Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli Apple
(10-07-2021, 12:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know he had a slow start to the season, but Apple has been a huge acquisition for this team.  If the best ability is availability, he has played almost every snap this season and really found his stride against Jacksonville.

I am not sure who he was matched up against, but according to PFF, he had an overall rating of 76.9, with a coverage grade of 80.9.  That is flat out getting it done.  For the money he is being paid, he is probably the biggest value find of the offseason.

One thing he got roasted for in the Chicago game was shoving that WR out of bounds.  I didn't realize that is NOT A PENALTY if the QB breaks the pocket, but he was flagged because the ball was in the air.  Sure, he needs to see that and had no need to shove the guy out of bounds, but overall, the play of this guy has been excellent aside from a couple plays against Minnesota and the Bears.

The coaches worked with him and now he is a quality starting-caliber CB.  

As hard as we all were on the guy at the beginning of the season, he is a big reason why the Bengals are 3-1.
I wanted to make a post like this too.. It's time to stop shitting on apple... I think we should stay with him and forget about bumb ass WAYNES...Even when Wayne's got on the field he blew ass...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I miss when the quarterback would over throw the wideout by 10 yards and Dre would dance like Deon Sanders after a pick 6.  Good times     . My god he as crappy but back to Apple . He's played really well but he will probably get picked on by better quarterbacks down the road.  

Rodgers - HOF
Ben - HOF
Jackson - HOF potential
Cousins - Very good passing QB

It appears to me he has played against some good QB's already.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not an Eli Apple fan but i'm also no football coach or GM...so i clearly don't know what's best. I can say with him on the field I do feel like the defense is more prone to giving up the big pass plays.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 07:07 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They're not all world beaters, so I'll take decent.

Plus it's not like he's Kirkpatrick committing 2 PI's a game.

speaking of old friend Dre, I watched him get put in for the injured starting CB for SF last  night and he promptly gave up a dagger score to Pittman.
I Dont miss that.   
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Nice, he ain't no bad Apple lately that is for sure. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
It's gotta be the system change foe some of these guys... Everyone looks good when the D plays as a complete unit. Gotta love it..
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, he ain't no bad Apple lately that is for sure. ThumbsUp

I'd hate to be sour on the poor guy.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote