Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Elephant in the Room
(11-01-2021, 06:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Feel the Elephant in the room is the O-line not being able to get any push on short yardage plays that are obvious running plays.

Hopkins is a problem. No two ways about it.

He has never been a good run blocker, but he was always solid in pass protection - and now that’s not even the case.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 06:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopkins is a problem. No two ways about it.

He has never been a good run blocker, but he was always solid in pass protection - and now that’s not even the case.

Played better Pre Pollack.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is it time to panic over Burrow's 4th quarter interceptions? These are happening too frequently from a top tier qb.

He's got to get these interceptions under control.

Nah, the one yesterday was just a great play by Lawson. It he was doing more of the Bears game thing I would be concerned.

The ones that concern me are the ones in the Bears game and that one INT in OT against the Packers.

Those need to stop. I think he will get it under control.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 06:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopkins is a problem. No two ways about it.

a major problem 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Need to start Trey Hill at Center and get Karras before the deadline if this keeps up.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 07:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Played better Pre Pollack.. 

LOL

Played better pre-torn ACL, too…

Which I’d imagine is a pretty tough injury for a big man to come back from. But sure, blame Pollack because reasons!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is it time to panic over Burrow's 4th quarter interceptions? These are happening too frequently from a top tier qb.

He's got to get these interceptions under control.

Tiger

Its definitely concerning but I just feel that this team is learning how to win and sustaining success. It reminds me of what the 90's Cowboys went through. Also, Zac Taylor is learning on the job as well so the ride will have highs & lows. These next few weeks will be interesting. I personally thought the Raiders would be that reset game but is upon the team now.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 06:33 PM)Synric Wrote: There was no running away or throwing it away. The defender was already in his face as he turned back to the line after booting. Two choices throw it or take a sack. Was a great play by Lawson.

Yea…that comment was a “tell me you know nothing about quarterbacking without saying it directly” type comment.
Reply/Quote
I think Joe is trying to be better with the ball, we saw him throw it away maybe for the first time all year, lol. Something he has to work on, the tipped balls are starting to turn him into Joe Dalton.

Mike White had clear lanes to pass through, nobody to block his pass, would be nice for Joe to get that.
Reply/Quote
This is just looking for a problem. He’s had like 18 starts. He had a weird run of picks against Chicago.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think Joe is trying to be better with the ball, we saw him throw it away maybe for the first time all year, lol. Something he has to work on, the tipped balls are starting to turn him into Joe Dalton.

Mike White had clear lanes to pass through, nobody to block his pass,
would be nice for Joe to get that.

Somebody remind me how many batted passes Hubbard had Sunday?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody remind me how many batted passes Hubbard had Sunday?

That would be 3. No idea what game Rueben was watching. Hubbard looked like prime Dunlap out there batting balls down. He was one of the only highlights of a lousy defensive performance.

Reply/Quote
Folks get defensive when you question players they like. Burrow leads the NFL in INTs; nothing wrong with suggesting it might be a problem
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks get defensive when you question players they like. Burrow leads the NFL in INTs; nothing wrong with suggesting it might be a problem

No not really a problem unless you assume QBs in their second year can’t learn anymore.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No not really a problem unless you assume QBs in their second year can’t learn anymore.

Not even sure what that means...

So is it a problem or not? 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks get defensive when you question players they like. Burrow leads the NFL in INTs; nothing wrong with suggesting it might be a problem

Nah. Some guy named Mahomes does…

Anyway, I would assume everyone likes Burrow, but then again, people are strange.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not even sure what that means...

So is it a problem or not? 

It means he’s a second year QB and worrying about some growing pains is ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah. Some guy named Mahomes does…

Anyway, I would assume everyone likes Burrow, but then again, people are strange.

Everyone should like Burrow. 

Are Burrow's INTs a problem or not? 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It means he’s a second year QB and worrying about some growing pains is ridiculous.

So that's a no? The INTs are not a problem. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everyone should like Burrow. 

Are Burrow's INTs a problem or not? 

More just something to keep an eye on at this point. If he finishes the season with 40+ TD’s and somewhere in the high teens in INT’s I think we’ll be talking about the first number more than the second.

I’m just not worried about it. Mainly because a few of them were off tipped balls, or right through a WR’s hands. Only a couple of them have been total head scratchers were he didn’t read the coverage correctly.

Reply/Quote