Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enjoyable Season
Well it sucks we lost, but probably the most enjoyable Bengals season for me. The board was pretty awesome this year! I felt there was a lot of good discussion.

We have an elite qb and a great team. Let's enjoy that! We were bad for so long.

We won't win a SB every year. There will be some years we don't win a playoff game...but we won 5 over the last 2 years!

I see fans of other teams that are miserable if they don't win a SB. Let's not become them!

When we win a SB, it will be sweeter because of losses like last night.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well it sucks we lost, but probably the most enjoyable Bengals season for me. The board was pretty awesome this year! I felt there was a lot of good discussion.

We have an elite qb and a great team. Let's enjoy that! We were bad for so long.

We won't win a SB every year. There will be some years we don't win a playoff game...but we won 5 over the last 2 years!

I see fans of other teams that are miserable if they don't win a SB. Let's not become them!

When we win a SB, it will be sweeter because of losses like last night.

Who Dey!

Have to agree.  It was a fun year, overall.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A ten game winning streak, including a late-season sweep to end the Ratbirds' season, and the following week ending the season of America's new-found darlings, was a thing to behold. Here's to an even more successful 2023.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It really was a great season. Honestly I’ve gotten over the last two years season ending losses almost instantly as weird as that sounds. Maybe that’s just me getting older, idk. Or maybe it’s because the window is wide open.

We won’t win it every year. In fact, we’ll be lucky to win one. That’s how hard it is. There have been a few dynasties in the history of the league. I could see Burrow leading one, but we’ve seen QB’s like Manning, Marino, Rodgers, etc struggle to win just one or two SB’s.

I am still confident we get one before too long, but it will be a lot easier for everyone to breathe once we get that first one. All signs point to next year being an amazing season. Hopefully the stars align for us. As long as we are legit contenders like we have been the last two years it’ll be a blast. There is no comparing the past two seasons with anything we’ve ever had before.

Enjoy the ride kids, nothing lasts forever. Don’t wait until they’re over to enjoy the good days.
Reply/Quote
I think there are some parallels with the Bengals to the early 2000 Pistons. Some heartbreak in the playoffs, then a championship.

One game I remember versus the Nets...the Pistons hit a half court shot to go to ot...then lost.
Reply/Quote
Great year, which is amazing since the Bengals were like a merry-go-round with injuries to top players all season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's been two great seasons.... otherwise, couldn't agree more.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Great year, health issues caught up to us. Winning a Super Bowl will always require some luck in that regard other than the odd freak incidents like Nick Foles.
Reply/Quote