Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email Leak Exposes Trump Tower Russian’s Dirty Lobbying Operations
https://www.thedailybeast.com/natalia-veselniskaya-email-leak-exposes-trump-tower-russians-dirty-lobbying-operations

There is a ton to unpack here, but this line...

Quote:Another part of the lobbying effort included an attempt to recruit Sen. Jeff Sessions, according to the leaked emails. Sessions had become the first senior Republican to formally endorse Trump in the presidential race in February. He would go on to be named U.S. Attorney General once Trump was elected.

Rinat Ahkmetshin, a former Soviet counterintelligence officer and Washington lobbyist, boasted that he had recruited the Alabama senator to launch an investigation into U.S. sanctions against Russia, according to a leaked email from Cymrot.

The reason that matter is this exchange when Sessions was sworn under oath in front of congress....

Quote:Sen. Franken: Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sen. Sessions: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.

In the last week it has become even more clear that the entire Trump administration is infested with foreign influence, some solicited and other just easily walked in the side door.
(10-04-2019, 12:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: https://www.thedailybeast.com/natalia-veselniskaya-email-leak-exposes-trump-tower-russians-dirty-lobbying-operations

There is a ton to unpack here, but this line...

The reason that matter is this exchange when Sessions was sworn under oath in front of congress....

In the last week it has become even more clear that the entire Trump administration is infested with foreign influence, some solicited and other just easily walked in the side door.

Sadly none of them care about lying under oath because they lie all the time.  The party that made two decades of hay out of deriding Bill Clinton for saying "it depends on what the definition of "is" is" is now lead by the biggest liar in the history of the Oval Office and everyone who works for him does the same.

So they don't care about laws, or lying or anything as they believe there will be zero repercussions.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.