Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Elephant in the Room
(11-07-2021, 10:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ok and he is top ten in most categories 19 games into his career with a crap interior line. People act like he won’t be able to learn from mistakes. Like in his second year he’s become what he will always be.

how is his learning curve in Ints been last 5 games? don;t we expect more from him,  some seem to be fine criticizing all other players or coaches, but Burrow is like the Dalia Lama behind any type of critique..  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rep

Also, those that just keep repeating “but #1 pick” over and over should take a look at Trevor Lawrence’s numbers right now…

Me? I’m thankful we have Burrow. He played like shit today, but I’m not making any more out of it than that. 6 good-great games, 1, mediocre game, and 2 really bad games so far this season. You obviously want to see improvement (and like you pointed out we have), but for a young, semi-inexperienced QB - - coming off a major injury…you have to like a lot of what you see. And he very hopeful for the future.

Yeah it just blows my mind. And you pointed to the major injury. Most of his off-season he was doing rehab. I’m sure he watched a crapload of film, but he would have been very limited in what he could work on physically.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: stop deflecting the issue.. it is not about Dalton.. it is about Burrow.. as you stated you were not on here in 2013.. but i assume you watched the Bengals in 2013, there was less worry on Dalton since he won games in the 4th quarter and had taken us to playoffs  his first two seasons and overachieved by his draft pick status.. Burrow is totally different.. are you telling me that you are not concerned about what you are seeing of late from Burrow as #1 pick?

I didn’t bring up Dalton (I never do), I merely responded to the assertion that “it’s fair to question if Dalton was better.” Which is silly if Joe throwing a lot of picks is the sole basis of said claim. Considering Dalton also had seasons where he threw a ton of them.

Anyway, what good will come from being “concerned” about it? It’s up to Burrow to cut down the picks. Me freaking out about them does nothing. And before today he was throwing a ton of TD’s to go with them. If he starts throwing picks without the TD’s on a regular basis then I’ll be concerned. But so far that’s only happened once in 9 games.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: how is his learning curve in Ints been last 5 games? don;t we expect more from him,  some seem to be fine criticizing all other players or coaches, but Burrow is like the Dalia Lama behind any type of critique..  

Five games? A QBs big initial learning curve is over several years.

I didn’t say don’t criticize him. What I am saying is be realistic in your expectations. He’s a top ten QB in many categories and a top five in several.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He also needs to stop trying to tackle after turnovers.

Got his ankles broken on the Pick 6 attempt at a tackle.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Good post. I bet Nicomo doesn’t even remember pick 6 palmer

(11-07-2021, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Throwing a lot of picks doesn’t necessarily negate being a franchise QB. Mahomes is doing the same thing this year. Palmer was literally nicknamed “pick 6 Palmer” by the end of his time here, and yet he still went on to be a franchise QB for Arizona.

We should be able criticize Burrow without longing for Andy Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t bring up Dalton (I never do),

LMAO

the absolute balls on this guy Nicomo
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Yea, and he was heavily criticized for it. You know, being the #1 overall pick and all

Nobody had those expectations for the 2nd round qb
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's fair to wonder if Dalton was better? He certainly was at equal points of their career.

The talent question between the two teams 2011-2012/2020-2021 is a wash at this point, so we should be able to compare the two QB's by now.

Burrow needs to be a game manager and not a "gun slinger". His arm isn't Farves and he can't be one in the NFL.

(11-07-2021, 09:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The boy loves to bring up Dalton whenever he can

For the record this ^ was the first person to bring up Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wasn’t on the old board, but was there this this much mass hysteria when Dalton was throwing a ton of picks (20) in 2013?

Hmm clearly you brought it up first

Nicomo I didn’t take you for being such a petty little liar.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  If that is true on criticize why bring Dalton up ??? which you did...  another deflection this is not about Mahomes.. this about our QB that we watch 100 percent of the time as a whole and his picks are more about  timing.. interesting stat this year.. he has 9 picks when he throws 30 or more passes.. maybe throw less , run more will help him and Bengals..

I DID NOT BRING HIM UP.

JJ22 did. Take it up with him. But when someone makes the claim “it’s fair to question if Dalton was better than Burrow” people are going to reply.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I DID NOT BRING HIM UP.

JJ22 did. Take it up with him. But when someone makes the claim “it’s fair to question if Dalton was better than Burrow” people are going to reply.

Yes you did.. here is your quote on Dalton: I wasn’t on the old board, but was there this this much mass hysteria when Dalton was throwing a ton of picks (20) in 2013?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hmm clearly you brought it up first

Nicomo I didn’t take you for being such a petty little liar.

You should pay closer attention. That was my response to JJ22’s post where he brought up Dalton. And not just casually either. No - - to literally question whether Dalton was better than Burrow. And people aren’t supposed to respond to that? Please.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I DID NOT BRING HIM UP.

Oh snap

He’s getting feisty!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's fair to wonder if Dalton was better? He certainly was at equal points of their career.

The talent question between the two teams 2011-2012/2020-2021 is a wash at this point, so we should be able to compare the two QB's by now.

Burrow needs to be a game manager and not a "gun slinger". His arm isn't Farves and he can't be one in the NFL.

(11-07-2021, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wasn’t on the old board, but was there this this much mass hysteria when Dalton was throwing a ton of picks (20) in 2013?

(11-07-2021, 10:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes you did.. here is your quote on Dalton: I wasn’t on the old board, but was there this this much mass hysteria when Dalton was throwing a ton of picks (20) in 2013?

:facepalm:

Look. At. The. Time. Stamps.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facepalm

Wow you’re really butt hurt about this

Listen, stop brining up past qb’s
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Wow you’re really butt hurt about this

Listen, stop brining up past qb’s

Go back under your bridge, Frank. You were nowhere to be seen when things were going good.

Reply/Quote
I was not the first to bring up Dalton in this thread.... Or was I?

I believe his 20 interceptions were brought up before so don't bang the table too hard there Nico. Someone may go back to the first couple pages.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facepalm

Look at post 33
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Not sure what the other guys are thinking, but Dalton most definitely took a TON of heat from the moment he was drafted.

In 2013, I remember clearly what the debate shifted to: the 20 INTs. That entire offseason, it was one side bringing up the 4300 yards and 33 TDs, with the other always countering with the INTs. Or vice versa.

And of course the grumbling over the playoff performances was already kicking into high gear.

Frankly, most of the criticism towards Burrow right now is pillow soft compared to what was said about Dalton back then.

Same goes for Palmer after he started to wear out his welcome and threw all those pick sixes (5) in 2010.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote