Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Elliot cut.....i told ya so
I think I was the first one to come out & complain about the Bengals "wasting" a 5th rd pick on Elliot....
& I even stated that imo, he wouldn't even be able to beat out Bullock.....

I wish him well......I hope he signs w/ another team & has a great career....

I love this draft overall....but hate this rd #5 pick.....just wasted it.... Gaah
Reply/Quote
I hope he sneaks on the the PS and gets a chance here. Really a bizarre situation all around. Will we ever have a surefire kicker?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:28 AM)Steve Wrote: I think I was the first one to come out & complain about the Bengals "wasting" a 5th rd pick on Elliot....

I love this draft overall....but hate this rd #5 pick.....just wasted it.... Gaah

Until he ends up on the PS, works on his accuracy and replaces Bullock when he misses another game winning FG from 40 yards out. Then the pick won't look so bad.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For me, it's still a matter of principle. Bullock won the competition, for better or worse.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:28 AM)Steve Wrote: I think I was the first one to come out & complain about the Bengals "wasting" a 5th rd pick on Elliot....

You are just awesome Steve. You are so right. Congrats man! You are a genius. I'll let you get back to your X-Box. I'm sure it's past your bedtime.
Reply/Quote
Can we redo the 5th round of the 2017 draft??????

:andy:
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

I agree 100, I'm not a fan of drafting Kickers period. Tampa bay drafted a kicker in the 2nd round and they cut him this preseason. Get a vet and hope for the best, Go Bullock you've earned it !!!
Reply/Quote
Edit.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
All hail "The Steve!"

Reply/Quote
I hope he does squeeze on the PS. There is just something about Bullock that I don't like...It seems like his kick trajectory is very low, and all his kicks seem to have a draw to them. Maybe all kickers do, but his seem almost like he is playing with a slice and I can't help but wonder if Elliott would have been the better long term prospect.

Either way, I think both are solid options and the kicking game is improved. So that is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
Hey Steve, pick my next lottery tickets!!! YA DA MAN!!! STEVE STEVE STEVE!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 08:33 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: All hail "The Steve!"

All of you worthless nobodies bow to The Mighty Steve!
Reply/Quote
Maybe instead of thinking we drafted Elliot as a replacement kicker, we actually drafted him to give Bullock competition? And the winner of the competition wins the rights to be our kicker this year. Which if you think about it, is the whole purpose of the draft regardless of position. I have no problem drafting a kicker in the later rounds of the draft. Late round picks are a crap shoot anyways.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Must be nice to be brilliant, humble and a seer.
Reply/Quote
With so many damn picks, we blew it in this draft. Yea we got some good guys like Lawson, Willis, and Evans, but those picks we just cut could have been used to move up once or twice to get maybe another Evans.

This was a horrible draft for offensive line talent, maybe next year we will look for a guard or center before the third day in the draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No one likes 'that guy'. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We wasted a pick?  Wow.  That NEVER happens!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 10:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: With so many damn picks, we blew it in this draft. Yea we got some good guys like Lawson, Willis, and Evans, but those picks we just cut could have been used to move up once or twice to get maybe another Evans.

This was a horrible draft for offensive line talent, maybe next year we will look for a guard or center before the third day in the draft.

This doesn't even sound realistic.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:34 AM)Brimey Wrote: I hope he sneaks on the the PS and gets a chance here. Really a bizarre situation all around. Will we ever have a surefire kicker?

imo, there is no "sure fire" kicker....
sometimes a kicker will miss.....it happens....

imo, there was nothing wrong w/ Bullock....there was no need to try to get rid of him..

I think what happened is we "over-reacted" & reached, trying to solve a problem that was more imaginary than real....Bullock missed 1 kick last yr & that was a snap/timing issue........

I think part of my problem w/ this pick too is I thought our war room was smarter than this....I wish this rd #5 pick would of been an O-lineman....
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 10:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: With so many damn picks, we blew it in this draft. Yea we got some good guys like Lawson, Willis, and Evans, but those picks we just cut could have been used to move up once or twice to get maybe another Evans.

in general I loved this draft....except the rd #5 pick.....
no one can get everything you want.....#1 we all want the best bang for our buck....in every round...
clearly Elliot was a miss....
I wish in rd #5 we'd of just taken the best O-lineman on the board.....just don't draft a kicker we didn't need.....
but whatever...it's over....
let's just go out now & win the AFC North....& at least 1 PO game....haha
we could be great this year....
Reply/Quote