Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli Apple trolls the ravens
Lighten up. We all loved it when Chad Johnson did this!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The team and QB of the past 2 decades have made a habit of being extremely complimentary before games. No bulletin board material. Yes, these are professionals, but it's human nature that some guys will play with more fire when they're ticked.

Dumb move by Apple.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Lighten up. We all loved it when Chad Johnson did this!

At first it was endearing, then it got annoying. The culture of those Carson Palmer teams were trash beyond belief.

Plus, Chad was a stud. Apple? Not so much
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:26 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Stupid…

It is his MO. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It is his MO. 

Eli Apple, Bobby Hart...

These Giants guys are stupid. No wonder they’ve been a horrid franchise since 2012

Thankfully BJ Hill seems to have his cap on straight
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If the Ravens don't have a big enough chip on their shoulders coming into this game after the way we dismantled them in front of their home crowd, I doubt anything Apple says is going to give them any extra motivation.

The ravens have also lost 3 in a row by a total of 4 points... This wasn't gonna motivate them anymore. I think it motivates the Bengals actually.. They got heart and grit now.. Something we haven't witnessed since Ocho..
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:25 PM)Tony Wrote: The ravens have also lost 3 in a row by a total of 4 points... This wasn't gonna motivate them anymore. I think it motivates the Bengals actually.. They got heart and grit now.. Something we haven't witnessed since Ocho..

The Carson Palmer teams had grit? Lmao they had less success than the 2011-2015 teams

I don’t remember the Palmer teams having a playoff performance as gritty as 15’ before Hill fumbled the game away

and I can’t remember a single regular season win during the ochocinco days that was as great as the Bengals Seahawks game in 2015
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: At first it was endearing, then it got annoying. The culture of those Carson Palmer teams were trash beyond belief.

Plus, Chad was a stud. Apple? Not so much

Yeah, while the Pepto-Bismol stunt was brilliant, the Hall of Fame jacket was just lame.   It was always a mixed bag with Chad.  But, he had the best feet in the business and was a singular talent.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 11:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When it comes down to this, I actually don't think Apple's comments make a difference at all. His swagger isn't going to carry the Bengals to a win and him giving the Ravens motivation isn't going to carry the Ravens to a win. It's about the complexities of Xs & Os, coaching decisions, and on field play.

So I suppose carry on if you must Apple, but since you aren't on the level of a guy like Deion Sanders who was the ultimate walk the talk type of player, I'd personally recommend you keep it quiet.

Typically, I agree. However, sometimes this stuff does light a fire you can't put out. Remember JuJu getting rocked for dancing on the logo, and the Bengals pull off a huge upset with Ryan Finley at the helm? I definitely think that played a role in that instance.

Just play Eli.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The Carson Palmer teams had grit? Lmao they had less success than the 2011-2015 teams

I don’t remember the Palmer teams having a playoff performance as gritty as 15’ before Hill fumbled the game away

and I can’t remember a single regular season win during the ochocinco days that was as great as the Bengals Seahawks game in 2015

How do we define grit?  Right now I'd say the 2021 Detroit Lions win the "heart and grit" award, but it seems like a hollow prize.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Typically, I agree. However, sometimes this stuff does light a fire you can't put out. Remember JuJu getting rocked for dancing on the logo, and the Bengals pull off a huge upset with Ryan Finley at the helm? I definitely think that played a role in that instance.

Just play Eli.....

Fair point. Bell seemed fired up and took it to JuJu. I think timing also matters and Apple's timing seems suspect since we've not yet secured anything to make it a special season.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fair point. Bell seemed fired up and took it to JuJu. I think timing also matters and Apple's timing seems suspect since we've not yet secured anything to make it a special season.

Agreed, bad timing. Now he has to go out there and back it up. We need to score early and often too. If you can do that, it makes it tough on the Ravens.

Bell's hit sparked the entire team that night. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed, bad timing. Now he has to go out there and back it up. We need to score early and often too. If you can do that, it makes it tough on the Ravens.

Bell's hit sparked the entire team that night. 

Bell's hit sparked the team and JuJu sparked a couple teams with his antics. I think the Bills also took it to Pittsburgh in the spirit of shutting JuJu's yapping. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:11 PM)Tony Wrote: No one cared when Boyd called the Stealers quitters after the first game. We smashed them in the 2nd one too.. I love the confidence.. Eli said he's gonna get some gifts from Lamar lol.. This team hates him and I love it.. They. Ever forgot him putting those stupid shades on and laughing on the sidelines.. I absolutely love it. No more loser mentality shit..

Boyd had a couple thousand yard years under his belt, and is a PA guy who went to Pittsburgh in college. He was making it clear where his loyalties lay.

It was also AFTER the game and there was another 9 weeks before they played again.

Apple is doing this the week leading up to the game.

(12-21-2021, 02:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Lighten up.  We all loved it when Chad Johnson did this!

Chad Johnson had a 3 year stretch of being the best WR in the NFL, a 6 year stretch of being a Top-3 WR in the NFL. He earned the ability to talk shit because he had proven for half a decade that he could back it up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Boyd had a couple thousand yard years under his belt, and is a PA guy who went to Pittsburgh in college. He was making it clear where his loyalties lay.

It was also AFTER the game and there was another 9 weeks before they played again.

Apple is doing this the week leading up to the game.

Chad Johnson had a 3 year stretch of being the best WR in the NFL, a 6 year stretch of being a Top-3 WR in the NFL. He earned the ability to talk shit because he had proven for half a decade that he could back it up.

Also, Chad's talking really was about the entertainment value. It came off as a guy having fun rather than a player thinking he's the big man of the NFL. Well, most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Lighten up. We all loved it when Chad Johnson did this!

Chad Johnson was a good NFL player. There’s a reason Eli Apple is on his fourth team in 6 years.

Dude is toxic and doesn’t have the skills to make him worth carrying the baggage. This is only the beginning.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 11:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When it comes down to this, I actually don't think Apple's comments make a difference at all. His swagger isn't going to carry the Bengals to a win and him giving the Ravens motivation isn't going to carry the Ravens to a win. It's about the complexities of Xs & Os, coaching decisions, and on field play.

So I suppose carry on if you must Apple, but since you aren't on the level of a guy like Deion Sanders who was the ultimate walk the talk type of player, I'd personally recommend you keep it quiet.

All I really care about is a win or loss.
If the team or a just a player wants to talk because they think it will help, whatever.
If they wanna keep quiet, that's fine too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Never been a big fan of this stuff. But like a couple others have said I'm not so sure fans and the media don't make more of it than the players do.

If the Ravens aren't already motivated to the max anyways ?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The Carson Palmer teams had grit? Lmao they had less success than the 2011-2015 teams

Only one that comes to mind for me is the 2004 game against the ravens at baltimore.  Cincy was down 17 and came storming back to win.    
Reply/Quote
C’mon Eli. You ain’t no Chad Johnson.
Reply/Quote