Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics
California is red, Texas is blue, cats chased dogs and your shirt wore you in 1960. On a side note, it is amazingly sad that the president himself is making statements about an election being rigged and not even doing the most cursory of research or caring the least bit about the veracity of his statements.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's see if readers can tell if this was a peaceful protest outside a home or if pounding on the doors and threatening the people inisde makes it different.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/idaho-official-blames-gop-after-armed-protesters-threaten-her-kids-take-a-hard-look-at-what-youve-become/#.X9Ei1zwTly4.twitter

Quote:Idaho official blames GOP after ‘armed protesters’ threaten her kids: ‘Take a hard look at what you’ve become’

A county commissioner in Ohio on Wednesday blamed Republican leaders after people opposing COVID-19 safety measures frightened her children.

Ada County Commissioner Diana Lachiondo was forced to abruptly leave a Board of Health meeting on Tuesday because her home had been surrounded.

“My 12-year-old son is home by himself right now, and there are protesters banging outside the door,” she told health officials at the time.

Lachiondo suggested in a series of tweets on Wednesday that Republicans had incited the event.

“And as our federal and state officials have consistently failed to provide the kind of leadership needed in this moment of crisis, those responsibilities have fallen on local leaders, health board members, and public health employees,” she wrote. “As they’ve accepted that responsibility, stepping up to make tough calls in the interest of public health, they have paid a heavy price. The scrutiny, intimidation, harassment, and threats have taken a toll on us all, myself included.”

According to Lachiondo, “armed protestors once again assembled outside my home: yelling, banging, firing air horns, amplifying sound clips from Scarface, accusing me of tyranny and cowering inside.”
Even though she was not inside of her home at the time, Lachiondo said that her two young sons and mother were at the residence.

“There is an ugliness and cruelty in our national rhetoric that is reaching a fevered pitch here at home, and that should worry us all. And, above all, I am terrified about the virus’s current trajectory,” she lamented.

Lachiondo said that she is “calling on Republican leaders who have politicized public health, who have amplified rhetoric, capitalized on it, tacitly endorsed it while holding hands with the most extreme factions in their party: take a hard look at what you’ve become.”

“It’s far past time to do better,” she insisted.

Read Lachiondo’s tweets below.

Also I don't see where anyone was arrested.  Maybe that's just a Democrat thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: California is red, Texas is blue, cats chased dogs and your shirt wore you in 1960.  On a side note, it is amazingly sad that the president himself is making statements about an election being rigged and not even doing the most cursory of research or caring the least bit about the veracity of his statements.

Kennedy lost more states and carried the popular vote.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Kennedy lost more states and carried the popular vote.

I see Biden and Trump split 25/25....wacky. At any rate, it's also funny that Trump claims this was the most corrupt rigged election ever and we should have a redo but he states that it is a FACT that he won Ohio and Florida. I assume the idea Trump re-do for the election would be to call the red states for Trump and re-vote in all the blue states minus CA, NY, and DC.
Reply/Quote
Trump working on his enemies list...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Let's see if readers can tell if this was a peaceful protest outside a home or if pounding on the doors and threatening the people inisde makes it different.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/idaho-official-blames-gop-after-armed-protesters-threaten-her-kids-take-a-hard-look-at-what-youve-become/#.X9Ei1zwTly4.twitter

Also I don't see where anyone was arrested.  Maybe that's just a Democrat thing.

No one got arrested during the protests outside other officials home during the George Floyd protests either.  Consistency, it's something to strive for.  BLM protestors were banging on Jackie Lacey's front door, none of them got arrested.

I do find it amusing that you're suddenly against protesting outside the home of elected officials.  I've been against them all along, I don't think anyone should have protestors outside their private residence.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No one got arrested during the protests outside other officials home during the George Floyd protests either.  Consistency, it's something to strive for.  BLM protestors were banging on Jackie Lacey's front door, none of them got arrested.

I do find it amusing that you're suddenly against protesting outside the home of elected officials.  I've been against them all along, I don't think anyone should have protestors outside their private residence.

Once again you have misrepresented what "I am against"...although there are two very real possibilities why:

1) You can't see the truth from way up there on that high horse. (<-- sarcasm!)

2) You don't care and want to lie about what what I have said. 

Then you decry the "personal attacks" and "lying" from others.

In the end I care about neither the reason nor your lying about what I said because your constant and petty attempts just make you look sad and small.  

Take it up with someone who will fight with you or comment on the content posted.  Choice is yours.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No one got arrested during the protests outside other officials home during the George Floyd protests either.  Consistency, it's something to strive for.  BLM protestors were banging on Jackie Lacey's front door, none of them got arrested.

From a psychological perspective, I'd say it's open for debate whether weapons can even be brandished in a manner that is "peaceful."  I'm clearly not saying carrying a gun should be considered a threat, but making it clear that you are against someone/unhappy with someone and you are gleefully armed can start bordering on a threat in some ways.

I guess the political figure aspect must make it a protest and therefore covered under peaceful.  I'm not talking from experience here, but I wouldn't recommend standing outside your ex wife's house with a gun and screaming about how much you hate her.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Once again you have misrepresented what "I am against"...although there are two very real possibilities why:

1) You can't see the truth from way up there on that high horse. (<-- sarcasm!)

