Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli Apple trolls the ravens
(12-21-2021, 06:34 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: C’mon Eli. You ain’t no Chad Johnson.

[Image: 5d41f1d4fd5b735f28b440239f7f84d2.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the Ravens should retaliate by dancing on the Big B at midfield like the Raiders did at KC and the Titans did at Shitsburg. That always works, right?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 09:12 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I think the Ravens should retaliate by dancing on the Big B at midfield like the Raiders did at KC and the Titans did at Shitsburg. That always works, right?

Yes, as long as Von Bell is watching.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 06:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: 5d41f1d4fd5b735f28b440239f7f84d2.jpg]

Get the pepto ready
Reply/Quote
I understand not liking these types of comments, but I’m surprised people are turning on Apple so quickly. Guy has been playing great since right around the bye. He has low key helped save this season. If we were trotting out guys like Darius Phillips and LeShaun Sims to fill in for the always injured (and awful when he does play) Trae Waynes we’re probably not talking playoffs right now.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:24 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I will never understand giving the other team bulletin board material

And btw, this is the first good season Apple has ever had, and he’s already boasting

Apple is eminently replaceable. Not a good CB, gets torched on the regular, and likely out of the league in a few years. In other words, the last guy who should run his mouth.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 11:32 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Apple is eminently replaceable.  Not a good CB, gets torched on the regular, and likely out of the league in a few years.  In other words, the last guy who should run his mouth.

Not so much.

Last 5 games. 

[Image: apple.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 11:32 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Apple is eminently replaceable.  Not a good CB, gets torched on the regular, and likely out of the league in a few years.  In other words, the last guy who should run his mouth.

Have you even watched a game?
Reply/Quote
I’ve watched every game this year, and the year before that, etc etc. You guys are straight homers, or OSU fans, or both. Apple’s track record suggests he’s the last dude who should provide bulletin board material because his play is largely suspect. Sure he’s played decent the last 5 games. He sucked in the games before that, and sucked for the Giants and Saints prior to coming here. Apple running his mouth would be like if Billy Price started yapping on Twitter after his Week 14 performance. But sure, keep on homering…
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 12:05 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Man, Apple must have hurt you at some point. You sound like you’re the one taking it personal and not the Ravens.

It’s not a good move. The Ravens are dealing with their own injury and Covid issues, but have largely played well. Why perk them up, and also get them thinking about the previous humiliation the Bengals gave them? Nothing good comes out of some minor player running his mouth and kicking the sleeping bear. It’d be one thing if Eli was a team leader, but he’s absolutely not.

The goal is to make the Playoffs in a Division that likely only gets one team in. Talking shit to the likeliest rival for the Division crown ahead of the game is just dumb.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 12:31 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It’s not a good move. The Ravens are dealing with their own injury and Covid issues, but have largely played well. Why perk them up, and also get them thinking about the previous humiliation the Bengals gave them? Nothing good comes out of some minor player running his mouth and kicking the sleeping bear. It’d be one thing if Eli was a team leader, but he’s absolutely not.

The goal is to make the Playoffs in a Division that likely only gets one team in. Talking shit to the likeliest rival for the Division crown ahead of the game is just dumb.

You’re making WAY to big a deal of this.
Reply/Quote
Really hate deleting a string of posts all because people can't stop taking shots at each other, but them's the breaks. Try be civil, people. Pretty please?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 12:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He wasn't terrible the previous 9 games. 5 of those 9 games he had a QB rating against of 77.1 or less. He has a total of 5 penalties on the year. 3 in the first 3 games. He's given up 2 TDs and has 2 INTs.

I don't give 2 shits what he did before he got here. It didn't affect the Bengals. You act like he slapped your mom or something. 

I don’t wish this dude bad, he’s just has a track record that is not good. He’s given up his fair share of big plays and TD’s this year, but has largely played better recently. The last 5 weeks don’t erase the previous 9, they just smooth out the first 9 weeks. While PFF has its warts, Apple’s season rating is like 59.7.

While we’re at it on the bulletin board crap, anyone remember what happened last year after Germain Pratt ran his mouth on Twitter about the Ravens playoff chances ahead of their second 2020 game?
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 12:18 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I’ve watched every game this year, and the year before that, etc etc. You guys are straight homers, or OSU fans, or both. Apple’s track record suggests he’s the last dude who should provide bulletin board material because his play is largely suspect. Sure he’s played decent the last 5 games. He sucked in the games before that, and sucked for the Giants and Saints prior to coming here. Apple running his mouth would be like if Billy Price started yapping on Twitter after his Week 14 performance. But sure, keep on homering…

Who the hell cares what he did when he was with the Saints or Giants?

And just for the record, I hate OSU and am far from a “homer.”

Reply/Quote
Sorry. Deleted a duplicate post. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This is a lot about a little.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 01:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is a lot about a little.

I'd say a lot about a whole lot of nothing. Bulletin board material is for fans. Players will bring it up but it doesn't help them win games. Negative emotion, like momentum is fleeting and can't be quantified or relied on. Focus and execution is what wins games. 

How mad was Pitt after Boyd said what he said and how did Pitt respond to it with all their anger?

Reply/Quote
So now we have posters saying bulletin board material doesn’t exist for players

Huh...
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:24 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I will never understand giving the other team bulletin board material

And btw, this is the first good season Apple has ever had, and he’s already boasting

Corners gotta have that arrogant confidence.  Apple is capable.  Made a great play Sunday.  You don't star at the and get drafted first round cuz you lack ability.  He's still a relatively young player at a position with a decent average shelf life by NFL standards.  Don't JJoe still play for the Texans?  
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Really hate deleting a string of posts all because people can't stop taking shots at each other, but them's the breaks. Try be civil, people. Pretty please?

Andy Dalton likes his steak well done with mustard.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote