenders a liability. Ask Cam Chancellor about it. 

*Didn't Gresh also refer to Cinci as segregated?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 09:56 PM)EatonFan Wrote: A little concerned that our other TEs don't have a catch, do they?

I'd like to see a pass thrown their way just to see what we got.

Technically we threw to Fisher as a TE I suppose.

I'm not too concerned because this offense has so many mouths to feed. 

Kroft will probably have his number called a few times before the season's over.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:49 PM)420bengalbuckeye Wrote: Gresham woulda had 3 catches for 20 yards,2 false starts,a holding and a fumble

And thats before half time. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gresham sucks. Eifert is amazing. Get over it.

"Safety valve"  LMAO

That first line is pretty harsh.

Gresham was the best TE we've had here in a reallly long time until Eifert showed up. He was good for a couple of penalties, fumbles, and drops each year (like every single other TE in the league though most want to ignore that), but he also extended plays and made some really nice third down conversions in his time here. Gresh gets a bit too much love from a couple people, but let's be real, he gets WAY too much hate from the majority.

I was very nervous going into this season with only Eifert + 2 rookies, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I think the Gresham bashing is unwarranted though, he doesn't "suck", he just didn't live up to his draft status and didn't really get near his potential. The dude can block reasonably well and hey, it's really not his fault that the playcalling for TEs was what it was when he was in town. The Bengals very rarely tried to get the ball downfield to Gresham, and he was perfectly capable of catching those passes. Unfortunately, he was obviously a disgruntled employee for some time and it was best for the team to let him go elsewhere even though I didn't agree with that over the offseason.

I'll admit that I was among those that overrated him during some of his time here, but 5 years, 280 catches, 2,770+ yards, 24 TDs, 139 first downs, and some solid blocking doesn't deserve the kind of hate the guy receives around these parts.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 05:22 PM)Cinnno Wrote: Typical cincinnati lynch mob mentality,  bash Gresham in order to build up another.  Let's be clear, give Eifert credit, along with catching wide open passes (while not being covered) he did make two while covered.  Eifert is clearly a pass catching TE, while his blocking is below average.  He benefits from having a very good o-line, which doesn't require him to block often, but more importantly,  he has AJ, MJ, and Sanu to open it up for his uncovered, wide open passes.  Right now, he's no more than a safety valve.  No. 2 TE in the league,  that's laughable.

Your right buddy,we should just cut eiffert and trade for gresham bc he was just a great blocker and reliable,right?
Reply/Quote
Eifferts blocking has been great,hes been beat 1 time by dummerville a pro bowl edge rusher,and you wanna know what he hasnt had ?? A holding penalty,did gresham ever have those????????? I dont recall
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 10:58 AM)420bengalbuckeye Wrote: Eifferts blocking has been great,hes been beat 1 time by dummerville a pro bowl edge rusher,and you wanna know what he hasnt had ?? A holding penalty,did gresham ever have those????????? I dont recall

Gresham had an obscene amount of holding calls against him between 2012 and 2013 (5 and 6 each year respectively), however, he only has 2 total holding calls in his other 3 years as a pro combined.

2010 - 2 false start, 1 hold, 1 unnecessary roughness
2011 - 5 false start, 1 OPI
2012 - 3 false start, 6 hold
2013 - 4 false start, 5 hold, 1 unsportsmanlike, 1 declined OPI
2014 - 3 false start, 1 hold, 1 illegal motion

He led the league in penalties by a TE twice in his career and was in the top 10 on 2 other occasions (top 5 one of those).

If there's any validity to the Gresham bashing, it's when people bring up the mental errors and penalties. Gresham was definitely a solid blocker and his hands weren't terrible despite what many like to say around here.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 09:03 AM)djs7685 Wrote: That first line is pretty harsh.

Gresham was the best TE we've had here in a reallly long time until Eifert showed up. He was good for a couple of penalties, fumbles, and drops each year (like every single other TE in the league though most want to ignore that), but he also extended plays and made some really nice third down conversions in his time here. Gresh gets a bit too much love from a couple people, but let's be real, he gets WAY too much hate from the majority.

I was very nervous going into this season with only Eifert + 2 rookies, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I think the Gresham bashing is unwarranted though, he doesn't "suck", he just didn't live up to his draft status and didn't really get near his potential. The dude can block reasonably well and hey, it's really not his fault that the playcalling for TEs was what it was when he was in town. The Bengals very rarely tried to get the ball downfield to Gresham, and he was perfectly capable of catching those passes. Unfortunately, he was obviously a disgruntled employee for some time and it was best for the team to let him go elsewhere even though I didn't agree with that over the offseason.

I'll admit that I was among those that overrated him during some of his time here, but 5 years, 280 catches, 2,770+ yards, 24 TDs, 139 first downs, and some solid blocking doesn't deserve the kind of hate the guy receives around these parts.

That's really not saying much. After Tony McGee, we had a long line of scrubs at TE. Gresh had decent stats here, but I think that was by default really. We never really had an established #2 WR during his tenure. Now he's gone and Dalton is having his best season. Makes you wonder. 

