Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empty Seats Disgruntled Fans
I love to win graciously. But it’s so hard to be humble when playing the dirty nasty Steelers. Was it just me or did the ketchup stadium appear to have tons of empty yellow seats when the game started? I saw a defeated looking Ben and a bunch of disgruntled angry ? fans at games end. Those have been our faces the last 3 years. Love to hear those home field boos.
Rock on Logan Wilson, the Defense, Chase and the O line. Good day for Carman. Who Dey
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 05:39 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: I love to win graciously. But it’s so hard to be humble when playing the dirty nasty Steelers. Was it just me or did the ketchup stadium appear to have tons of empty yellow seats when the game started? I saw a defeated looking Ben and a bunch of disgruntled angry ? fans at games end. Those have been our faces the last 3 years. Love to hear those home field boos.
Rock on Logan Wilson, the Defense, Chase and the O line. Good day for Carman. Who Dey

Loved the shot near the end of the father and son watching the final seconds unwind.  They looked like Dad just broke it to junior that Ben sat on his dog  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
There were tickets, not counting the ones up for resale, available in almost every part of the stadium as of Friday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I live 80 miles east of Pittsburgh. The few Stealer fans I actually respect aren’t expecting much out of their team this year. The mouth breathing troglodytes are gonna be fun this week.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
99% of Steelers fans give the rest a bad name.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers fans get an unearned rep as being great loyal fans, but in truth, they're just as band wagon as any other fan base. Probably more so, because 90% of their fans aren't even from the area and just latched on due to their consistent winning ways.

If they go through a rough stretch, I'd expect half of them to drop off and pull for a different team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals beat Stealers,
Empty seats disgruntled fans,
Ben will cry alone

[Image: haiku-poem.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 99% of Steelers fans give the rest a bad name.

It's funny because it's true.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 99% of Steelers fans give the rest a bad name.

Yup.  For every decent one there are 99 Adrian From The Burghs...

(09-26-2021, 07:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Bengals beat Stealers,
Empty seats disgruntled fans,
Ben will cry alone

[Image: haiku-poem.jpg]

[Image: Pulitzer-Prize.png]
Reply/Quote
Props to Watt and Highsmith being injured.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Steelers fans get an unearned rep as being great loyal fans, but in truth, they're just as band wagon as any other fan base. Probably more so, because 90% of their fans aren't even from the area and just latched on due to their consistent winning ways.

If they go through a rough stretch, I'd expect half of them to drop off and pull for a different team.

Easy to be a fan when your team hasn't been under .500 in how long. 99% of them would be Eagles fans if they suffered through a decade like the 90s in Cincinnati. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It’s terrible out here in CA
So many freakin bandwagon Steeler fans.
I will be laughing and talking smack to them this week.
Reply/Quote
I read an article about their last home game and it said they played in front of 16,000 people. I thought it was a misprint, maybe it wasn't.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad we won, and they have lots of bandwagon fans but I also feel a little stupid bragging about how much more experienced I am at watching losses and numb to the trauma of losing season than Steeler fans. What can ya do?
Reply/Quote