Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England games not away games?
I guess I've never cared enough to pay attention, but why aren't games in England considered away games for BOTH teams? For season ticket holders, isn't that a bit of a kick in the nads?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:41 AM)Benton Wrote: I guess I've never cared enough to pay attention, but why aren't games in England considered away games for BOTH teams? For season ticket holders, isn't that a bit of a kick in the nads?

Someone has to be the "home" team.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:42 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Someone has to be the "home" team.

But as there's no "home" crowd, there's no real benefit. Not that I can see, anyway. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:59 AM)Benton Wrote: But as there's no "home" crowd, there's no real benefit. Not that I can see, anyway. 

I assume it has something to do with the home/away symmetry of the NFL schedule as a whole.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:59 AM)Benton Wrote: But as there's no "home" crowd, there's no real benefit. Not that I can see, anyway. 

i believe they direct the crowd to work for the "home" team.
Reply/Quote
That's what has a lot of fans so bitter about the international games. If the NFL would've shown it's current established franchises and fans some respect and implemented the games in a way that doesn't count against a team it would've went down more smoothly I believe. As it stands now a franchise loses a home game and a competitive advantage. I'm not sure there's any guidelines on how to do it right it's not guaranteed you get a bye week after that game either.

The whole time Goodell just keeps repeating the same tired lines...

"Our studies have shown fans would respond positively to this move." Or something like that while flop sweat floods his forehead.
Reply/Quote
Things like this is among the many reasons why my interest in the NFL has been taking a pretty steady decline the last few years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd agree, but when the Jets play the Giants, should both be considered "home?"
Reply/Quote
I wish they'd stop the whole damn thing, period. What's next? Manchester United vs whoever in the Silverdome? I hate this, sorry British fans.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with having teams go to England. I get they're trying to grow the sport.

But it just seems like a no brainer to have both teams using away games, that way neither team — or fan base — gets screwed.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 10:23 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm ok with having teams go to England. I get they're trying to grow the sport.

But it just seems like a no brainer to have both teams using away games, that way neither team — or fan base — gets screwed.

Go to bed, re-think this tomorrow. It's an American sport. Belongs in the USA.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 10:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I wish they'd stop the whole damn thing, period.  What's next?  Manchester United vs whoever in the Silverdome?  I hate this, sorry British fans.

As an English Bengals fan who's getting to see his team for the first time ever late this year, I actually completely agree with you.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:42 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Someone has to be the "home" team.

Why? On any given week there are 15 or 16 teams playing away games. No reason both teams can't be scheduled to play in England on an "Away" weekend....
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why? On any given week there are 15 or 16 teams playing away games. No reason both teams can't be scheduled to play in England on an "Away" weekend....

Every away team plays a home team.   If two away teams play then that means two home teams will have to play.   
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why? On any given week there are 15 or 16 teams playing away games. No reason both teams can't be scheduled to play in England on an "Away" weekend....

(04-25-2016, 01:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Every away team plays a home team.   If two away teams play then that means two home teams will have to play.   

Lucie is correct.  You can't have two teams play a road game because of the balance of the schedule.  You can't have  a road game without a home team.

When the NFL was talking ab out adding a 17th regular season game I said it would be a problem because some teams would have 8 home games and some teams would have 9.  Now I see exactly what they will do.  Every team will have 8 home, 8 away, and 1 game on a neutral site in another country.  
Reply/Quote