Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson Cost Us The Game
Don't blame one single player , this team was playing the Patriots, and we all know that they have a way of making plays, gaining yards, and then scoring. How many INT's did this team give up? Why has this team lost all of them, except for one? It has been a terrible losing season. Lets just get through these next two games and start off fresh after this season.
Reply/Quote
I've used the analogy before as have others but it still fits. Blaming Erickson for losing this game is about like blaming the helmsman for sinking the Titanic.

If I was going to blame one player it would be the guy that threw 4 and 1/2 interceptions.

But the bottom line is the Patriots get it done and we don't, there's no mystery about who was going to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Erickson cost the Bengals the game as much as the Patriots film crew last week cost the Bengals the game. In other words neither did. But when the Bengals QB is passing the ball to the defense time after time... Well that is something to consider. Big Grin

I can name 2 players that were not responsible, Mixon and Bullock. They both did their jobs well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we had the momentum and confidence, as well as the lead, and Erickson's fumble just sent everything into a downward spiral.

That was kick interference, no matter how small, and caused the fumble illegally.

If the Patriots were receiving and we were punting, that's a penalty.

I'm not saying that we 100% would have won the game, that play cost us any chance we had at winning.

If that's true, then he should get the game ball - we're still in the running for draft pick #1!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 08:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Erickson cost the Bengals the game as much as the Patriots film crew last week cost the Bengals the game.   In other words neither did.  But when the Bengals QB is passing the ball to the defense time after time... Well that is something to consider.  Big Grin

I can name 2 players that were not responsible,  Mixon and Bullock.  They both did their jobs well.

Don't forget Carlos Dunlap.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We're kind of back to the 90's Bengals where after a loss you could name like 2 Bengals that played well enough to win. Usually 1 was Dillon.
Reply/Quote
I'd actually blame the dumbass 4th and inches play call from the shotgun as the beginning of the end before erickson. He was obviously interfered with but the Bengals aren't going to get those call against the Patriots.

Thats if I was blaming anything other than we're just a pathetic football team in every aspect disregarding some individual efforts.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're kind of back to the 90's Bengals where after a loss you could name like 2 Bengals that played well enough to win. Usually 1 was Dillon.

Did the 1-13 record not make that clear to everyone lol

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:53 AM)R3stangs Wrote: I'd actually blame the dumbass 4th and inches play call from the shotgun as the beginning of the end before erickson. He was obviously interfered with but the Bengals aren't going to get those call against the Patriots.

Thats if I was blaming anything other than we're just a pathetic football team in every aspect disregarding some individual efforts.

We lost by 3 TD's.

If all it takes is 1 bad play to start the sequence...then the team is too mentally weak. It's as if we're a 1-13 team.

We've won what 1 game in a full year. Pointless to debate this stuff.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We lost by 3 TD's.

If all it takes is 1 bad play to start the sequence...then the team is too mentally weak. It's as if we're a 1-13 team.

We've won what 1 game in a full year. Pointless to debate this stuff.

Perhaps you should read my last sentence in that quote......
Reply/Quote