2) You don't care and want to lie about what what I have said. 

Then you decry the "personal attacks" and "lying" from others.

In the end I care about neither the reason nor your lying about what I said because your constant and petty attempts just make you look sad and small.  

Take it up with someone who will fight with you or comment on the content posted.  Choice is yours.

You'd need to demonstrate a factual difference between the protests for your position to not be contradictory.  The sad thing is I'm on your side, I don't think people should be protested outside their private residences.  The difference is I think that way in all instances, and you apparently don't when you support the protestors positions.

(12-09-2020, 04:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: From a psychological perspective, I'd say it's open for debate whether weapons can even be brandished in a manner that is "peaceful."  I'm clearly not saying carrying a gun should be considered a threat, but making it clear that you are against someone/unhappy with someone and you are gleefully armed can start bordering on a threat in some ways.

Oh, to be sure.  But as long as no law is broken it's no different than having an angry screaming mob outside your home.  Both are specifically designed to intimidate, which is why I'm universally opposed to the idea.

Quote:I guess the political figure aspect must make it a protest and therefore covered under peaceful.  I'm not talking from experience here, but I wouldn't recommend standing outside your ex wife's house with a gun and screaming about how much you hate her.

You could, as long as you weren't breaking the law.  Also, during the BLM protests private citizens had protestors outside their home because they did/said/posted something that those protestors found objectionable.  Again, I don't agree with this type of action under any circumstances, but GM has routinely defended such protests in the past.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'd need to demonstrate a factual difference between the protests for your position to not be contradictory.  The sad thing is I'm on your side, I don't think people should be protested outside their private residences.  The difference is I think that way in all instances, and you apparently don't when you support the protestors positions.

Oh, to be sure.  But as long as no law is broken it's no different than having an angry screaming mob outside your home.  Both are specifically designed to intimidate, which is why I'm universally opposed to the idea.

You could, as long as you weren't breaking the law.  Also, during the BLM protests private citizens had protestors outside their home because they did/said/posted something that those protestors found objectionable.  Again, I don't agree with this type of action under any circumstances, but GM has routinely defended such protests in the past.

I hear ya, I have to dust off my brain back to my BA to recall old school social psychology experiments where they found even imagery of weaponry made people respond in more aggressive manners.  I don't need to tell anyone that seeing someone armed raises the tension level of any situation to "not much can go right" levels.  Between stuff like this and hearing stories about one of my college friends who had a judge for a father needing armed guards on occasion, I'm beyond glad my parents were nobodies. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, I have to dust off my brain back to my BA to recall old school social psychology experiments where they found even imagery of weaponry made people respond in more aggressive manners.  I don't need to tell anyone that seeing someone armed raises the tension level of any situation to "not much can go right" levels.  Between stuff like this and hearing stories about one of my college friends who had a judge for a father needing armed guards on occasion, I'm beyond glad my parents were nobodies. 

To be fair some also think if the protestors are even walking by your home you should be able to threaten THEM with weapons because they might have broke a gate or something.

Anyway...back to the nuts challenging the vote:

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: To be fair some also think if the protestors are even walking by your home you should be able to threaten THEM with weapons because they might have broke a gate or something.

Anyway...back to the nuts challenging the vote:

That whole Rachel the Patriot thing seems a bit wacky, but even if she wears a bodycam that shows no fraud taking place aren't people going to argue that said footage doesn't prove that no fraud took place?  What's the point? 

Maybe I'm oversimplifying things and/or being a biased/brainwashed idiot, but isn't it basically

Trump/Republicans win = legit election, will of the people, god bless the usa
Biden/Democrats win = fraud

at this point?
Reply/Quote
One of the reason Trump's potential plan to pardon everyone is such a big deal.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: One of the reason Trump's potential plan to pardon everyone is such a big deal.

Let me look into my crystal ball....

January 2021

Trump pardons himself and his family

Trump Supporters - Good thing he had the power to pardon himself and his family from all those fake crimes liberals tried to pin on them!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: To be fair some also think if the protestors are even walking by your home you should be able to threaten THEM with weapons because they might have broke a gate or something.

When those protestors are trespassing on private property, i.e. breaking the law, the bar for feeling threatened by their presence is lowered.  It's still up for debate, to be sure, but it's a far cry from people protesting on a public street.  I appreciate your conceding the point though.  Sometimes it takes the shoe being on the other foot to realize the errors in our previous positions.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let me look into my crystal ball....

January 2021

Trump pardons himself and his family

Trump Supporters - Good thing he had the power to pardon himself and his family from all those fake crimes liberals tried to pin on them!

He is their Jesus Christ.  They even denied knowing him when he was accused!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Mellow

[Image: 130904214_10225735619843891_186687053890...e=5FF7BA9D]

This like the end of Miracle on 34th street and they think that if they get enough letters the court will have to accept that Trump really won.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

This like the end of Miracle on 34th street and they think that if they get enough letters the court will have to accept that Trump really won.

I was under the impression that only lazy unemployed liberals had time to do crap like this. Also, if/when this doesn't work it's just "proof" that liberals took all the letters and burned them.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

This has to be from a Democrat troll.

The last thing the White house wants to deal with is millions of letters. 
Reply/Quote