Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Enough is Enough (Music Edition)
First JB loses respect by stating he listens to any music but country:
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/joe-burrow-country-music-quote-bengals-reaction-nation-divided-01h2wyx7tdyr

Then he gains lost respect by stating he doesn't listen to Taylor Swift:
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/14/joe-burrow-attending-taylor-swift-concert-paycor-stadium/

Now we have his blindside asking grown men to share their favorite Taylor Swift song:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bengals-prep-taylor-swift-funny-031550371.html

As to my favorite Taylor Swift song:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey Orlando Brown is a girl dad...he better know Taylor Swift songs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Who is Taylor Swift ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 06:51 PM)pally Wrote: Hey Orlando Brown is a girl dad...he better know Taylor Swift songs

#facts  It's inescapable in that scenario!  I would have never have heard a single song of hers if it wasn't for having daughters.
Reply/Quote
He gained more respect for not liking country in my eyes.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 08:55 AM)Garrus Wrote: He gained more respect for not liking country in my eyes.

There hasn't been any real country since the 80's.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 06:51 PM)pally Wrote: Hey Orlando Brown is a girl dad...he better know Taylor Swift songs

(06-22-2023, 07:18 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: #facts  It's inescapable in that scenario!  I would have never have heard a single song of hers if it wasn't for having daughters.

Yep. My youngest daughter is a huge fan. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There hasn't been any real country since the 80's.

HUGE facts.....well, until Sturgill and Tyler came along. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There hasn't been any real country since the 80's.

I would say early-mid 90's but I agree.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 10:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would say early-mid 90's but I agree.

This also applies to rap which equates to us being "get off my lawn" old guys.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 10:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This also applies to rap which equates to us being "get off my lawn" old guys.  Hilarious

Yup  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Amen!!
Reply/Quote

[Image: CavernousSimpleIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 08:55 AM)Garrus Wrote: He gained more respect for not liking country in my eyes.

That's because you guys are like 12.

Reply/Quote
I don't know why someone gains or loses respect based on the music they listen (or don't listen) to.
I listen to damn near anything, sometimes all on the same playlist - classic rock, hard rock, metal, rap, hip hop, pop, country, EDM, dubstep, folk, bluegrass, jazz, musicals, etc.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm about as open minded as anyone could be when it comes to Music.

If a song starts playing and I like it, then I like it.

Doesn't matter what type of Music it is or when it was made.

If it starts playing and I don't like it, then I don't like it.

I was born in 1967 making my teen years in the nineteen eighties and the eighties seemed to have Big Stars with Big Hits from all types of Music

Categories and Styles. Feel like I've been exposed to tons of Pre-eighties Songs and styles plus what came after the eighties until now.

Have zero musical talent myself though. ZERO Violin
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's because you guys are like 12
I wish, my knees would sure appreciate it lol
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know why someone gains or loses respect based on the music they listen (or don't listen) to.
I listen to damn near anything, sometimes all on the same playlist - classic rock, hard rock, metal, rap, hip hop, pop, country, EDM, dubstep, folk, bluegrass, jazz, musicals, etc.

We were discussing this at lunch today. There is good and bad music in every Genre. I'd don't eliminate any genres. Now artists...that's a different story. 

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 02:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We were discussing this at lunch today. There is good and bad music in every Genre. I'd don't eliminate any genres. Now artists...that's a different story. 

For sure, and even good/bad music is (mostly) subjective. It more comes down to "Do I like it or not?"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 02:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We were discussing this at lunch today. There is good and bad music in every Genre. I'd don't eliminate any genres. Now artists...that's a different story. 

You have to use perspective.  Joe Burrow grew up in The Plains.  I guarantee you that that kid has been force fed so much garbage pop country that he probably went in as far a different direction as he could as a show of rebellion.
Reply/Quote