Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson Cost Us The Game
I think we had the momentum and confidence, as well as the lead, and Erickson's fumble just sent everything into a downward spiral.

That was kick interference, no matter how small, and caused the fumble illegally.

If the Patriots were receiving and we were punting, that's a penalty.

I'm not saying that we 100% would have won the game, that play cost us any chance we had at winning.
Reply/Quote
Hmm...I’m leaning towards the guy who turned it over 4 times, not once...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If that's all it takes to break a team then we had no chance at winning anyways. Which sounds right because we're 1- 13.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we had the momentum and confidence, as well as the lead, and Erickson's fumble just sent everything into a downward spiral.

That was kick interference, no matter how small, and caused the fumble illegally.

I'm not saying that we 100% would have won the game, that play cost us any chance we had at winning.

The Bengals lost by 3 TDs, had 4 INTs and the WRs were waiting for the ball while NE was going after it.

Bad coaching cost the Bengals this game.

A fumble that ended up being a FG isn't what lost this game.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:54 AM)BengalChris Wrote: The Bengals lost by 3 TDs, had 4 INTs and the WRs were waiting for the ball while NE was going after it.

Did Taylor coach Andy to throw the ball to the other team?

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did Taylor coach Andy to throw the ball to the other team?

You would think that the WRs would be coached to go for the ball. I saw Boyd waiting while Gilmore ran in front of him. That's coaching. That's preparation for what was going to happen in the game.

Reply/Quote
#Bungle4Burrow
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:00 AM)BengalChris Wrote: You would think that the WRs would be coached to go for the ball. I saw Boyd waiting while Gilmore ran in front of him. That's coaching. That's preparation for what was going to happen in the game.

Gilmore is just a stud. Maybe Andy should have put the ball where only his WR could get it.

Or even better stop throwing near Gilmore all together.

Reply/Quote
Im not blaming the loss on Erickson, however I think he's running out of opportunities to really justify he belongs on this team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That loss was a team effort, just like the rest of them.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we had the momentum and confidence, as well as the lead, and Erickson's fumble just sent everything into a downward spiral.

Then buy that guy a beer.  Now, with the Giant's win, they can win a game and not blow the first overall pick, 
Reply/Quote
lol
Reply/Quote
They lost because Kroger had a sale while game plans were drawn up.. Guess who was at Kroger during that time.. ZAC!  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

A team usually can recover from one mistake. It was the series where Dalton pick 6 cost the team the game. Prior to half time, the Bengals looked like a team to watch all season. I ran out to get coffee, took longer than expected and when I returned I returned the PATS were up by 10. I'm like ok, the Bengals can still come back within seconds of thinking that PATS were up by 17. That is when I shut my TV off. Bengals over all can win games if the opposing team doesn't score more than 21 points. As soon as the PATS were up 27 to 10 I knew it was over for the Bengals. The pick 6 ensured the loss yesterday. 

Dalton isn't Peyton Manning who can light it up and get 28 points in the forth quarter, Dalton is a game manager and is good for no more than 14 points a quarter. With around 20 total minutes left to play and the PATS already up by 17 I knew it was over. 

I was right though that the Bengals could play a top team like the PATS and they did in the first half. The thing is that the team rarely shows up for the whole game. They showed up for the first half and I'm glad I got to watch that part of the game it gives me hope for next year. 
Reply/Quote
Erickson has proven he belongs on this team already. Everyone drops one now and then, especially when interfered with. He's one of our most sure handed receivers. Stop the hate already.
Reply/Quote
Throwing the ball 4x to your opponent is gonna limit the points you put on the board. Pre-INTs we were neck to neck, post INT-Andyfest, a blow out.

Playing hard in the NFL doesn't get you wins, playing smart does.

GAME OVER
Reply/Quote
Funny way to spell "Dalton."
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gilmore is just a stud. Maybe Andy should have put the ball where only his WR could get it.

Or even better stop throwing near Gilmore all together.

In other words, coaching.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 08:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That loss was a team effort, just like the rest of them.

Absolutely right -- and don't forget the coaches.  Other than the run game, not much of the game plan on either side of the ball worked well.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:54 AM)BengalChris Wrote: The Bengals lost by 3 TDs, had 4 INTs and the WRs were waiting for the ball while NE was going after it.

Indeed. It's a typical narrative though...how 1 or 2 players get injured and the season is over. 1 mistake in a game causes a spiral that destroys the teams confidence and costs us the game.

Like we need absolutely perfect conditions to win.

I can see why people think that due to this teams history...but it's not like that for good franchises.
Reply/Quote