Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson AND/OR Tate??
Does anyone see a scenario where they keep both Erickson and Tate?

If so, who doesn't make it?
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Does anyone see a scenario where they keep both Erickson and Tate?  

Core...

I see both Erickson and Tate making it after today. Erickson made more catches then anyone and one great catch.

Tate catches everything and will just make Touchdowns. Touchdowns win games, Auden Tate is a keeper.

Really liked Core's upside with his size, speed and physicality but he just doesn't go up for the ball like these guys.

Erickson is just seeming gritty, hard to get rid of these types of players. He is doing it as a Receiver, that is what we need.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Does anyone see a scenario where they keep both Erickson and Tate?  

They kept seven receivers last year. Green, Lafell, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Core. It would be Auden Tate over Cody Core....

Has anyone heard anything about Core even once during the off season or so far in training camp?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Core...

I see both Erickson and Tate making it after today. Erickson made more catches then anyone and one great catch.

Tate catches everything and will just make Touchdowns. Touchdowns win games, Auden Tate is a keeper.

Really liked Core's upside with his size, speed and physicality but he just doesn't go up for the ball like these guys.

Erickson is just seeming gritty, hard to get rid of these types of players. He is doing it as a Receiver, that is what we need.

I have to agree with this.  I just left the website and read the article and watched the short video of both receivers today.  We will see how this plays out more so in the preseason games.

(Nate, since the anthem thing started a couple of years ago, and some serious 'shady' referee calls and replay decisions I've seen in the last few years, I vowed NOT to spend another dime to fund these prima donnas anymore, which means not renewing the NFL Ticket with DTV.  Being down here in Florida there are only 2 games I will see on national TV, and that is the preseason game against Buffalo, and the first Ravens game on TNF.  

I wanted to see one of the other preseason games for free, and decided to go with the first game with the Bears.  I sign up for Game Pass the day before the game and cancel AFTER the game within the 7 day free trial period.)
Reply/Quote
I can see both making it but Erickson could be a potential cut when Burfict comes back.
Erickson needs to really show more in the return game.
as a WR his skill set and intangiables are a level below Malones and Tate.
Erickson plays the slot. so does Boyd and Ross.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I can see both making it but Erickson could be a potential cut when Burfict comes back.

I would totally be cool with an Erickson departure.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:38 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I have to agree with this.  I just left the website and read the article and watched the short video of both receivers today.  We will see how this plays out more so in the preseason games.

(Nate, since the anthem thing started a couple of years ago, and some serious 'shady' referee calls and replay decisions I've seen in the last few years, I vowed NOT to spend another dime to fund these prima donnas anymore, which means not renewing the NFL Ticket with DTV.  Being down here in Florida there are only 2 games I will see on national TV, and that is the preseason game against Buffalo, and the first Ravens game on TNF.  

I wanted to see one of the other preseason games for free, and decided to go with the first game with the Bears.  I sign up for Game Pass the day before the game and cancel AFTER the game within the 7 day free trial period.)

Thank you buddy, i am going to do the same. The same page.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: as a WR his skill set and intangiables are a level below Malones and Tate.

Disagree with this. Malone has really not shown us anything on the game field. Erikson is always a dependable catch. Alex's biggest problem is that Andy never had enough time getting through his progressions to get to him. When he did, Erickson came up with the big catches. Malone may be better on paper, but he hasn't shown anything near as good on game day as Erickson.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I can see both making it but Erickson could be a potential cut when Burfict comes back.

Good points as usual, but when i see Erickson showing up with those gritty catches it only helps him.

I think we have better Returners on the roster but that is just what i think...

We will see.

Core is the one i think needs to show more and i have always been a Core homer.

Rooted for him since the beginning. But i always want the best players to make the roster, bias aside.

Right now Alex Erickson is playing better than Cody Core...
Reply/Quote

I think it comes down to how many LBs they keep for the first 4 games.  If they keep an extra one, NOT counting Burfict, they may just eliminate the extra LB after game 4.

Personally, I would keep an extra LB because injuries can happen at any time and four games is a quarter of the season.
Reply/Quote
After looking at tape of Tate in NFL games with full pads on, yeah I'll go with Erickson for now, not even a question. Tate could be potentially a decent backup red-zone option though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Disagree with this. Malone has really not shown us anything on the game field. Erikson is always a dependable catch. Alex's biggest problem is that Andy never had enough time getting through his progressions to get to him. When he did, Erickson came up with the big catches. Malone may be better on paper, but he hasn't shown anything near as good on game day as Erickson.

I disagree about Malone not showing anything.  He only had something like six catches but he definitely gave a glimpse of his ability.  And we will get a good look at it this year.  He will be, at the very least, a solid contributor.  And he will eventually be, not saying an absolute stud or anything..well hell, yes I am.  He will be an absolute stud.

While the Bengals don't have a wealth of guys who have done anything yet, they do have a wealth of guys who look capable.  This time next year, we will list WR as a position of strength.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Depends on how many they decide to keep.  Based on current reports, if they keep 7 WR's like they did last year, Core is the odd man out.  If that happens, they likely decided that Tate wouldn't clear waivers and Erickson won the primary returner job.

If they keep 6, I think the only way both make it(barring injury) is that Ross, Boyd, and Malone drop LaFell down to #5 on the depth chart.  Erickson would likely dress over LaFell because he has ST's value in that situation.  It wouldn't make much sense to pay a WR $5 million to not dress on gamedays, so LaFell would be cut, along with Core.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Disagree with this. Malone has really not shown us anything on the game field. Erikson is always a dependable catch. Alex's biggest problem is that Andy never had enough time getting through his progressions to get to him. When he did, Erickson came up with the big catches. Malone may be better on paper, but he hasn't shown anything near as good on game day as Erickson.

Truth
Reply/Quote
I think Tate makes the 53 man roster. The Bengals need another Red Zone threat, and the team cannot count on Eifert's health for the entire season.

I hate see Core go but it is a numbers game after all.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:30 PM)Synric Wrote: They kept seven receivers last year. Green, Lafell, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Core. It would be Auden Tate over Cody Core....

Has anyone heard anything about Core even once during the off season or so far in training camp?

I would keep all except for Ross. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 05:32 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I would keep all except for Ross. Shocked

[Image: th?id=OIP.hCtBYiY10kDhz5TG7zRVsQHaFj&pid...=221&h=167]

Reply/Quote
Core had some good games at the end of 2016... Bummer that didn't translate into ANYTHING in 2017.

I see Lafell being cut, especially if they're confident Malone can be the number 2.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 05:43 PM)Brimey Wrote: Core had some good games at the end of 2016... Bummer that didn't translate into ANYTHING in 2017.

I see Lafell being cut, especially if they're confident Malone can be the number 2.

Ross should be number 2 I believe.  Boyd should be slot.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Yes Lafell won't be here or they will go with 7.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote