Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Elliot cut.....i told ya so
I think Elliot will be on the roster by game 5, i really think he is still on the bubble and thats why he is on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 07:23 PM)RetroBengal Wrote: I think Elliot will be on the roster by game 5, i really think he isr still on the bubble and thats why he is on the PS.

I agree. It's not normal to stash a kicker on the PS. My guess is they really like the kid and his potential and they want to work on his mechanics a little. 
 With that all said, I hope Bullock doesn't miss or cost us game. We need all the points we can get this season!!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 07:30 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree. It's not normal to stash a kicker on the PS. My guess is they really like the kid and his potential and they want to work on his mechanics a little. 
 With that all said, I hope Bullock doesn't miss or cost us game. We need all the points we can get this season!!

I hope every Bengal who made team has a great year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We still talking about a terrible 5th round draft pick....smh.....ive amazed so many fans want to stay with Elliot because of that "huge" leg no one has ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 09:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope he does squeeze on the PS.  There is just something about Bullock that I don't like...It seems like his kick trajectory is very low, and all his kicks seem to have a draw to them.  Maybe all kickers do, but his seem almost like he is playing with a slice and I can't help but wonder if Elliott would have been the better long term prospect.

Either way, I think both are solid options and the kicking game is improved.  So that is a good thing.

I'm pleased that they got Elliott onto the PS. However, for the life of me I can't figure out how a PK will get any action on the PS. I guess they will have him kicking on a side field throughout practice. Of course he will need a long snapper and holder. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 09:54 PM)Derrick Wrote: I'm pleased that they got Elliott onto the PS. However, for the life of me I can't figure out how a PK will get any action on the PS. I guess they will have him kicking on a side field throughout practice. Of course he will need a long snapper and holder. Whatever

You do realize the practice squad players practice with the team and not on their own. It is easy to alternate kickers quickly to keep the starter fresh.

Also the holder is Huber so all of the kickers and the long snappers do their thing most of practice on one of the practice fields away from the rest of the team
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 09:54 PM)Derrick Wrote: I'm pleased that they got Elliott onto the PS. However, for the life of me I can't figure out how a PK will get any action on the PS. I guess they will have him kicking on a side field throughout practice. Of course he will need a long snapper and holder. Whatever

I'm sure he will get plenty of strength and conditioning work and that can only help the guy.  I am very happy they were able to keep him.  I can't quite explain it beyond the simple economics, but I don't like Bullock and I like Elliott a lot.  Call it intuition, but I have a pretty strong feeling about it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 09:49 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: All of you worthless nobodies bow to The Mighty Steve!

Make sure there are no steeler fans behind you first... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
This is where I come out with tears in my eyes and apologize for not predicting something correctly. Zzzzzzzzz. 
Uhmm, Stevey boy..nobody cares and it's really not necessary to brag about this. He's still a Bengal. But if it'll make you feel better you're a true savant and we should all aspire to be you. 

DAMMIT! I'm not you.. excuse me while I go jump from the nearest bridge to nowhere..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 08:50 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We still talking about a terrible 5th round draft pick....smh.....ive amazed so many fans want to stay with Elliot because of that "huge" leg no one has ever seen.

He is accurate from long-range. His issue is the mid-range kicks.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We're very proud of you, Steve.

I would like to point out, however, that you were inches from being incorrect.

[Image: mmiFFy4.jpg]
Inches matter! I'm like Elliot. I wish I had 6 more to either the right or the left. 

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 04:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Steve...not to burst your 'I told ya so' bubble...but basically EVERYONE who follows football criticized the Bengals for not drafting Gonzalez who was the top rated prospect.

There were a few optimistic fans...aka homers who were like 'I'll trust Simmons.'

The story isn't written on Elliott yet. You don't keep a kicker on the practice squad unless he could one day be on the roster.

I disagree
imo, 90% of the post basicly said "I trust the bengals on this.....they checked out both guys....nothing to see here...move on....
but whatever....it's just that I saw this as the 1st real mistake they made in this draft......so I said so....then was mostly attacked....haha
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 03:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Inches matter! I'm like Elliot. I wish I had 6 more to either the right or the left. 

you don't know what you're talking about....

I made 2  correct predictions when they drafted Elliot in rd #5
#1, it was a wasted draft pick & #2 he wouldn't be able to beat out Bullock for the job....

if that makes you mad too bad.....I don't care about you're feelings.... Cry

if you correct a wise man he will thank you...
if you correct a fool he will hate you....
Socrates...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 12:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: This is where I come out with tears in my eyes and apologize for not predicting something correctly. Zzzzzzzzz. 
Uhmm, Stevey boy..nobody cares and it's really not necessary to brag about this. He's still a Bengal. But if it'll make you feel better you're a true savant and we should all aspire to be you. 

DAMMIT! I'm not you.. excuse me while I go jump from the nearest bridge to nowhere..

wow....you really went whiney on us didn't you..... Cry Cry Cry

turned suicidal....????  
all b/c I made 2 correct predictions back on draft day 3....
pls don't jump ...... Drunk sober up & study the team more.....learn more...

then maybe you can make 2 predictions & have them come true 4 months later....as I did....??
but I doubt it....some ppl find it easier just to attack others who they are envious of.....haha Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:20 PM)Steve Wrote: you don't know what you're talking about....

I made 2  correct predictions when they drafted Elliot in rd #5
#1, it was a wasted draft pick & #2 he wouldn't be able to beat out Bullock for the job....

if that makes you mad too bad.....I don't care about you're feelings.... Cry

if you correct a wise man he will thank you...
if you correct a fool he will hate you....
Socrates...

WTF

Reply/Quote