Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Esiason Lost My Respect
I lost a lot of respect for Boomer Esiason after his post-game rant about the Bengals last week. I figured he would come back and say something about the Gio hit and the NFL's reaction but he didn't.

Being in the media he has the platform to speak up and take a stand regarding the NFL's ruling on the Shazier hit but chose not to say a word (at least from what I saw). This tells me he is a spineless, gutless, NFL pawn. There is no way he believes that BS response from Dean Blandino regarding rule interpretation of the Gio hit.

To me he is no better than the NFL government.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who knows what the hell he was watching. Yeah same here he lost me as a fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:39 AM)Hemroid242 Wrote: Who knows what the hell he was watching. Yeah same here he lost me as a fan.

The Sports media is completely politically correct and this breeds a herd mentality. Boomer knew his broadcast colleagues would shake their heads approvingly.

Did Boomer, Nance and Sims say one thing questioning the alleged catch?

The ridiculous flag on Williams?

The no call on Gio?

The idiot rules "expert" describing the Shazier hit as "unfortunate."

What the hell is "lining up."

Shazier intentionally lowered his helmet and launched himself into Gio's face. That is fine and "unfortunate" but Burfict pulling up and hitting Brown with his pads instead of his helmet after Brown lowered his head into Burfict is just wicked and deserves a three game suspension.

Why no reply of DeCastro tackling Burfict after the whistle blew? Why no comments on that by Boomer, Nance or Sims?

Don't forget DeCastro poking Gillberry in the eye the prior game. Of course no flag thrown on that play.

Where were Boomer, Sims and Nance and the rules expert on Porter being on the field?

The narrative is Steelers and Big Ben are awesome first class franchise with the great Rooney family and Bengals are cheap. chokers, thugs, and second class.

That is the bias every game for the officials and the announcers. It is part of their sale presentation - the "good guy" Steelers versus the "evil" Bengals.

Another game in Cincy like this playoff loss could result in a riot. The NFL will be to blame for this. They need to have personal fouls and pass interference calls eligible for reply given the complete subjectivity with which these rules are applied by part time old men officials who are not in shape and who do not study game film full-time to get some consistency in decisions.
Reply/Quote
Yeah he just played right into Cowher's hand, but there is no way Cowher would ever have done the same thing about the Steelers in any game no matter what they did. It's funny that I hated Brian Billick as a coach, but I like him now. I despised Cowher then, and I despise him now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Boomer is really only supportive of Bengals qb's. As far as the team, as long as it's going good it's good, the moment it goes bad....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think JJ nailed it. Sometimes I see Boomer on the bandwagon, other times it seems like he's purposefully hammering them because 1) he doesn't want to look biased or 2) he's disappointed in them.

You can see Cowher has no remorse with his bias.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think JJ nailed it. Sometimes I see Boomer on the bandwagon, other times it seems like he's purposefully hammering them because 1) he doesn't want to look biased or 2) he's disappointed in them.

You can see Cowher has no remorse with his bias.

One thing I've noticed is that most people in the media who never played or coached rarely say who their favorite team is.  Who is Rich Eisen's favorite team?  Who is Michael Silver's favorite team? How about Colleen Wolfe?  However, people like Dave Damashek do everything they can to promote the Steelers in their videos.  
Reply/Quote
I don't know many people who weren't "ranting" about the Bengals shortly after the game. As a Bengals fan, Boomer goes through similar emotions that everyone else does when their team blows it bad. If anything, I have more respect for him now....the passion about the end of that game showed me that he isn't just a former player, he's definitely a fan.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:37 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I lost a lot of respect for Boomer Esiason after his post-game rant about the Bengals last week.  I figured he would come back and say something about the Gio hit and the NFL's reaction but he didn't.

Being in the media he has the platform to speak up and take a stand regarding the NFL's ruling on the Shazier hit but chose not to say a word (at least from what I saw).  This tells me he is a spineless, gutless, NFL pawn.  There is no way he believes that BS response from Dean Blandino regarding rule interpretation of the Gio hit.

To me he is no better than the NFL government.

I was disappointed too because he was quick to jump in on the media narrative instead of seeing both sides objectively.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't know many people who weren't "ranting" about the Bengals shortly after the game. As a Bengals fan, Boomer goes through similar emotions that everyone else does when their team blows it bad.  If anything, I have more respect for him now....the passion about the end of that game showed me that he isn't just a former player, he's definitely a fan.

Agreed. Boomer is a Bengals fan. He stuck with them through the up and down 06 season. He doesn't want to come off as a complete homer like some analysts, but you know he roots for them.

It was a few years ago where the Bengals won a close game and they cut to the studio. Boomer had no idea that the cameras were rolling, but you could see he was excited that they had won.

Collinsworth on the other hand...
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He lost my respect as well. It's one thing to be disappointed in your team, but he outright disowned them with the comments he made about the Bengals and didn't stick up for them at all.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
Should Esiason really be a Bengals fan? I mean, yea he played for us, and came back in 97 but he also demanded a trade once Mike Brown took over. I guess all could have been forgiven before he came back, but anyone who demands a trade from a team would be less likely to be a homer for that team in my mind...er, right? He wanted to go to the god-awful mid 90's Jets, for pete's sake.
Reply/Quote
He was disgusted we threw shit at an injured player and our self destruction.

Why are we mad at him for this instead of our players/fans?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 08:20 PM)Element Wrote: He was disgusted we threw shit at an injured player and our self destruction.

Why are we mad at him for this instead of our players/fans?

The fans were enraged by Shazier's dancing on our logo after taking out our player.  No mention of that from the media.  I don't blame the fans.  They saw a lot that was really going on that we didn't see on tv.
Reply/Quote
Really? Because he expressed himself other than some scripted robot? I didn't mind it at all. There's a breaking point for everyone and this must of been his. He's not alone. I've said a lot of dumb shit about this team knowing full well I'm still a bengals fan 100%. Just aggravated.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 08:39 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Really? Because he expressed himself other than some scripted robot? I didn't mind it at all. There's a breaking point for everyone and this must of been his. He's not alone. I've said a lot of dumb shit about this team knowing full well I'm still a bengals fan 100%. Just aggravated.

The thing is, I think he did express himself like a scripted robot.  He ran with the anti-Bengal, pro Steeler media narrative. 
Reply/Quote
Norman Esiason would be nowhere in life without the Cincinnati Bengals. He's an ungrateful jackwagon.
Reply/Quote
Dude, throwing one water bottle at a player who is not actually injured (who believes those reports? separated shoulder and torn tendons, 50 yard bombs on a dime, OK). Where there's smoke there's fire, the whole steelers organization is just trash.

I really don't give a F about throwing a water bottle at Ben R. I would have thrown one too after that shazier hit that didn't even get fined. Chalk it up to home field advantage. A plastic water bottle is not a glass beer bottle. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There are two Boomers for me: the guy who played in the NFL through 1997 and the commentator since 1998. I will always respect what he accompished here in his playingdays, and I'll always wonder what we could have done in '98 with him at the helm for 16 games.

When he left the NFL for the Monday Night gig he was not well-received. Al Michaels called him out in public, and they worked together, for Pete's sake. Since that point he's always seemed to me to be over-compensating for the perceived Bengal bias he has. Still, he was singing Andy and the Bengals' praises as loudly as anyone this season, for what it's worth.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
His stating that Burfict needed a mental evaluation was way way out of line....
Reply/Quote