As for the playcalling, maybe Gresh just didn't have the talent to do the things that Eifert is doing. I don't think the coaches just inexplicably figured things out after Gresh left. I think it's just that Gresh was incapable of doing the things that Eifert is doing right now. That seems far more likely to me.

Btw, Gresh has 5 catches for 51 yards in 5 games for AZ. "Sucks" is harsh, but maybe the dude just wasn't that good? Silly idea, I know.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's really not saying much. After Tony McGee, we had a long line of scrubs at TE. Gresh had decent stats here, but I think that was by default really. We never really had an established #2 WR during his tenure. Now he's gone and Dalton is having his best season. Makes you wonder. 

As for the playcalling, maybe Gresh just didn't have the talent to do the things that Eifert is doing. I don't think the coaches just inexplicably figured things out after Gresh left. I think it's just that Gresh was incapable of doing the things that Eifert is doing right now. That seems far more likely to me.

Btw, Gresh has 5 catches for 51 yards in 5 games for AZ. "Sucks" is harsh, but maybe the dude just wasn't that good? Silly idea, I know.

Oh I'll definitely agree that Eifert can do things that Gresham couldn't, or at least do things Gresh can but better.

I know the guy had his issues, I just think saying "Gresham sucks" doesn't really represent exactly what he did here. He had the penalties and some fumbles, but he also produced at times and looked great for short periods. I will never say he's elite and he clearly had a LOT more potential that will likely never be put onto an NFL field, but I don't think he sucks. I also don't think what he's doing this year is indicative of his exact ability either.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 04:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Oh I'll definitely agree that Eifert can do things that Gresham couldn't, or at least do things Gresh can but better.

I know the guy had his issues, I just think saying "Gresham sucks" doesn't really represent exactly what he did here. He had the penalties and some fumbles, but he also produced at times and looked great for short periods. I will never say he's elite and he clearly had a LOT more potential that will likely never be put onto an NFL field, but I don't think he sucks. I also don't think what he's doing this year is indicative of his exact ability either.

yeah gresham was overall solid... we gave him a lot of crap besides the occansional penalty usually at the worst possible moment it seemed at the time was the fumbles during extra effort.

But its really not a great comparision i dont think we sent gresham down the field during his time here 1/2 as much as what eifert will do this season
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 04:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Oh I'll definitely agree that Eifert can do things that Gresham couldn't, or at least do things Gresh can but better.

Lol. You're reading way to much into it. Look, I said Gresh "sucks" just to tweak the guy who just got banned. I don't really think he flat out sucks, but I wouldn't say he's a good player, either. He's about as mediocre as they come. His stats were solid, but the ball was forced his way quite a bit by default and he made quite a few mental mistakes.

Just like with Keith Rivers, people make so many excuses for the guy, and just like Keith Rivers, I think Gresh is going to have a pretty unimpressive end to his career. I do think what he's doing this year is indicative of his ability. We'll just have to agree to disagree there.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 04:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol. You're reading way to much into it. Look, I said Gresh "sucks" just to tweak the guy who just got banned. I don't really think he flat out sucks, but I wouldn't say he's a good player, either. He's about as mediocre as they come. His stats were solid, but the ball was forced his way quite a bit by default and he made quite a few mental mistakes.

Just like with Keith Rivers, people make so many excuses for the guy, and just like Keith Rivers, I think Gresh is going to have a pretty unimpressive end to his career. I do think what he's doing this year is indicative of his ability. We'll just have to agree to disagree there.

He did have a back issue that caused him to miss a lot of the offseason which would probly not help him be fully up to speed on that offense just yet.

Gresham has talent just mental lapses. we should just wish him well with his career and enjoy our new shiny healthy toy thats doing things we didnt think we could do with TEs here in Cincy lol
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He did have a back issue that caused him to miss a lot of the offseason which would probly not help him be fully up to speed on that offense just yet.

Gresham has talent just mental lapses. we should just wish him well with his career and enjoy our new shiny healthy toy thats doing things we didnt think we could do with TEs here in Cincy lol

The Cards signed him on July 24th. That's plenty of time to digest the playbook. He's already familiar with their QB. We're in week 5, he's healthy enough to have played the last 5 weeks and some preseason. Yet he's stuck behind Daniel Fells (who?). But yeah, Gresh is great. LOL

I wish him well as a person, but I don't give a rats behind about him as a player. He's an Arizona Cardinal and I'm a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 04:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just like with Keith Rivers, people make so many excuses for the guy, and just like Keith Rivers, I think Gresh is going to have a pretty unimpressive end to his career. I do think what he's doing this year is indicative of his ability. We'll just have to agree to disagree there.

Dude, really? People make so many excuses for Gresham!? What board are you reading? 93% of Gresh mentions are going overboard trashing the guy.

Keith Rivers was just bad and didn't even start a full season in his entire NFL career. He was a huge bust. At least we got a few solid years and some good blocking out of Gresham. He may end up having an unimpressive ending to his career but he's definitely done more than people like you will ever give him credit for.

I'll never understand how someone will come onto a board where any mention of a guy is bashing him and claim he gets excuses made for him. I haven't seen anyone outside of a banned troll say that he was anything more than a solid contributor that takes too much unwarranted heat from people.
Reply/Quote