Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli Apple
(10-07-2021, 07:07 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They're not all world beaters, so I'll take decent.

Plus it's not like he's Kirkpatrick committing 2 PI's a game.

Considering he had 46 penalties in 8 years with us (less than 5 a year) and only *15* were PI, that's a bunch of hyperbolic bs.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/player/d-kirkpatrick-arizona-cardinals2?year=2020 (click on each year)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Considering he had 46 penalties in 8 years with us (less than 5 a year) and only *15* were PI, that's a bunch of hyperbolic bs.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/player/d-kirkpatrick-arizona-cardinals2?year=2020 (click on each year)

Does nobody here understand that 99% of the shit i say is tongue in cheek at best?

Relax guys.
Reply/Quote
The people who hate on Apple the most hate him for stuff he said or did off the field years ago.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Does nobody here understand that 99% of the shit i say is tongue in cheek at best?

Relax guys.

You're an enigma...

Pal
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 12:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's literally been 1 drive a game, where he's F'd up (save for Jax), but on those 1 drive a games, he was EGREGIOUSLY bad, with the penalty and missed tackle on 3rd and VERY long (AND the TD given up) against Minnesota, the push OB and big gain against the Bears and giving up a large completion (again on 3rd down, IIRC) to Diontae Johnson.

Other than those 3 drives, he's been much better than LeShaun Sims or the (VERY) few times B.W. Webb had a good game.

(10-07-2021, 12:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: PFR has him with 7 missed tackles so far, for a 25.9% missed tackle rate. That's absolutely brutal.

According to their numbers he's actually not allowed a ton in coverage. Not great, but a 86.8 QB Rating (league average QB Rating right now is 95.9). The 3 accepted penalties certainly stick out, though.

Worse than you'd hope, but at least still better than Sims.

Yeah, he is a good backup. I like him there. I want Awuzie and Waynes out there ahead of him and Apple and Phillips to 
compete as the 3rd backup outside Corner. Hilton was our best acquisition in the Secondary this Offseason bar none.

But they play a different position. Also loved what I saw from Ricardo in his one game as a 3rd Safety who can also play
Corner in a pinch. Lou has done very well with our Secondary and Defense overall this year, have to give him props.
Reply/Quote
Can we give this guy a little love? I've hardly heard his name the last few weeks and that's a good thing..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Waynes who???

Seriously... who is Waynes?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can we give this guy a little love? I've hardly heard his name the last few weeks and that's a good thing..

Very surprised the Ravens didn't even try to pick on him out there.  He was hardly targeted.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can we give this guy a little love? I've hardly heard his name the last few weeks and that's a good thing..

Must have played well today, but I heard Lamar just didn't target Apple much.

Still need to watch the game to see.

(10-24-2021, 10:48 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Waynes who???

Seriously...  who is Waynes?

Never on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: Very surprised the Ravens didn't even try to pick on him out there.  He was hardly targeted.

Think Jackson, as good as he is right now, still isn’t a complete QB. He has a ton of talent and insane deep ball accuracy but I feel like he still lacks skills at reading defenses and picking on weaker players.

Either that or he couldn’t since he was running for his life too much to find Apples guy.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:54 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Think Jackson, as good as he is right now, still isn’t a complete QB. He has a ton of talent and insane deep ball accuracy but I feel like he still lacks skills at reading defenses and picking on weaker players.

Either that or he couldn’t since he was running for his life too much to find Apples guy.

The Bengals did something that Lamar Jackson isn't as used too... They played a good bit of man coverage.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I saw Flowers out there on several plays. Was he splitting snaps with Apple?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Considering he had 46 penalties in 8 years with us (less than 5 a year) and only *15* were PI, that's a bunch of hyperbolic bs.

I miss when the quarterback would over throw the wideout by 10 yards and Dre would dance like Deon Sanders after a pick 6.  Good times     . My god he as crappy but back to Apple . He's played really well but he will probably get picked on by better quarterbacks down the road.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I miss when the quarterback would over throw the wideout by 10 yards and Dre would dance like Deon Sanders after a pick 6.  Good times     . My god he as crappy but back to Apple . He's played really well but he will probably get picked on by better quarterbacks down the road.  

I was watching the SF-Indy game last night and there was a pass to Pittman with Dre K "covering" him. Pittman went up for the ball and Dre actually ducked away from the ball. I'm sure it will be on "You got Mossed" tonight

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:31 AM)pally Wrote:

Thanks. He's not a shutdown starter, but for a nickle/dime he's more than adequate. 

Reply/Quote

Apple had a 57.9 overall grade, but graded over 80 on tackling against the Ravens. 

He has played almost every snap of every game and has improved every week.  He had some issues early on, but has improved and has been a big part of the reason this team has not allowed a team to get more than 25 points this season.  

He is an absurd value at just 1.2 million for the year.  

If we were trotting out the likes of LeShawn Sims, they would not be where they are today.  He ended up being a huge signing.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I miss when the quarterback would over throw the wideout by 10 yards and Dre would dance like Deon Sanders after a pick 6.  Good times     . My god he as crappy but back to Apple . He's played really well but he will probably get picked on by better quarterbacks down the road.  

Better than Lamar and Rogers?  Remember, he has played his best games against those QBs.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Apple had a 57.9 overall grade, but graded over 80 on tackling against the Ravens. 

He has played almost every snap of every game and has improved every week.  He had some issues early on, but has improved and has been a big part of the reason this team has not allowed a team to get more than 25 points this season.  

If we were trotting out the likes of LeShawn Sims, they would not be where they are today.  He ended up being a huge signing.  

LaShawn Sims is a classic example of how beaten up we were with injuries last year. Sims was never supposed to be more than a developmental practice squad guy, yet here we were trotting him out there as a starter. He sucked, but he was put in a horrible position.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Apple had a 57.9 overall grade, but graded over 80 on tackling against the Ravens. 

CB's plan man to man is one of the hardest positions in the NFL. Apple is not a nickel CN, he is an outside CB who gets matched against great WR's who are big and fast. Eli has played great the past month.

Marlon Humphrey is the best CB in the NFL, but he was torched by Chase yesterday for 201 yards and a TD. It showed how hard the job of a CB is trying to cover great receivers one on one in the NFL can be.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote