Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy Sec. Rick Perry says fossil fuels could help prevent sexual assault in Africa
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/11/02/energy-secretary-rick-perry-says-fossil-fuels-could-help-prevent-sexual-assault-africa/825036001/

Quote:Energy Secretary Rick Perry proposed Thursday that expanding fossil fuels could help prevent sexual assault.

Perry’s comment came as he recounted his recent trip to Africa during an event with Meet the Press host Chuck Todd and Axios CEO and founder Jim VandeHei.
Perry said he met a young girl who told him energy was important to her because she reads by the light of a fire with toxic fumes.

And then he pivoted to discussing sexual assault.

Here's the full quote, as published by The Hill:
Quote:But also from the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will on those types of acts. So from the standpoint of how you really affect people's lives, fossil fuels, is going to play a role in that. I happen to think it's going to play a positive role.

Even with as more women come forward to say they have been sexual harassed or sexually assaulted by high-profile men, it's unclear why Perry chose to bring up the topic at the event. He didn’t say if anyone on his trip mentioned sexual assault.

I have to admit that when I read the headline I expected the story to be he said something about jobs and raising the standard of living and making lives better so there would be less crime and criminals.

However I'm not that shocked that that is NOT what he said or meant.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
You know what else can power lights? Solar, wind, geothermal, bio-fuels, etc.
Global warming causes terrorism.
Burning fossil fuels reduces rape.

Ok.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-02-2017, 09:18 PM)Benton Wrote: Global warming causes terrorism.
Burning fossil fuels reduces  rape.

Ok.

Hey, if you wanted both no rape AND no terrorism, you shouldn't have let your ancestor listen to that snake and eat the apple. 

Thems the breaks.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-02-2017, 09:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hey, if you wanted both no rape AND no terrorism, you shouldn't have let your ancestor listen to that snake and eat the apple. 

Thems the breaks.

Ninja

Actually, the forbidden fruit was a quince, but it had to be westernized in order to make it applicable to Western audiences.  Not sure how blasphemous it is to do such a thing.  Maybe the next revision will change it to a forbidden Big Mac.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]