Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Winston?
(12-06-2016, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, the run game definately needs to improve. True about Dalton dropping dimes. Lots of perfect throws in that game.

He won't always play that well.

If Dalton get 3 to 4 seconds in a clean pocket he will always play pretty close to the level he played against Eagles.

Dalton is a very good NFL QB and more than half of the teams in the league would love to have him.

The Bengals are complete idiots if they do not spend a high draft choice this year on a center with size, strength and technique to deal with a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[________]needs to be held accountable .....

We need some magic accountability fairies.. Maybe we can trade for a few..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:53 AM)bengals67 Wrote: If Dalton get 3 to 4 seconds in a clean pocket he will always play pretty close to the level he played against Eagles.

Dalton is a very good NFL QB and more than half of the teams in the league would love to have him.

The Bengals are complete idiots if they do not spend a high draft choice this year on a center with size, strength and technique to deal with a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense.

In complete agreement.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 02:14 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: No team would have started the year with Ogbuehi and stuck with him even though he was absolutely terrible.  Or kept Michael Johnson,  Maualuga,  Bodine,  Nugent as starters.  I agree it's Mike Browns loyalty or Marvin Lewis Loyalty  but someone is responsible for tanking this season.  Those 5 guys should have been cut this preseason I don't care what round they were drafted or what there contract is.

MJ started out a little rough, but he's been playing some good ball over the last 9 weeks.
I'm betting he gets a sack or two this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 07:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not that great at RT, from what I remember.  It seems he was better at G and LT.  I didn't watch a whole lot of A & M, mainly because of Manziel until he got drafted (sheesh that little punk made me sick), and being an FSU fan, I watch more ACC games.  There are probably others here who can give you a much better idea than me.  I do remember he gave up like 6 or 7 sacks in his senior year.

He switched from RT to LT in his Senior year, so early on he struggled, but after the first 4-5 games, he starting showing some improvement and in his last 3-4 games he was starting to really dominate at LT, and that is normal for a good LT. Then got hurt.

So I don't know if it was the injury, or if his last 3-4 games were against low quality players or what. Usually guys make the switch before their Sr year so that they can get a full year of learning in before dominating.

Personally, I thought we were wasting time trying to get him to learn to play the RT in the NFL. We need him to master his play at LT, and Fischer master the RT. I'm not PA so just take it for what it's worth.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 02:11 AM)BengalChris Wrote: When they have a lead or a tie the Bengals basically seem to default to running on 1st and 2nd down. Seems like anyways and opponents will make defensive calls based on that tendency. So they're looking for runs and we can't seem to run block consistently if our lives depended on it. The occasional good run blocking plays are few and far between and are nullified by the numerous plays where the defense is in the backfield.
Hell, it seems they run on early downs whatever the score. It is definitely a tendency that the opposing defenses know. And now a few words from Forrest Gump....
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 09:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: Hell, it seems they run on early downs whatever the score. It is definitely a tendency that the opposing defenses know. And now a few words from Forrest Gump....

Stupid is as stupid does?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:53 AM)bengals67 Wrote: If Dalton get 3 to 4 seconds in a clean pocket he will always play pretty close to the level he played against Eagles.

I think eifling would be a centerpeice for the next 10-12 years. Been saying this for the last week he's elite in run blocking super strong upper and lower great technique and just won the Remington in first year as center after first 3 years at guard. Would make a hill run up the middle go from 2 to 4-5 yards with zeitler and boling imo 3 time all big award winner.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 07:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He switched from RT to LT in his Senior year, so early on he struggled, but after the first 4-5 games, he starting showing some improvement and in his last 3-4 games he was starting to really dominate at LT, and that is normal for a good LT. Then got hurt.

So I don't know if it was the injury, or if his last 3-4 games were against low quality players or what. Usually guys make the switch before their Sr year so that they can get a full year of learning in before dominating.

Personally, I thought we were wasting time trying to get him to learn to play the RT in the NFL. We need him to master his play at LT, and Fischer master the RT. I'm not PA so just take it for what it's worth.

After watching them keep letting him struggle at RT, I'd value your opinion more than Ludwig Van's.....and that ain't sarcasm.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 07:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He switched from RT to LT in his Senior year, so early on he struggled, but after the first 4-5 games, he starting showing some improvement and in his last 3-4 games he was starting to really dominate at LT, and that is normal for a good LT. Then got hurt.

Nice post Mike. Makes me feel a little better but the guy has to want to be good.

That is a question Lap was posing lately. Doesn't seem like he refuses to get beat.

(12-09-2016, 03:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I think eifling would be a centerpeice for the next 10-12 years. Been saying this for the last week he's elite in run blocking super strong upper and lower great technique and just won the Remington in first year as center after first 3 years at guard. Would make a hill run up the middle go from 2 to 4-5 yards with zeitler and boling imo 3 time all big award winner.

LOL.

Eifling, Elfein, no wonder lots have just called him the OSU Center... Ninja
Reply/Quote