Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli Apple
I don't get Bengal games here in Florida, but I can't help but think that Eli Apple set the tone with a PI on what I believe was a third down incomplete pass, that would have resulted in a 4th down punt?
Reply/Quote
He wasn’t good but he wasn’t that bad either… nobody on defense should be blamed this week.
Reply/Quote
Blaming anyone on D in this game is like being upset about the fabric of the deck chairs on the Titanic.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Blaming anyone on D in this game is like being upset about the fabric of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I’m awaiting a Hendrickson cant tackle scapegoat
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m awaiting a Hendrickson cant tackle scapegoat

Wilson should have just fell on it..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Eli “bad” Apple is appropriate description of his play

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The D wasn't why we lost. A couple of plays being made could have changed the game. IF Wilson fell on it or scooped and scored. IF Hendrickson did bring down Fields. Those plays didn't cost us the game at all. 4 consecutive turnovers on offense hurt much worse. However, it's still okay to say it would have been nice if those 2 plays had been made.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:51 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: The D wasn't why we lost. A couple of plays being made could have changed the game. IF Wilson fell on it or scooped and scored. IF Hendrickson did bring down Fields. Those plays didn't cost us the game at all. 4 consecutive turnovers on offense hurt much worse. However, it's still okay to say it would have been nice if those 2 plays had been made.

Oh ya, there are a bunch of those. Awuzie not knowing how to tackle on the sideline and Vonn Bell calling Dalton a red headed step child… what a meanie.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Blaming anyone on D in this game is like being upset about the fabric of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Calling the momentum shift and how when stupid mistakes are made that turn a first possession 4th down punt into a TD, is hardly blaming anyone. 

He just happened to be the one to give them momentum that ended up lasting the first half.

Or are one that believes the mental portion of sports is minimal?  Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Oh ya, there are a bunch of those. Awuzie not knowing how to tackle on the sideline and Vonn Bell calling Dalton a red headed step child… what a meanie.

Right. A few different breaks here or there and we might have won. Again, the D played well especially considering how shitty the offense played. Not blaming the defense at all. It just would have been nice if a couple of those went our way.
Reply/Quote
Momentum, momentum, momentum!

As soon as I heard Hoard call it and where it happened, I said, oh here we go.

Instead of getting the ball with momentum, Dalton puts up a TD!

Come on couch coaches! You know how much of this game is mental! Wink
Reply/Quote
D played well only giving up 13, but I will blame Bell. His idiotic taunting foul when the Bears would have been 3rd and 12 from their own 4 likely cost us points.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:06 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: D played well only giving up 13, but I will blame Bell. His idiotic taunting foul when the Bears would have been 3rd and 12 from their own 4 likely cost us points.

It was a bad call. I don't really put that on Bell at all. There were a handful of plays on the defensive side that could have helped turn the game. However, the playcalling and the offense left a lot to be desired today. We could have easily won even with the Bell penalty if the offense played half as well the first 3 and half quarters as they did the last 5 minutes or so.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:11 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: It was a bad call. I don't really put that on Bell at all. There were a handful of plays on the defensive side that could have helped turn the game. However, the playcalling and the offense left a lot to be desired today. We could have easily won even with the Bell penalty if the offense played half as well the first 3 and half quarters as they did the last 5 minutes or so.

It had literally JUST been called on the Bears like 5 minutes prior. It was a needless idiotic play by Bell.

Overall though the defense was not the reason at all we lost.
Reply/Quote
This franchise was buried with Paul Brown. It's been 30 years. I don't need 40 or 50.

IF this franchise ever gets it right, I will eat my crow and gladly become a homer too.

But until then, it's year after year of expect the worse hope for the best.

Even in 2015, when Burfict intercepted that pass at the end of the Squealers playoff game and all they had to do was hold on to the ball and either get 7 or 3 for their first playoff game, I knew, with the Bengals you have to wait untill the clock says 0:00, no flags on the field, and they are at least one point ahead!
Reply/Quote

I agree. Too bad our idiot coach doesn’t…

Reply/Quote
Eli Apple is the weak link. But he’s not responsible for this loss.

Plus if Wayne’s ever returns, Apple goes back to the sidelines for half the time
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I agree. Too bad our idiot coach doesn’t…

Good grief.  I hope there is more preceding that quote and after of substance.   This one makes him look like he is blaming the defense for the loss.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Good grief.  I hope there is more preceding that quote and after of substance.   This one makes him look like he is blaming the defense for the loss.  

Totally agree. Wilson’s pick was the reason we had any hope at all there towards the end.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Good grief.  I hope there is more preceding that quote and after of substance.   This one makes him look like he is blaming the defense for the loss.  

There is no context in which that quote is justifiable. The only thing he should have said with regard to our defense is “they played great, and kept us in the game.”

Reply/Quote