Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ereck Flowers
(04-24-2018, 01:11 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: cool..thanx for defending a guy that missed "one" block .  I guess missing one block every play isn't that bad.   Ogbuehi doesn't suck after all.  he misses a block every other play I think. 

I don't think that anyone was "defending" Flowers for missing his primary assignment, merely pointing out that whomever claimed that he missed 3 blocks on one play didn't really understand what they were looking at.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:13 AM)hollodero Wrote: A friend of mine is Giants fan and a very close spectator and he hates that guy. Hates him more than Bobby Hart.

That being said, I think almost anyone is worth a fifth rounder.

Tells me a lot coming from the fans of the team. No thanks.

Draft Okorafor, O'Niell, Orlando Brown, Tyrell Crosby, Casey Tucker, Alex Cappa or Jimarco Jones after we get our stud Center.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:11 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: cool..thanx for defending a guy that missed "one" block .  I guess missing one block every play isn't that bad.   Ogbuehi doesn't suck after all.  he misses a block every other play I think. 

Funny how you missed my second edit... not defending anybody, I call it like it FACTUALLY is.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tells me a lot coming from the fans of the team. No thanks.

Because random fans are always impartial and have great football acumen...
Reply/Quote
when the Bengals put Ogbuehi on the "Block" Giants fans will be saying, he's a first round pick with potential, I think we can turn him around
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: I would hate to have the Bengals get Hart and Flowers, 

Unless it was Valentines Day!!!

Wub
Reply/Quote
Ereck Flowers is only making $2.4 million this year. If Giants trade him they have $4.6 million dead cap hit.

This guy did something that really pissed off the Giants.
Reply/Quote
Could be worth the competition at RG but I don't want him anywhere near our Tackle spots.

Most likely a 5th rounder or later isn't gonna make the team anyway so worth a look.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 03:16 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Because random fans are always impartial and have great football acumen...

It does depend on the fan you are correct they could be completely wrong about him as some are on
here with certain players. Just know a Giants fan would know more about Ereck Flowers than i would.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ereck Flowers is only making $2.4 million this year.  If Giants trade him they have $4.6 million dead cap hit.

This guy did something that really pissed off the Giants.

That is a very good point, and one that I had failed to even consider.  Any New York people on here that might be able to give us any details?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would rather draft a player in the 5th round
Reply/Quote
I know midway through the season we would have taken any warm body over what we had on the field but this guy is pretty bad. We have bodies we need quality. Like Fred said, he must have really pissed someone off. Their willing to pay 4 mill to not play this guy. That's pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 05:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It does depend on the fan you are correct they could be completely wrong about him as some are on
here with certain players. Just know a Giants fan would know more about Ereck Flowers than i would.

Most of my friends and family are Giants fans. They can't stand Flowers. Horrible player with a bad attitude. Had 3 years to improve his fundamentals and hasn't. One of the more knowledgeable Giants fans I know thinks he can be a serviceable player with a different scheme/coach. One of my friends said they would gladly trade Flowers for Ogbuehi. They do rate him higher than Bobby Hart though. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 06:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a very good point, and one that I had failed to even consider.  Any New York people on here that might be able to give us any details?

They aren't happy that with his already perceived "bad attitude", he hasn't shown up for any voluntary work this spring which would be more important this year than any other year due to the new staff and GM coming on-board. You'd think Flowers would try to ingratiate himself to the new regime, but instead, he has made his reputation even worse. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 09:07 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: They aren't happy that with his already perceived "bad attitude", he hasn't shown up for any voluntary work this spring which would be more important this year than any other year due to the new staff and GM coming on-board. You'd think Flowers would try to ingratiate himself to the new regime, but instead, he has made his reputation even worse.

Thug U living strong.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:06 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: It's all over the news today that the Giants are willing to trade the RT. Think it be worth parting with a 5th rounder for him?

We already got one of their RTs....did you watch their line last year?  It might have been the only line worse than ours.  Pass. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:13 AM)hollodero Wrote: A friend of mine is Giants fan and a very close spectator and he hates that guy. Hates him more than Bobby Hart.

That being said, I think almost anyone is worth a fifth rounder.

You say that, but a fifth rounder might get that kicker from Florida....I like that idea much more.   Hell, that dude (Pieiro) might win games.  I would wager a 4th on him.  No shit. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You say that, but a fifth rounder might get that kicker from Florida....I like that idea much more.   Hell, that dude (Pieiro) might win games.  I would wager a 4th on him.  No shit. 

OK. People said similar things about Aguayo. I mean no disrespect to the player or your opinion, but a fifth rounder is always a lottery ticket, one that doesn't win often. Including kickers, but then again, I'd rather draft a kicker than some raw prospect there, so I'm good with your plan; but I usually don't mind trading fifth rounders away for another lottery ticket.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: That 2015 draft was quite possibly the worse draft for tackles this decade.

We oughta know.... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:59 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Most of my friends and family are Giants fans. They can't stand Flowers. Horrible player with a bad attitude. Had 3 years to improve his fundamentals and hasn't. One of the more knowledgeable Giants fans I know thinks he can be a serviceable player with a different scheme/coach. One of my friends said they would gladly trade Flowers for Ogbuehi. They do rate him higher than Bobby Hart though. 

Thanks for the info brother.

Tells me all i need to know. No thanks, draft a RT in the 2nd to 4th rounds. Lots of decent ones this Draft.
Reply/Quote